1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Can we please get mandatory pit stops to work in custom championship mode! Makes long races so much more immersive also populate the pits with the other cars pit crews this looks fantastic on Gran Tourismo and adds to the immersion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's how you get the playing field even. You remove the oil pan plug and the oil filter.

4. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Name will be: Corvette C3, extreme friction modification

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the non-race Corvette is in a new class on its own. But lets keep entertaining the idea that it’s with the 23 and Mini.

I’m not sure how much power the C3 would have. Wikipedia tells me that it was available with around 400hp in big block config. But it also weighs 1600kg. It could have less power with the same weight for BoP purposes.

It’s not unheard of for a big Murican car to lose catastrophically in corners. And then win big on the straights. That’s basically how the Ford Galaxie (500hp) vs Mini went. And I think that kind of weird BoP is exactly what you want from vintage TC.

The point about tire tech is good though. As agile as the Mini and 23 are, they seem to leave some pace on the table due to sloppy tires. Even so the lesser C3 could surprise us all by how bad its braking and cornering is.

Anyroad, we’ll see. Just wanted to give my 2 cents on why a bizarro race could work out.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can turn on pit crews, I see other cars ones.

7. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

A mother in law comment just here:
    - a generic is perfect fine for me..
    - Karen,you should have married Marcus if you wanted a ferrari

8. Maiki0767

Maiki0767 New Member

The licensing issue is a shame because Automobilista 2 seems like a great simulator to me but this problem makes it lose many points

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

You do have to remember that Reiza aren't a big name like Kunos or even S397, at heart AMS2's Brazilian focus (despite the branching into global content) is much more on the niche side than the WEC support of RF2 or the Ferrari esports and SRO licensing of AC/ACC, and I'm sure the Ferrari licensing for example would be something they'd want but it's a question of if they can, not when they will given their relative smallness and, more than likely, budget

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Beccobunsen

Lately I can't figure out why people don't understand the power of the word.

Shame: "A painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behavior."

Let's analyze:

Who should be ashamed, Reiza? the small developer who tries to improve the product and not fall into the Hotwheels syndrome

The producers? that do not scale the requests for copyright according to the size and sales potential, or perhaps by agreeing to a percentage of the product sold.

The user? that but beware of things that have nothing to do with the simulation.

Myself? that I don't use more time for more useful things than replying to posts on Reiza's forum?
    Most likely

:rolleyes:o_O

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Beccobunsen I think something may have been lost in translation. The word "shame" has two meanings. The second is: "A regrettable or unfortunate situation or action." That may be what @Maiki0767 meant, although I might be wrong. "It's a pity" or "It's regrettable" would have the same meaning in this case.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Never understood why people wants to make an issue out of minuscule things.:rolleyes:o_O

This is a forum with lots of nonnative english speakers so making an issue out that is rather laughable.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato already replied to someone offering to get them in touch with the Ferrari people that they had their hands full with content, yet months later... <crickets>.

14. Beccobunsen

because 10,000 tiny things, like sand, keep you from moving forward.

We have become the forum of the half-empty glass.

But still I understand that I may be susceptible to the constant "solve my personal problem" thing.
    I apologize if I offended anyone, maybe I take a Forum vacation.

15. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Maybe analyse before drawing conclusions. Focus on context and it is clear that the OP is not implying anyone should be ashamed but rather that it is an unfortunate situation.

The power of words can be a minefield, as you've so eloquently demonstrated.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Beccobunsen

I personally think the intent was different from "It's a pity" or "It's regrettable".
    But I can be wrong.
    Accustomed to disappointed poster, especially when their "own development roadmap strategy" diverges from real development.
    I may have mistakenly misinterpreted the meaning.
    My bad.
    After all I'm not Reiza's PR:rolleyes:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Similarly, I may have interpreted the original message incorrectly. If so, I apologise unreservedly. As has been said, English is a minefield. Shall we move on? :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Maiki0767

Maiki0767 New Member

I don't really speak English and I don't know how google could translate my message. I'm sorry if anyone has been offended

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I understand certain cars not being in AMS2 for licensing reasons, but given the number of fictional open-wheelers in the game imo it would be nice if Reiza included some sort of fictional F2/GP2 car to fill the gap between the F3 & F1 cars we already have in the game.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.