1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep.. Even iracing has similar pattern (with a bit more users) for F1 races... F1 is nice to see but honestly not for everyone as it is very intense and tough to control.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've nearly given up on ever having populated and high quality races (meaning: drivers with good skillset, not wrecking every corner) with (historic) openwheeler or Group C cars. That’s why I'm looking forward to improvements for the AI so desperately. Otherwise there's no sense in racing these beautiful cars other than hotlapping.

Some years ago I raced one or two seasons in the Lotus 79 on Iracing and it was great. However races just went official once or twice a week which is difficult to attend. Same with the GTP/GTO series in Iracing: excellent cars (Audi 90 GTO and Nissan GTP ZX Turbo), great community but nearly no official races. It's a shame.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It might be a little off-topic but are there any plans to change the properties of the bollards on the apexes at Donington? I understand it's to penalise corner cutting but making a mistake and misjudging entry for instance means your front end and/or suspension is turned into a crumpled, race-endingly damaged mess because the bollard, despite flying off as if it has the minimal weight it should, completely rips your car into pieces. It's immensely annoying in my opinion and it makes driving at the circuit (which, in most other sims, is my go-to track) feel like an absolute chore

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Lotus 49 has a revised tire model and is getting a lot more attention now, with more races going official (especially this week at Nords). Some very good regulars there to race with as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I would be, in general, very happy if all cars already in game would get the development attention they deserve. A bit of the magic already done to the Ultima GTR would also help GT4 and Porsche Cup Classes.

6. Ettore

Yeah I loved those series too, but they are so very niche..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just got another update, 86mb in size.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. McClutch

Build ID 7650589, the usual hotfix.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. McClutch

Group C was as popular as the F1 in the 80's. The main issue in ASM2 is that Spa and Monza prior to 1993 are the only appropriate tracks so far and '93 was the last year for group C. The true home of Group C was Le Mans.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yep, but do you remember back to the very early days when they were titanium and didn't break off? Car totalled with any contact whatsoever. We are half-way home ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As long as In TT the damage will be done by hitting them, I don't care to much about changing the collision effect in MP.
    Although you can be sure people will take other lines, and will drive through the bollards if they are on the fastest line, and don't damage the car.
    Perhaps it is better to leave it as it is.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Ettore

Not talking real life.. Talking iracing... No one races the Lotus 79 or the GTO class unfortunately...

13. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Nowadays they're titanium and total with any contact but now they break off for the illusion of realistic weight :whistle:

14. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For vintage racing discord is your best bet. Mostly AC for now of course but I think as more content is made available in AMS 2 we will see more people make the switch. My guess is the historic Nurburgring will be very popular with those groups (VAC and THR).

15. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, if the urge ever hits you to do a season in Group C, I would be up for that. Maybe even doing an online with ai type of scenario with the hope eventually enough sensible drivers with racecraft join it would be all human. \_('',)_/

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In these last couple of patches there have been some really good little revisions and refinements, little things like break torque, splitter angles or gear ratios for instance have made some subtle, just right changes! Billiant stuff on the Mclarens 1st gear, and brakes much better now. GTE break torque adjustment has made the Corvette C8R a much better drive for me. Splitter adjustments to Prototypes have improved these cars (like the DPI), at Nords tourist for instance im not getting ridiculess left over crests now. V8s seem to be slightly less push understeery to. Cheers! Bravo!

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ettore

Once ranking is out I think some opportunity racing scenarios will open up better :D

18. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope so man. I know you are in North America like me so it would be fantastic to get good racing on weeknights for us.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

More infos please….

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, it kinda looks like a whole different game, if this is ingame footage, if it is i sincerely hope it wont go at the cost of less/slower development of ams2

• Disagree Disagree x 3