1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is some kind of bug with the AI crash physics. They hit an object and then game freezes for half a second and suddenly the AI car loses all momentum and just flops over and comes to a halt. It looks ridiculous when it happens. Unfortunately it isn't very reproducible so might be hard to fix.

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, even now, for a sim this old LFS still amazes me!

3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if its something to do with some sort of artifical reset, as this sim has a reset button you can map (I dileberately dont have it mapped), maybe this is the A.I.s version of that

4. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know there are a lot of things not quite appropriate for a game like AMS2, but Wreckfest has amazing crash and collision physics. I'd love to see deformable tyre barriers and crash physics at this level

• Like Like x 2
  5. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And then, of course - for maximum realism - the 1 hour red flag period for the barriers to be rebuilt after every crash. :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would make for cool videos though. Of course, since we're in the sim world it doesn't have to be as bad as in real life. The red flag period would need you to go to the pits where you could do whatever was needed and then skip back to the race, complete with restart.

That's probably going too far BUT...we will need something like that for oval racing to be successful. Watching videos in NR2003, it seems like when you crash out and cause a caution you teleport to the back of the grid for the restart. Obviously that would need to be an option to keep the hardcore satisfied but it's probably how most people would choose to race ovals offline.

The online solution is trickier but could be solved with host options as they will need to balance rage-quitters with careless wreckers (maybe a crash triggers some animation that keeps playing even if the player immediately leaves the lobby while the field lines up to go green again, with the option to transport people that wrecked into the pits for some set time period).

7. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Oh, I wondered how that additional brake worked

Almost every YouTube review of the update is pointing out this sort of stuff: driver too small, hands clipping through chassis, flipping hands while turning wheels, no wheels on car etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Installing some livery/ai packs, found a couple of new interresting folders in Overrides. Maybe a hint for a bunch of new cars, including three new contenders for the GT3 class and some more coming in the near future.
    Can anybody confirm? :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where exactly?

Nm found them
    There is one car specifically that is not like the others, in that its a 90's GT car that doesn't have a class in AMS2 and wasn't competitive in the class it was shoved into in Pcars 2. Very interesting...

However, if this is what we get as part of the Christmas update, I'll be very happy!

Ps. I'm assuming the rest of these liveries for cars we don't have are carry overs from Pcars 2

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No folder in the games directory is any warranty for hinting any content releases. Sorry to calm the excitement here. :whistle:

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dylan Hale

Apart from the fact we've seen all of them in screenshots or Silhouetted in the past minus the one I pointed out...

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Lucky, but still no warranty. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dylan Hale

Okay fine...
    However should a car of that type and brand and name show up...
    Please be the GT2 variant and not the street car. Please please please! Lol

14. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if repost, but this dude made one of the most thorough reviews post 1.3 I've seen so far. Valuable for the devs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The real cars has no adjustable TC, it's all in one package with ESP and cant be turned off. And I wished It could, a lot of times this Winter.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

I agree with you, a World Series by Nissan open-wheeler would be great. Then the Nissan Primera for Touring Car and the pre-showed GT1 and Group C. :D

17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Agreed.
    I've been asking for a F2/GP2 type of car for a while, imo World Series by Nissan would be a nice step between F3 & F1.

• Like Like x 1