1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 Has an excellent damage model, I love it, and the the 200% Damge scaling option is brilliant! The A.I. can also be very clever when avoiding an inccident, some of the best ive seen!
    But there are some instances where cars react to crash'es in some odd ways. Also we still have the invisible wheel bug, where after a crash, you can return to garage, or even restart your session, but the wheels you lost in the crash are now physically back on the car, but not graphically representated.
    In terms of their physical reaction to a crash. Iracing (which I don't own, but have seen plenty of) seems to handle that best, and has a great looking damage model! Rfactor 2 can be weird especially when a car flips over things can get pretty odd, a bit like AMS2, but unlike AMS2 it has'nt got such a good damage model. Of course the king of them all is BeamNG, but atm thats more of a driving sim than a racing sim. I noticed some of the behavior just today at Watkins Glenn and added it to this video, and for balance have also used some footage of when the damage model and physics work really well. What do you folks think?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean, I would be down for a couple Reiza fictional street circuits as long as one of them is a suspiciously simular copy of Seattle from Gran Turismo...

Wishful thinking aside, surely Reiza could build a fictional street course much easier then a real one as you would have complete artistic freedom. Imagine a track that cuts through the center of a shopping mall or something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Lol that’d be so PS1! But yeah, some imagined tracks like GT Sports would be huge fun. Oh wait. What about…

…fantasy Le Mans-esque endurance circuit?! I mean, why the Hell not?
    Get the whiteboard out, Reiza. You’ve got ‘till April.;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I think,fictional tracks don't belong in a Simulator same for cars.imh.
    But you can ask for this as a paid DLC for those who want it.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Every track was fictional until it was built... just saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Demeisen

I think a bit of brave pragmatism is called for now. And why not have some high-end concept models too? Studio 397 have done some really interesting things like that. And then there’s inMotion’s excellent eLMP3 concept mod. Showcasing some bonkers drawing-board AMG supercar would do wonders to raise AMS2’s profile.

7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You've never raced karts in Buskerud then, available in the base game since AMS1. Best karting track ever, and it is ficcional.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

IMO, yes and no.

I'm not the biggest fan of fantasy tracks since there are enough real tracks out there to build. On the other hand, Mendig was a really fun track to run.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Demeisen

Well, I don’t care where it is, so long as it’s in Northern France and has a gigantic inflatable Michelin Man, and a couple of really long Roman roads. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Mending isn't fictional, is a real place used for car tests purposes irl....just the layouts are since designed by Reiza but the airport is real eh...

To be honest is totally fine for AMS2...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I still want RBR modded tracks, like Semetin 2009 and 2010 in AMS 2. Why? So we can test how awesome the Engine is on Tarmac + Rallye-setting. So ideal demo for Reiza Rallye Sim :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Can someone at Reiza divulge how this works, without revealing any sensitive information? Like when Montreal was included, does a license fee get paid to ACIND, or is it fair game because it's public roads in a city? I don't expect trade secrets to be revealed, but just to satisfy curiosity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Mid-Ohio is such a driver's circuit that I think it's mandatory. And you could do a few versions of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder how many ovals will make it as part of the next DLC? Also, do you think it will include US stockcars in addition to the CART cars?

My guess is that the tracks will be Indy, California, Texas and something special from NASCAR, Bristol and/or Martinsville maybe? (if no US stockcars, then probably Michigan too)

15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope we get some sort of Street Stock or other grassroots oval content. NASCAR's are great, but a huge part of the racing scene in the states are the little backwoodsy ovals you can find in every other county. From dirt tracks, to asphalt short tracks, these things are everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. yuriasd

yuriasd New Member

Where is the December Dev update?

17. Andrex

Andrex New Member

The AI is such a pain in the back.
    Is it that difficult to do an intelligent AI?
    AMS AI is trying to overtake in 10 cm spots over gras and so on, realy dum AI, a shame to call it AI

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's certainly no easy task! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Just asking.
    What track, levels and car are you using?
    They can show themselves to be very good from this end although theres always room for improvement, they vary from track to track and aggression level will make a big difference. high skill and low aggression ie 100/50 is risky 100/85-100 actually provides better result and always has this end. (adjust the skill level to your desired pace then aggression within 5-10% or so ). Worth a try

Just entered some ones online retro race with 20 humans ranked race, enough said about intelligence!!!. 10 humans &10 AI would have seen more of that and likely 10 humans have a clean start and better race,

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd really like Meindig added at some point, even as DLC. I have fond memory of the 11km layout in AMS1.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3