1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So i know im one of my recent posts I've been critical about Tire compounds being a bit mixed up and not working as they should. Also I posted about how the slip curve has suddenly got a bit weird again (grip dropping off in a slide but never regaining, resulting in total loss of grip and ending up in a full 180 passenger slide), for instance before recent updates I could properly drift the Camaro but now its back to having weird lateral grip issues again. Anyway as i've already stated (as have some of you who've experienced similar) im sure Reiza are alreay sorting this all out for next update.

Anyway criticism where criticism is due, but also praise where praise is due! So I wanna say a big thanks to Reiza for just one of the many improvements they've made.

Back in update 1.3.1.0 there was this line:

"Revised AI suspension parameters should minimise issues with AI potentially rolling or bouncing off high curbs on some tracks".

Now when I read this i got very excited as there is a certain historic track ive never been able to use with certain (usually low ground clearance) cars, and I love this version of the track and always wanted to have a race with the A.I and GT1's (as they're from the 90's and so is the track), and some of the 90's F1 cars, but it was impossible due to the raised curbs there and the A.I. cars problems with them, just ended up in a massive crash fest and loosing half the feild after the first two laps (as I like to race with full damage and 200% scaling). So I immediately booted up the track and cars after reading that line in the change log and was over the moon, because hey presto, they fixed it! I did make mention of this in a video about that update and said that at some point id have to run a full race there to celebrate!

Well, I finally got time to make that video! And I seriously enjoyed myself! So here it is, and Reiza, thankyou very, very much indeed, its made this simhead very happy indeed!:)

And for those of you who have been saying we need more vids and content to show off AMS2 and maybe attract more players, I sincerely hope this helps!

Third times a charm.... You'll see what I mean:whistle:

Cheers Reiza, nice one!;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That just leaves Reiza free to carve out its own niche. If things continue as they have been and the numbers keep increasing, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to add newer content for '23. I think it works better this way actually, there is so much change going on IRL right now that it makes more sense to wait a year to focus on current content.

Hypercars, LMDh, GT3 (now that GTE is going away and DTM is GT3), NASCAR has a new car for next year, Indycar is going hybrid in '23, F1 has new cars, etc. Is anything stable? TCR maybe?

Plus, they already mentioned the possibility/likelihood of '22 GT3s. By the time it makes sense to launch the latest and greatest content the game will be in a much stronger position than it is now. Just think how it will be once we have full course yellows, oval racing, vastly improved AI with customization available in the gui, hosted multiplayer lobbies, time trial of the week, etc.

The foundation will become very strong this year and new content in '23+ will be better off for it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Well the topic above is to shine more light to social media from REIZA. But the current content and preview shows most historic stuff that doesn t work on modern marketing - believe me.

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

imho there is so much polishing still to do before thinking about adding any more content.

Overall the whole experience still feels very rough (in good portuguese - AMS2 ainda parece uma "gambiarra" - mas não no sentido pejorativo - em cima de uma engine com muito potencial mas claramente limitada em muitos aspectos não relacionados à simulação em si).

There are two good examples of the lack of polishing: cam shaking very strongly when in the pit garage and cars (I believe it was the GT3 class) shaking during broadcasts/monitoring cams). And there are many more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's a little off topic but am I the only one who feels like Long Beach and Watkins should've been swapped around in terms of DLC release? LB holds IMSA races, sure, but it's a jewel of the Indycar crown, and Watkins conversely never held a CART race but is a sportscar legend
    Not like I'm complaining because both tracks are amazing and I'm glad to have them but I just thought that was a little funny

• Like Like x 1
  6. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I definitely believe you. For example, if the upcoming BTCC game focused on 90's content it would probably flop. It needs to be the ACC of touring cars to achieve commercial success and then it can add historic content (but if they don't fix the current NASCAR game it still might flop lol).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Been saying this for a long time now. Reiza have gotten better but still not enough to post once an update cycle, they need daily videos and teasers which I'm sure there are folks in the community that would love the challenge of making and posting, that would not take the main team off task either.
    As I've said before also, it's their baby and they will do what they want with it, but maybe Reiza just doesn't want more money :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been seeing the occasional, under the radar AMS2 workshop update this past few weeks. Another one dropped today. Am I imagining it or could these updates be tweaks to the AI? I do seem to be seeing more overtaking and less crazy behavior from them. Hard to be sure.

9. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Any bugs you said? Go test the ICM strategy that you saved. Go saved a few of them and start driving and fetching them during the game. You will find that the strategies you created are out of order from the initial setup. That's a bug.

10. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

I believe those are just data exchanges for the rating system. Since I only play in single-player mode, I haven't gotten anything like this.

I think what people are actually noticing is that some of the AI reluctance to overtake wasn't actually as bad as some people claimed. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

IDK, the Raceroom Discord is useless--mostly just daily rehashing of the same complaints. It certainly doesn't help market the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

About content, I'm personally okay if we don't get any modern equipment from here on out.

In fact, I would love Reiza to focus on 1990's on back. GT3/GT4 is cool and all, and I'm glad its represented in the game in some way, but I'm just tired of playing the same game over and over again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. CatAstrophe05

I'd like if they kept filling in more niches that other sims haven't gotten to yet- like how they're doing CART and early 80s F1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The particular Discord you're referring to is unpleasant because the people running it are unpleasant. Discord can be a valuable resource, a place of community. Or it can be like you say, useless.

I spend all day in Discord and it's immensely more valuable to me than any other media. I make friends on Discord because there is a personal aspect to it. You chat. You get immediate responses. I think it's mostly the people who don't use, or tried and just didn't understand it, that don't see the value in it. I was one of them a few months back. Now I go to Discord before anywhere else.

I don't use FB or Twitter. It's good to have choices and I think a forum, "as well as" a Discord, would be a valuable contribution to promoting AMS2.

And that's my 2 pennies worth on the subject.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. MrTulip

MrTulip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is exactly the problem with the chat platforms. One spends all day in there, chatting. One expects immediate responses (often from the devs or someone representing them). This is poison to people who try to get something done and/or use their time to other things too.

As I mentioned earlier, I build and extensively use chats in my line of work amongst many other things. Many of separate chat systems. Unfortunately the customers expects my presence on all of them instead of using an email or ticketing systems for support requests, because it is always easier for them, but only sometimes for me. When you join many chat platforms and when you are the person who everyone wants something from, the issues of chat become even more glaring.

By definition it is a lot more time consuming to follow some logical evolving thought through a chat than a forum. You have to follow through the whole process from an opinion or a question of getting into conclusion, almost all of it happening with one-liners. On the forums you get better formulated questions and answers that convey both the question and the answer at easily viewable form and better searchable location.

In the chats you seldom find well formalized question or conclusion posts, as all the chatters have already personally invested themselves and their time to that discussion, and they simply don't need one. For anyone else to understand what some discussion was about, you have to read through all of it.

Now, forums have tendency for this too, but the shotgun spread effect is far lesser.

After saying all of this, of course I don't think that twitter, chats and forums are mutually exclusive. But since people in discord like to mostly chat (which is fine if this is what you prefer), chat you get, and it is a constant mishmash of one liners flying here and there instead of well formulated discussion.

Later addition:
    By no means I do want to say that Discord presence would be bad from the publicity or user service point of views. As long as people keep chatting between themselves nicely on their own it is good. But following and moderating particularly is a lot more work the bigger the community becomes. If Reiza chooses to go onward with increased Discord presence, they should increase the size of their PR and support department for that challenge too.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I made largely the same point a few months ago. The members here seemed to agree with what I suggested:

May we have more publicity and clarity, please?

Reiza will be well aware of the current state of AMS2's public profile. The shortcomings are probably due to the usual: lack of budget, time and staffing. Here's hoping our favourite Brazilian developer goes from strength to strength in 2022. :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You know.. it all began with AMS 1 is just rFactor 2 with Brasilian mods/content. Now Reiza picked Madness Engine, and people be like: It's just Pcars 2. Nowadays people believe internet way too much and conclude things too fast. Ofcourse I also fall victim too that, but I am not buyng normie games anymore. Heard BF2064 was a disaster, hehe. Anyway, Reiza is doing a good job, but they are little victim of their own success, but I am sure it will be alright on the run. It's about the journey. Not the destination. That we together with Reiza have passion for motorsports, racing, physics, cars, tracks, weather and many more and we together make it beautiful.

ps. If you're looking for a good complete package then there's always AMS 1, and don't forget some dudes got VR working, so it's a good alternative for VR users that want performance, but also great content.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

New car in AMS2 that's also in PC2: "You're just reselling PC2 content!"
    New car in AMS2 that's not in PC2: "You're just releasing obscure content/fake cars, where is [car from PC2]?"

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  19. Andrex

Andrex New Member

I am still waiting on RoadAmerica, it is disappointing to wait that long, also waiting on the historic Belgium 66 since I bought the SPA DLC last year.
    Why Reiza did'nt fix the left mirror at Racin USA carts?
    Reiza should not give promsis that can not be kept, stop that

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. CatAstrophe05

I'm a tad underwhelmed too, admittedly, not helped by having a little natural impatience :p but i know for a fact that I'd rather have a third of the finished content than all unfinished content when it comes to "release something now", and I mean the cars we have now pretty much immediately became my favourite cars alongside the DPI so
    Despite that though I can't help but wonder whereabouts they are in the development scheme, they've been pretty radio silent lately (hopefully just because they're getting their heads down and going at it)