1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i tend to agree with you there slightly, especially since there are like 5 free cars released, and the racin usa dlc was here after the spa dlc, and its fun that they added the little cleveland easter egg, but i personally much rather had them spend that time on road america so it could maybe be released in december.

but it is what it is, they are the choices Reiza made, and we just have to accept it, seeing the dislikes on your posts kinda shows that being somewhat critical or questioning their priorities is not appreciated by some people here.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

These are the same people that complain when publishers like Aktivision and Ubisoft release unfinished games lol

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How many bug-free games did you deliver on time in your lifetime with a limited budget and team?

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Not sure about you but honestly I'm just as happy to complain about Reiza releasing an unfinished product compared to Ubisoft, the difference is Reiza is a company I can put a lot more faith in, not to mention a modestly sized team with a lower budget not getting things out the oven on time is easier to forgive than a massive AAA company with a budget in the billions

5. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not really when its warranted. They NEVER promised anything those are targets. The mirror was discussed already. Not a mistake its a problem thats harder to fix then people assume. And we know why things have been held up. They found a couple problems right before release so either way they are screwed. Release it and people say they released rushed not finished stuff or delay it so it can be released finished. Either way people complain so its a no win for them.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm is the prospect of a massive content update at the end of this month not enough? (well except that of historic nords and spa which are persumably being worked on rn)

7. Roy Niessink

i know, but i can understand people who bought the seperate spa dlc, partly because of the historic version, they hear thats delayed, but in the meantime they see Salvador Street Circuit, '74 Porsche RSR, 2 Camaro's, 2002 BMW, 2 VW Cars released, surely you can understand the people think thats a strange thing can't you?

i have the season pass, and will see the old spa when its here, but that doesn't mean i dont understand the feeling and opinions of the ones who just bought the Spa DLC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed.

Reiza is trustable, however it is starting to annoy me the presence of many many tiny little bugs that are persisting to exist. They are stacking up too high, especially with the lack of some core features imho. I will name a few:
    1. tiny bugs:
      1. cars (ie: karts) shaking uncontrollably when in the pit garage
      2. cars (ie: GT3) shaking uncontrollably when monitoring/broadcasting
      3. setup menu widgets initial unresponsiviness
      4. mirrors render useless angles
      5. still randomly happens some desync after finishing a race (ie: my brother finished 1st under a sec ahead of me in a kart race, yet the game made him do 1 extra lap and showed me result screen as myself in 1st and 30 secs ahead of him)
      6. hard to understand what is happening in the lobby once you join in (the "blue Racing button")
      7. drivers animations are not smooth (especially easy to notice on karts)
      8. MP sessions sometimes get stuck (not host's fault) - this one I've not noticed in a while tho, hopefully fixed already
      9. sometimes (rarely), car gets stuck in the pit garage - you click "drive" but the car doesn't drive away (I checked if it was my wheel/pedal being disconnected, it wasn't)
      10. sometimes (rarely) the game freezes and locks my steering wheel, making the resource unavailable to any other game. Need to either find the process (I've no idea which) or simply log out, log in to make the resource available again
      11. random micro-freezes (not very common, but also not rare to happen)
      12. the wet/slick tyres issue on wet tracks
      13. game kicks you out of online session randomly (rarely occurring for me nowadays)
      14. apparently there is some desync at race starts (some people get the green lights earlier/later than others)
      15. for whatever reason, AMS2 online races seem (visually and latency-wise) considerably less smooth than AC/rF2/RRRE and - obviously - iRacing)
    2. missing "core" (by my own subjective definition) features:
      1. ingame lap by lap time record for everyone
      2. many hosting features (session restart, session skipping, adjusting starting grid, real time penalty/flag issuing)
      3. inability to adjust mirror angles
      4. clunky replay experience (feels like good ol' VHS/cassette tapes from the 80s/90s)
      5. this one is somewhat pretty lame to demand as "core" feature, but the livery limitation is a little bit annoying. As silly as it might sound, neat liveries do add a whole new layer of immersion and good feeling
    There are many more of these extensively reported on the relevant threads through this forum.

Slowly things are seemingly getting into place, but the work to do is still extensive and it might take quite a long while till the game is finally neatly polished.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. Roy Niessink

I did a couple GT3 races, and didn't notice the shaking, that seems better/fixed now, dont know about the GTE cars though.

10. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do but i have also been around long enough now to understand that the things that got released were probably being worked on at the same time or before. So dont release anything because of one track/ car someone wanted? That seems more strange.lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. AJ Weber

AJ Weber New Member

If you trust that A) Reiza staff is skilled and competent and B) they are staffed as much as they can afford and C) they are not lazy and are working hard, then there is not much to complain about. If they give you something out of order (fix, feature, etc), then something else needing similar skillset will have to had to wait.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This summarizes it pretty well.

You can just do so much at once and issues aren't ignored. Some things also need to be understood better and others need a treatment first or it wouldn't make sense to solve other things in follow-up. Side tracks can actually hurt workflow.

It's not always that easy to prioritze, like it seems to be.

The listed issues aren't unknown and some of them certainly mega annoying, of course that sucks. It's not ignored though and the team is aware, that there is still lots of stuff to solve and to improve!

Historic Spa isn't forgotten, btw.:whistle:

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A lot of people seem to forget this game is a Work-In-Progress. This was CLEARLY and REPEATEDLY explained over and over. To me, regardless of some truly annoying issues at the moment, this sim as the most potential of any other titles. The FFB / Custom FFB is truly the best by far, the graphics, the attitude from the devs, the work ethics, the type of cars and tracks. We have so many things to be grateful about...

As a user, we should keep reporting repeatable issues the best we can, and hope the skills, resources and planning on Reiza's side all line up to the best of their abilities. Planning and managing software development is an extremely difficult task. It is even more difficult with so many external factors beyond the product owner's ideal vision (cash flow, licensing, covid, family, missing specific skills, annoying bugs, etc..).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I can assure you from my extensive testing with AI GT1 cars, overtaking is an enormous problem. There is a huge disbalance for the GT1 AI (Merc>McLaren>Porsche) and they still just don't overtake on even the long straights of historic Hockenheim. They have the slipstream, follow until they almost drive into the back of the other AI car, brake, then pull out when they lost speed and obviously can't overtake anymore. It seems they don't seem to be initiating the overtake and just try to avoid a collision. And there have been others in the AI report thread reporting the same for other classes.

May possibly be a bug and not badly coded AI, not really sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think anyone who bought and paid for a product has the right to complain or at least show their dissatisfaction here on the forum.
    This business that can only come here and say that everything is great is one of the most negative things in this forum, as long as people are respectful, they have the right to charge even though it is work in progress, everyone here is an investor and has the right to charge in who invested, and here every time something is criticized, a group comes to deny a comment, I think it's wrong, if you don't agree, argue with whoever questioned it.
    About the game I think that AMS2 has evolved a lot in relation to its release, I think that in terms of physics, 1.2 was the best update to date, it improved everything without worsening anything, while 1.3 improved some things and worsened others, in terms of content I think that are at a good pace, but focusing on categories that I don't like so much but this is personal, on the whole they are very good content, but they do need to focus on some resources that are needed and take a category and try to finish it, I'll take as an example the light of the push to pass of the stock car, until today almost two years we still don't have the identification of the use of the resource in the cars, and you can't complain? I think with respect, anyone can show their dissatisfaction if there is one, think about it.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It should definetly be crystal clear:

There is nothing wrong with complaints at all as long as they're civilized and contain useful information. It's one of the reasons, why we have bug report threads.

It's completely understandable and fine to do so and i can just repeat, that it's not ignored, also when certain things take a huge chunk of time! It's also in the best interest of the team to have a working product of course, at the end we all want to have a good game. :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
  17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I seem to remember 1.3 was the update that was pretty universally praised. The driveline/diff fixes introduced in that update completely overhauled how a lot of cars felt to drive. With that said, the tire and aero tweaks in the last couple of updates 1.3.2 have left some cars like the F309 and F Classic Gen 2 feeling really unpredictable or unbalanced with the default setups.

The F309 has always struggled with a bit of a lift-off oversteer problem, but it's never been as bad as say the Formula Trainer until the last update. I remember doing a quali session in the F309 with myself and CIAbirddog, who is no slouch in his own driving, and all of us kept spinning it at the slightest trail brake on entry. I know the aero characteristic of wings at angle changed, but the problem occurs before there's any slip angle applied. I know I can't get away with as ridiculous of slip angles out of corners in the classic formulas, which is probably correct to how those cars felt, but a few cars just seem to lose the rear in strange ways now.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I think when Reiza is done with AMS2, they should focus on AMS2 using the Unreal Engine 5 if Madness engine is such a hassle to tingle with.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We can talk about annoying UI bugs and unpolished 3D models that never get fixed, but the issues I wish got addressed or even acknowledged by the devs are:
    1. Major issues with frame timing / stuttering that plagues many users in both single-player (when more than 20 AI are used) and multi-player (when more than 20 people are on the grid) and appears to have begun some time after v1.3.
    2. Janky device identification and calibration routines that force many Fanatec/Simucube users to use all kinds of hacks to calibrate their wheels (custom profile, plugging and unplugging unrelated devices randomly, doing all sorts of wheel rotation tricks).
    3. Brake / ABS functionality that has changed totally from what it was a few months ago, and not for the better. TC that either does little even with TC 10 or is completely superfluous and can just be turned off.
    4. Unrealistic and janky crash and contact physics, cars freezing in place and then flopping over on their lids, or the entire game freezing for a second the first time any car hits a trackside object.
    If all of these got addressed even partially in v1.4, I think it would increase the credibility of the sim a lot.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Its one thing to complain about things that are broken, I dont think anyone is against that.
    But people constantly bagging on devs for content or fixes that have already been adressed and worked on are a totally different thing.

Weve had some pretty big updates recently so its not like theyre sitting still.
    When I see someone asking about some track layout that may or may not have been promised, I wonder if theyre really actually dying for that content or just complaining about it because they paid for something that hasnt been delivered yet/still being worked on.

Imo we dont want to create a climate for developers where theyre rushing out unfinished products because of this pressure.
    I always got the impression simracers are a different type of "gamer" than the 12yo Call of Duty players, lets all act like it.

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1