1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it is also because he used a custom FFB profile. Previously, this was the cause of this error.

2. Mikael Pettersson

Mikael Pettersson New Member

Any word of the Dev-update?
    Im really looking forward to this one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jefka

Jefka New Member

Jup same here. I love AMS2 but out of all sims I have experience with (ac , acc, raceroom, ams, ams2) it is by far the most dangerous one / injury prone.

Like tarmac terrorist said that's mainly due to the randomness of the ffb spikes. In other games the ffb spikes are prefictable, when you hit a nasty curb or in crash situations. In AMS2 it can happen pretty much any time due to a bug somewhere which is harder to anticipate.

Now I understand that bugs are not something intentional and that it can happen but AMS2 has been trying to kill me from the very first day of release. Calibrating the wheel with my simucube has always been (and still is) a dangerous affair. Luckily I've thought myself to let go of the wheel while calibrating in AMS2.

Only other game where I experienced a sudden massive fb spike was Raceroom, where the wheel would jolt violently at race start. That was fixed within weeks though. Hoping Reiza will get a hold on this problem aswell cause it is indeed a dangerous situation right now.

4. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I have DD1, I don't think i ever use max torque. I been driving in what was the mode called...it wasn't PC mode...CL2.5 or something....I switch to that move and it's been great.

5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Love the Road America track with the chicane, thanks, Reiza!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For me iRacing would have to be the most dangerous in this regard. Any tyre rubbing or colisions and you will experience full force everytime. Even scalled at 0.6:1 will generally result in 20+ Nm force.. Drive the F3 out of the tight last haipin at Long Beach and you prey you don't loose a thumb.. :eek:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  7. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

ok.. so im sure this will upset some people so grab your pitch forks and assemble the angry mob...

The latest update..(before hotfix)
    So...first thing i do is read through allthe patchnotes. camera settings.. to me personally, this seems like a not needed change and makes the game feel off. the helmet cam before i thought was, not sure why these settings were really needed for other cams.
    camera settings should of remained as they were, only to change if you sleceted them to change, my normal interior camera was all janky and messed up from the new options until i turned them all off to bring the camera back to normal.
    so why do i think this wasnt an important change?
    this game has so many small, annoying bugs that should of taken priority over this new setting scheme, for example, JCW mini sounds on external cam are back to front, same with the classic mini. F-reiza has absolutely horrible whitenoise style backfire pop on gear change (external cameras/replay), literal ear rape material.
    Camera views for new and old cars still off, you see through the car to the ground etc, even the latest champ car has this, why? how did no one see it in testing? you literally cant miss it.
    too many cars still lack grip levels they should have, Superv8 being the worst. yes the car has improved fractionally over time, but it needs like another 15-20% more grip. these cars in real life actually hang on very well, even under acceleration.
    trackir, yes this may be useful for some people, but i really dont see it as necessary at this time when theres so many other parts of the game that require attention first.
    lately i feel some internal cameras sound volume is too low compared to external, this could be in my head, but in some cars the difference is monumental, makes it hard to balance audio for content creation. perhaps and audio level option for interior volume could be added?

Now, what was the biggest dissapointment for this rather long awaited, over due update... Road America... the track surface itself look good and drives well, when this update dropped the track optimization was les than average, suffering from massive FPS drops around the second half of the track. And of course the elephant in the room, the lack of detail. the reason this bothered me so much is due to the track being delyed for at least an extra month, then gets released at what i would guess was 65% completion. Yes, the track looks and thankfully performs better with the hotfix which im very happy to see roll out the next day.
    before you all get too angry, the reason for my huge amount of dissapointment is because in the past, reiza has done nothing but smash thing out of the park, even on release, so to get an update that honestly felt half done, even after all that time, was pretty disheartening.
    Something important to remember, i love what reiza studios do, i love the game, everything im saying here is because of how much i love the game. i do want the reiza staff to know i do appreciate thier efforts, im on awe of thier talents to produce such world class material. i do however worry things have gotten away from them a bit too much lately and thats leading to things being worked that dont seem like they should be a priority.
    For example, the new 980's F1 cars.. while they look and sound great, they could of waited.. polish on Road america, Old spa work, work on DLC cars etc should of come first over this stuff i my opinion for what ever thats worth.
    F-usa Gen1. these should of been worked on over the 80's F1 as they are paid content.

The TSi cars, these noggle my mind a bit.. i find it hard to enjoy them, the GTS versions dont really make a lot of sense to me either, they are 20hp more, but weigh like 70kg more, making them barely at all better than the original ones. barely anyone touches these cars and its because they just arent fun.. also the sound of them seems off, especially in replay.

Track Replays, 90% of track replay cameras are far too close to the car, you miss out on any good racing action. can we either have them changed, or is than a way we can create our own? the tracks are so pretty in this game, yet in replays for most tracks you only really see the car close up

There is positives of course in the update, the f3 finally feels half decent to drive, the rear is still a bit too sketch i think. The driveline changes and additions are good and needed so thats great.
    The championship changes, brilliant ,especially the ai consistancy per weekend.
    I will say the ai seem to turn in on me more than they used to, i'll do further testing on this tonight on stream.
    Clutch damage is good, autoclutch fixes are good, updating default setups is good, yet to test a lot of the cars with them but ones i have so far have been better.
    The crash sounds, one of my favourite parts of the update! something so small, gives the game a lot more depth, what i would like to see is, better car reactions to crashes, even if its single player, the cars react like bad netcode and jump all over the shop instead of looking like they have actual weight in them.
    Some more multiplayer focus would be nice, IE: work on netcode, kick button.
    input options needs alternative up and down shift. this would make life hugely improved in the game as you can just change control scheme once on track.

Overall, before the hotfix the update seemed pretty lack luster to myself, also a lot of people in my community. the hotfix changes to Road America are a huge turn around and definetly help the update, before the hotfix i didnt even want to drive the new track which sucked pretty hard, because previously when reiza has dropped a patch, im all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake!

So, let me know your thoughts good or bad, just realise before you hit enter on that angry message in return that i write all of this will the very best of meaning at heart and because i know the quality reiza can put out.

So again thank you to the Reiza team for your hard work and efforts, it doesnt go unseen, even though with my comments or ranting on stream it may seem that way.

PS. if you disagree with anything, write a reply and tag me so i know ;)

Johnny
    twitch.tv/bcrcgaming

• Agree x 12
    • Disagree x 11
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Yeah there's definetely still polish and hot-fixing and what not to do but honestly I'm just glad to have most of what I paid for now save for the 95 cars, I'm alright with getting something that needs a little bit more work as long as it works "okay enough" for a little while and gets me my money's worth
    Of course, there's still work to do to get Reiza's level of polish but I still have enough faith to reckon that come a few updates RA and the Gen 3s will be polished up and maybe the Gen 1s will finally be out

9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love to be, but I am too wicked for them. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Now now Johnny

Lets just remember that there was unnecessary pressures to get the update out by the stroke of midnight otherwise everyone was going to remain a pumpkin or something, you would think it was life or death for twitch streamers to get there content to show.

the fact that the hotfix was so quick shows that it was almost there, but to hell with it , give them what they want before they burn the studio down..

im sure you of all people can understand things dont always go to plan, just like when your stream descends into a lets fix this broken **** for an hour ...;)

we can only speculate but many of the things in this update may have been things that were started months ago and they were just simply ready. regardless of if you think they are a priority or not. Things like the camera stuff for example ( which ive not noticed any change when not changing anything by the way ) may not interest you, but for every person that doesn't like it, there's equally as many that will thinks it a life saver.

Personally for me there's not a whole lot that gets me too excited in this update either, but im very happy to get a new track even if only 90% ready, it doesn't stop anyone racing on it and enjoying it. and I'm very happy for all those punter's that a thrilled with different aspect's of the update, Im sure the next one will have more stuff down my alley of interest. but im not worried about when it arrives , because I know they will be going as hard as they can and juggling various constraints that they surly wish they didn't have, but corporate wheels can spin slowly and there's not much plebes like you and me can do about it.
    Nit picking and banging on pots never draws positive attention, in fact its quite off putting to prospective new users, which is the opposite of yours and everyone else's intention to grow the player base.
    Redirect Notice

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

the Virtus and Polos are there just because of a partnership with Acelerados, which I guess got some VW sponsorship.

Why would anyone race them is beyond my understanding. But again, you guys race Minis and Lancers, go figure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

The missing barrier collision around the whole (should that be hole?), of Road America is very bemusing. I've only ever seen something like that inside a development studio. :confused:

13. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

New head gforce system is a mess for undestand and setup, we need a short auto ia track for live test
    Like infinite bump section of track for adjust de setting live o something similar. The system is over complicated. I dont say is not working, but is not easy to understand, and the legacy inversion is mind messing.

How people can test many car, many track, many setting few hour after the update? I still testing the last version of Kart, i still not know all the track! I have 6/8 hrs for week to mess around with this..

The content of last update is good for all 2022

14. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like Road America barriers are hopefully fixed - small patch live now

15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The circuit has been released at an accelerated rate so as not to shake up the grumbling community too much, The problem is known and work is being done to solve it,
    in the meantime, try to stay between the lines

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Beccobunsen

I've seen things..

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

lol!
    Oh wait, you probably aren't joking, are you? o_O

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Beccobunsen

In this era is better to realease a content when is all done and polished.

The amount of stuff released until now is incomparable with another sim.
    In other sim you are paying for track, and for car.
    The quality is always better. The time between fix shorter, and still people is not happy.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a little weird. Some previous updates were running later than promised and reason given was that it should rather be released late but complete. This made sense to me. Now it's opposite and it makes less sense.

Anyway, I'm still happy with the updates and especially with their overall quality... eventually :D

20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Dude, I don't know what you're talking about, I feel the weight of car shifted when I crash. It really depends on how you play with the FFB numbers. Also, depends whether you have motion rig or not.