1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Well...
    :confused::p

In a more serious note, I think the McLaren is completely underrated. My ranking would be:
    1) Aston Martin (livery clearly first, but that high nose ... eh)
    [​IMG]
    2) McLaren (very very close second)
    [​IMG]
    3) Ferrari (I think the red's just a slight bit too dark)
    [​IMG]
    4) Red Bull (didn't look great on the showcar, but this...)
    [​IMG]

5) Mercedes (nice to see them in silver again)
    [​IMG]
    6) Alpha Tauri (not spectacular, but the most balanced livery these guys have come up with)
    [​IMG]
    7) Haas (on track version is better than the renders, but I don't love the colours)
    [​IMG]
    8) Williams (somewhat elegant, but the blue seems to look pretty same-y on track)
    [​IMG]
    10) Alpine-BWT colour blindness
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually they are files / folders in the beta build - if you expand it out.
    I am presuming they deleted all of the non existent ones and these are left.

3. Gdude66

aston.jpg aston.jpg nissan.jpg
    These may be artefacts but in the beta files.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

5. Gdude66

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Williams, Ferrari e Mercedes are the top for me. A shame the Williams doesn't have the roundish feature all the way up to the cockpit, would look even cooler, kinda like the 90's cars.

McLaren looks cool, the livery is great but looks game-ish.

Red Bull is the same **** as have ever been regarding livery. Unlike the Ferrari, I actually am getting tired of this Red Bull same livery all over again.

Alpine livery looks weird, but I'm glad for the pink so it doesn't look too much like the Williams. The car aero looks great, though. Very interesting sidepods and rear end design.

Alpha Tauri looks boring, but by far the worst is the Haas. This livery looks something I would do in a 5 min Photoshop session between slicing a beef and chewing it out. Very lazy.

Edit: ah, on this F1 subject. Lately I've been racing the Formula RSS 2022 in AC and I've got to say we really need ERS deployment control for the F-Ultimate. Being able to control over when to deploy and when to regen is strategically key in a long race.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

why don't you create an extra thread for that off topic F1 2022 livery contest.
    I think it doesn't belong here

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, at least this has more of a connection to racing then a whole cheesy discussion, and since there isn't a lot of news coming from reiza we can talk about, this is what you get....

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yea, I was about to say that, but contained myself. That cheese talk was outright lame, pointless and many more things imho, but I did not intervene.

Anyway... although I believe it is fairly hard to get the new F1 car models, it would be lovely to have those in the game and (hopefully) bring more players to the open wheel scene, as nowadays MP in AMS2 has become AMS2 Competizione.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Roy Niessink

yeah, true, i really like to switch around a bit in my lobbies, also in our league we do a different car/track combo every week, changing between gt3, gt1 and different openwheelers/ stockcar/montana.

this game has so much more to offer then just gt3

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All the new F1 cars just make me think of modern IndyCar. Especially the new nose designs and the massive main elements on some of the rear wings. I didn't like the look of them at first, but the actual cars look so much better than the old FIA concepts.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are a strange hybrid of formula e and indycar

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I see this all the time along with "MP is dead" and can only conclude that certain time zones are less populated than others. I regularly host F1 lobbies along with loads of other cars and weather conditions and they often fill.

Perhaps it's a sign that you should get a couple of racer buddies and host your own F1 server, then others who feel the same can join. On your own it is pretty hard to fill a server unless you go with 'gt/spa bait'.

Each new update seems to bring in new folks so hopefully you'll see a surge in F1 soon, perhaps when the Brazilian F1 dlc drops.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Roy Niessink

Yeah thats totally true, i usually have a couple of my stream viewers who join me, and then people bring people and it fills up quite good, i always hate people saying that multiplayer is dead, because especially on european evenings its not dead at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Marg

Marg Active Member

Awful liveries - way too dark! Even Ferrari red is too dark. Where are yellow cars these days??? No something is very wrong, reason do not follow F1 at all. Better some pink than all these...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

I took some snippets from the past 2 dev updates to show why people, myself included, are getting antsy towards the end of every month. I post this with absolute love for AMS2, its the only sim I play, but maybe Reiza should consider not making promises or setting timelines they can't keep?

December 2021 Development Update
    Also pending on the DLC front are additional historical versions of Spa and Nürburgring from the early 1970s which, both part of their respective DLCs which will be delivered within the first quarter of 2022

Furthermore, a roadmap outlining plans for remaining items of the Season Pass & Premium Expansion Packs in 2022 will be presented in our January Dev Update.

We are also in process of putting together some updated documentation on the latest Force Feedback system and the new Multiplayer Rating System - these and other valuable info and instructions are being assembled for a digital user manual similar to the one from AMS1, also expected for the early weeks of 2022.

November Development Update Part 2
    AMS2 V1.3 introduces new FFB profile (Default+) in parallel to the old "Default" profile which remains available for users who may prefer it. Information on these FFB updates along with an updated tutorial to best set it up will be posted on a dedicated thread soon.

The cars will make up what we will call the "Formula USA" class in the game, in three generations - Gen1 will feature models from the 1995 Indycar season (the last before the series infamously split)

We are happy to confirm we´re in the final stages of licensing arrangements with Nissan, which should see several models from the brand coming to Automobilista 2 if not already on v1.3, very soon after.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Sarcasm ON
    i really like people, who first pronoun to absolutelly love you and then immediatelly nitpicking kickass 10 times and more.
    They allways start with flickering flowers and hearts arround their promise and then proceed with the one and only ",BUT"

Sarcasm OFF

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

I also love AMS2 but I am a bit disappointed in communication from Reiza. Only takes 5 minutes maybe once every 2 weeks to keep people posted on what’s happening behind the scenes with approx time scales. Would be nice to know more about the Aston and Nissans that were teased late last year but I’m not holding my breath. Still waiting on promised dev update unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps it’s because every single thing they mention when the post out loud is micro analysed and taken as official promises.

I mean they can’t even just do a beta steam update as some inner workings in the background without it being a poured over and then speculated on.
    I don’t know about you , but i’d hate to be monitored in my job so closely . in fact in some cases it’s even borderline stalking.;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

when will we get the january devs update?:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1