1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe we will get surprised with a hotfix/update this weekend with a nissan added, and on top of that a dev update, we might need whole weekend to read the dev update, since the proofreading Renato mentioned seems to take a couple days as well...lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought mirrors weren't adjustable, but since it is possible in VR do we get this feature in not-VR ?
    Together with an adjustable left right look option (speed and angle) that makes the mirrors much more functional

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Reiza for your commitment to constant development and full of surprises even in listening to each of us. Even if I'm off topic, I wanted to thank the team and all of us sim racing with the creation of a dashboard for all of us called "AUTOMOBILISTA 2 Dash" downloadable for the Dash Pannel App" on Steam and iOS, Android OS.

Dashpanel Mods and AUTOMOBILISTA 2 Dash mod for Dashpanel

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think its a case of really not knowing what to promise. The situation in a few particular areas of the world is changing on a daily basis. There is a good risk that some parts of Ukraine and Russia will be cut off from the internet. Also, the mentality of the people living in these areas can change on whatever semi random thing just happened. I don't want to go into a long rabbit hole of speculation, but I submitted a Business plan presentation today with next financial years numbers. I already today know that these numbers will vary greatly from what they actually will be. I also know that it doesn't make sense for me to update those numbers today because again in one or two weeks the outlook will have changed. I can't believe what its like to estimate the workload of people in a war zone or in an area that maybe in a week does not have internet access. And ofcourse, whatever you publish today, a certain individual on this forum will write five snide remarks per day on how you have fallen short of those targets.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Or we can stop making excuses for Reiza?

For example, you did turn in those projections right? You didn’t promise them and then not deliver them days or a week past the deadline (arguably more since the last dev update was in 2021).

The dev situation shouldn’t affect this type of release. It is unlikely anyone is expecting Reiza to give firm dates at this point so they can just say here is what we are working on without attaching any dates (and referencing the struggles).

So unless the holdup is related to them not securing the contractual right to share the updates or something similar, it’s just late. Which seems to be happening more and more often.

I personally think they should stick to quarterly updates since the game is very advanced at this point (realistically the could stop now and they’d be ahead of many sims on the market), but when a pattern is set and timelines are voiced, sometimes it’s fair to blame the devs.

That doesn’t mean we need to pull the pitchforks out, just stop making excuses and acknowledge the miss.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep. I did turn my numbers in 5 minutes before deadline. Not late. Its true.

7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After being on this forum for long enough it's fair for me to state that every month there are people with their virtual pitchforks and deep analysis of every word entered here before, especially around features, content and their respective delivery timescales and hassling Renato about them literally every month.

I somehow admire Reiza that they still keep the forums open for anyone else than backers as it is no longer a space to help with development angle or a joyful place to share experiences but place of constant whinge and misery focused on undelivered promises. It's not a happy place anymore, especially around the update/devblog time.

And I'm sure if it was possible to get the update out Reiza wouldn't hesitate. So if there's a delay - there's a reason for it, even if it isn't communicated upfront. Having 2 staff members affected directly by war MUST have some negative impact on the product. Especially in such small team.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People like you is why Reiza should stop making monthly developer's log. Plain and simple.
    I enjoy them a lot, but they become pretty much a reason to keep ranting every second post as to why this bit or that bit is a week late.
    Better doing as Kunos does: tell nothing for months and then one week before release drop a trailer. End of the story

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honest question, not ill intended: Why are the dev updates so relevant to many, though? Are you guys waiting those to take important decisions?

I really don't care much about dev updates (sorry Renato), they don't affect my decision making. They are more of a curiosity than anything else for myself.

All I want now are adjustable mirrors and people filling up the scheduled race system out there. And limited tyre sets.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

But that’s my point, the “I’m sure” language is past the point of acceptance (for me). The PRODUCT is certainly affected, but it seems a stretch to say Renato’s written update can’t be completed (barring certain conditions like I laid out). Enough deadlines have been missed that the benefit of the doubt should be removed.

But I’m also saying let’s calm down. Missing the deadline isn’t a capital crime. You are right, some people on here are ridiculous in their demands.

This is why I suggested moving away from such a rigorous update schedule. It almost creates more negativity than positivity at this point for a game that is in very good condition

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

It would be helpful if you read my post before running your mouth with that “people like you” garbage. I suggested a very similar thing. In two posts now.

At this point, it’s the rush to defense of certain folks that is more annoying than any delayed development release.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just casted more light around this forum life and behaviour.

While I prefer contactable developer who listens to the feedback and implements suggestions in their dev backlog I don't think this community in its current shape and form deserves it. Too many folk here that are demanding attention because they bought the product. Even with the pass it's not a 1to1 support package to claim such demands. There, I said it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Some people just like complaining, either because they are just wired that way or because they have a chip on their shoulders because they don't get the love they think they deserve as 'social media influencers™'.

Renato did say the dev update would be released earlier this week. The complaining won't stop until it's delivered. Then it still won't stop, but the complaining will shift focus on to the content.

You'd think these people might just go and do something that actually enjoy rather than torment themselves fretting over the state of AMS2, but some seem to believe that complaining constantly is helping. People are weird.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza is somehow a good friend to me. It doesn't matter if he's late, the main thing is that he comes at all.:)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

My trick was just to stop caring as much personally, there are dozens of other sims and thousands of other games to play in the meantime while Reiza works on whatever they're working on

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. Me, personally, am enjoying the hell out of Horizon: Forbidden West, Elden Ring and Gran Turismo 7. A couple of months from now, when I'm back into PC sim racing, I'll get a hole lot of goodies to toy around with in AMS2. And while I understand not everyone has the means to get a PS5, I don't think people around here lack the money to go play some other games, be it other sims or other Steam games in general, or even maybe just go outside and live a little (I swear people were put off here while devs were getting married or getting some deserved rest after a wild year of hard work). Just go do something else if this is no longer pleasing for you. Or don't. Make your entire existence about AMS2 and the fact that a particular track layout is delayed by x amount of days or some obscure bug/feature is not addressed citing your personal name as a thanks in the credits screen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

thats exactly my point for a while now, they are running a business, when you mention dates/timeframes you need to live up to them, and ofcourse there can be issues/circumstances that affect that, when that gets communicated on time, i think hardly anyone will have a issue with that.
    for example: when i make a appointment with someone at a certain date/time they expect me to make it, unless i let them know otherwise, if i dont, i will get to hear it.

the thing is once you are a slight bit critical here, a lot of people jump on the fence, as you noticed yourself.

and i know there are other sims, and ams2 has a lot of content as well, thats not the point in all this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Everyone makes their own Expectations, if your expectations have not come true a few times and you have had so many signals that there is a certain regularity in it, be smart enough to adjust your own expectations

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. macbtz

macbtz Member

Exactly, while I wait I enjoy the new and great UI of rF2, driving a ferrari, lamborghini, Aston martin at Le Mans or tomorrow I will be able to compete in the DTM 2021 with a Ferrari 488 GT3 at Raceromm. There are plenty of good alternatives while we wait for Reiza to take the time to fix issues and add what was promised.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Or just get a ****ing life people jesus titty ****ing christ.

• Funny x 8
    • Dislike x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1