1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Damn

One day people complain that there isn't enough content and more dev updates are needed. Now people complain that that there is too much content and bugs should be fixed first. Both sets of players fail to realise that both of these demands are not mutually exclusive.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

If that's the case, then I wish Reiza is being acquired by a big company so they have more resources to work with and things get done a lot faster. At the rate they're going, AMS3 won't be coming out any time soon. This is why Slightly Mad Studio is now part of EA and hopefully Pcars 4 coming soon.

• Disagree Disagree x 27
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Income isn't just from DLC though, but also from new sales. So there can be a commercial benefit from a game that's perceived to be be stable - in the form of a sales increase.

I don't think people in the last few posts are complaining or claiming bugs and content are mutually exclusive. Rather, suggesting that a period of focus on bugs over content could be for the greater good.

But I'm 100% sure that Reiza are acutely aware of their financial situation, and will make decisions accordingly. As the community, we're just providing them with some feedback to assist.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I couldn't disagree more with this. They would more than likely lose control of their roadmap and we would end up with a much lesser product.

• Agree Agree x 14
  5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Yeah tell this to rF2 team....:p

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

After Project Cars 3 and knowing EA's reputation of...being EA, I don't mean to be negative but I wouldn't neccesarily put SMS as a beacon of hope personally

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

I cant walk passed this one.

Show me a big company that can react quickly, or even listens to its user base? Two things that I think Reiza are very good at.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  8. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Updates are just bonuses for me now. Reiza has really dialed in the sim over the last few updates. Without taking any of the fun slidey action I've gotten used to the cars I'm trying now are predictable. Predictable doesn't mean easy but after a while you really learn how to use those almost over the edge moments to good use.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 just entered the last third of its dev cycle as it's officially communicated. If the AMS1 dev cycle is anything to go by, there may even be some time spent after that to iron out the last bugs, so why are you already concerend about the release of a possible AMS3 being 'late'?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

If only that was how things worked !
    AMS2 is a labour of love , if a big developer had anything to do with it we would of been playing the final version of this SIM a year ago . Don't even get me started on SMS , never delivered a finished product in there entire history .

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For me personally i much rather have them finish whats in this season pass, and ironing out the bugs first.
    After that they could offer a new season pass for 1 or 2 years with more content, this engine could go for a couple more years for sure, no need to create a whole new game again.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

What do you think @REIZA won t you drop a current and timely race car model? Not really the Audi GT3 EVO II or BMW M2 CS but a 2021 spec car would be a perfect marketing tool.

Historic machines are also welcome - at least for us older simmer

13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

there is more or less no marketing.
    How can one of this cars help?
    Especially when other sims already have it, e.g. ACC in a few days.
    All you'll get will be "mine is better" wars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Most of the big physics fixes and feature releases have come along with major DLC dropping. Doesn't seem to be mutually exclusive. And there have been periods with no new content dropping and still no increase in the rate at which long-term bugs get fixed. Let alone bugs that aren't bugs at all (the steering wheels on some cars remain even when you turn them off because otherwise you would lose the information from the on-wheel dash, it's just a design decision).

I also doubt adding a couple of new GT3 cars (let alone a couple of completely outdated GT3 cars) will do anything to add to the player base.

15. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Nobody is complaining about too much content and bugs needing to get fixed first.

Is reading really so hard nowadays?

16. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No offence but if PCARS3 is the product of the bigger company absorbing the smaller studio then no thanks. PCARS3 was awful and a complete sellout. Sim becomes arcade.
    The integrity of the product comes first. Keep developing Reiza

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Tim Driscoll

Tim Driscoll New Member

Good points and easy to forget. Great title so far... so, when these improvements are made it will only be better. Cheers everybody.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Too many cooks spoil the broth…:D;)

19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imagine a board of 20 wealthy old men whose sole purpose is to find ways to increase profits discussing the direction the Automobilista title should follow.

These men don't care about simulation, AMS is merely another title in their portfolio:
    - What does sell? - Says the CEO
    - Shooting titles sell well, and kids love to pay for skins too - replies the Marketing director.
    - Well then, let's add skinnable guns to Automodelista then - decrees the CEO.
    Two months later you are racing Fuscas with mounted pink machine guns on the rear of the car.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sooooo.. Reiza Car-battlemobilista? The hardcore simulation of Twisted Metal, Vigilant 8, etc? :D

• Funny Funny x 4