1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

Lerxst Motorsports when?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:confused: Legit, had people straight line the double chicane there every lap in a race yesterday. No clue how it didn't give them track limits penalties.

IMHO, 91' Monza is more fun to hotlap, but worse for overtaking given how much faster you can go through the chicanes.

3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Track limit penalties at standard settings is 5 violations till you get a (drive through) penalty. You can use that in a MP/SP race to gain two or three positions. It is done because it works so well in the game. You don't have to fear neither the minor rule violation as long as you do it only a few times, and primarily, the game does not feature front difuser and uder cariage damage from such violent curb contacts.

4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

So you don't visit this forum for a few days and, just like that, find out that current Formula 1 cars are going to make it to the game.

This is insane; I just hope they are good right from the start, as opposed to the dreadful Formula Ultimate. If they are, I'm going to stop complaining about any issues this game has, because I'm going to be busy driving.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anybody cares to elaborate on why the F-Ultimate is awful?

They are lacking tons of features and they do seem overpowered, but why so much hate?

6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Just because something is shown in a AMS2 screenshot does not mean it's going to be released any time soon.

My Avatar is a hint!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

The lack of info and expectation is going to make people disinterest in following the game or this forum. Reiza obviously is frustrated not able to meet their words. So, it's understandable that they don't want to keep us updated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I think it was the setup: they seem a bit better with the latest update but pre-1.3.4 the cars were just flat-out strange to drive, lacking rear stability and feeling like they had no weight to them and just sort of flung around the track

9. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

well i’m not sure about that .
    ive been disinterested in this forum for along time, but that’s got nothing to do with Reiza or the available information .
    I’ve never been more interested in what’s coming but at the same time have so much current stuff to experience that it’s not really that important when and what comes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there was a serious issue with power deployment in gears from 4th down in my experience. I believe part of it was the way the hybrid and turbo were deploying power combined.
    Hopefully that gets in a better shape with some further upgrades of both.

11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Would be good if they could update the version of openVR they use so we can start using some of the new features being added by various dll injections.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably penalties were off? Or set to high number?

Yes and no. First chicane is faster true but also safer for an overtake attempt as it's easier to have two cars going through it, Variante della Roggia is wider so it will give you more opportunity to attempt an overtake, Lesmo 2 is faster so it will help launching for Rettifilo del Serraglio for an overtake and Ascari is far more difficult cause you can't cut it as in modern versions...It's just a different flavor to what we are used to do at Monza nowadays

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dicra

Brakes lock up too easily, car is strangely unstable at the rear, car overheats his tires far too slowly and goes too quick in a race setting, car is generally quicker than it should be, car is quite unpredictable, especially when it comes to the snappy rear, car overdoes turbo lag and does not have realistic wheelspin.

I don't care whether this "next" update is this or next month. And everything they post on Twitter a few days before an update is somewhat likely to make it in the game, maybe not when they say it will, but in the update after that.

Reiza are reliable in their own way like that.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Right with you on this. I usually visit this forum when I'm deciding what car/track combo to learn next. I know AMS2 is far from perfect but it keeps getting better over time. There's still a bunch of cars I've yet to drive because it seems I keep learning more with the ones I already have. Can't think of another sim that keeps challenging you to drive faster in so many ways.

• Like Like x 4
  15. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I don't mind either but it is interesting that Renato didn't specify a time frame.
    If something is imminent there tends to be wording like 'expected next week' or 'coming soon'

So, we could go a month or more with no update - which again, I'm totally cool with because I bought this sim and it's DLCs acknowledging that they are incomplete - and knowing that sh!t happens when you're developing software. Besides I'm having fun with AMS2 anyway.

BUT, if there is no update 'coming soon' then sadly Reiza will need to baton down the hatches, equip their tiki torch armour suits and activate their pitch fork deflector shields - because with historic Spa and Nürburgring being later than Q1 2022, there will be more salt in this forum than the Don Juan Pond.

Or, it might all come next week in which case the pitch fork bearers will find something else to be outraged about.

Brace yourselves everyone!

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

absolutely right. The date of expiry is less than 12 month. F1 machines are less sustainable. Mio of bucks for 7 month racing also in human rights abuse countries - what s that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yes but if it's delayed the crying starts again. TBF, Reiza have missed a lot of their own deadlines in the recent past for one reason or another and while I don't blame them and they've always delivered in the end, I can see how that would look unreliable.

It probably is the better way to keep announcements vague, I#ve advocated for that in the past. If you don't promise content for next week, people can't complain when it arrives the week after that. IMO the Kunos way is the best. Tell people what you are working on, but only announce a release date when everything is ready to ship out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do you know these things? Are you Lance Stroll?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's more of a Haas than a Racing Point with the questionable handling at the minute :whistle:

20. Dicra

I don't _know_ these things. However, when comparing what my car does with what the cars of real F1 drivers do in onboard, these are the things that stick out to me.

• Funny Funny x 1