1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

This is what's perplexing me a little about this discussion.

If Formula cars aren't your thing, there's a bunch of touring cars. If you don't like touring cars there are GT cars, street cars and karts. If you don't like those there are Caterhams and even frigging trucks! Or even little pretend toy cars with motorcycle engines in them.

Is there another sim in the history of sims that has more variety out of the box than AMS2?

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Only the original AMS ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

And there will only be more. We've got years of fun ahead of us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DinoM

DinoM Member

I don’t know which way Reiza is going, but I see it avoiding popularity. They say there is not enough money for a license.
    But in the meantime, content is coming in that isn’t popular enough to make a lot of money. I am not thinking here of the few hundred people who stand firmly for Reiza. It would take a lot more people to buy content that keeps coming. But for that, it should have started with content that would attract crowds. Reiza is leading her reverse career. They should have been made popular first, and once they got a name for themselves, they could do what they wanted because people would buy it anyway. I would quickly note here that AMS1 did not bring enough popularity because they were used less than AMS2. PC2 was developed for much less time, but came up with content that still plays with it more today than all Reiza developments combined. So I really can’t agree with those who say there’s no more content while there’s still a lot to improve. Without content, there will be no money to improve the game. Yes, you need new content, but you should have focused on more popular content.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-3-31_7-54-18.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

220px-Yamaha_engine_in_Aussie_Racing_Car.jpeg

'The little toy' such a blast in RL( check the RL vids) and in sim Little gem for online ,sp. fast nimble, raw. Suitable for all tracks in ams2 and esp exploring the south american tracks. Recommended.
    Ran these with high ai levels keeped me busy and laughing for hrs.
    Have fun Its almost the weekend.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Wich car is it Maser?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maser V6

Hi D, Its the ARC Camaro top of the listings in selection. old school driving, feels nice, great fun.
    pick favorite tracks set ai aggr at 100 and skill to your pref and enjoy!!:D
    I reported no brake lights a while ago, but may be fixed now. worth checking
    . EDIT normal inoperative

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This discussion is never going anywhere. A dozen people who want no more content and just endless tweaking of their pet issues, another dozen people who want some mythical missing content that will somehow bring thousands of players in. Better to just talk about cheese.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do we het the las Vegas track?

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was in jest. I love the Aussie Racers and have been watching them since their inception.

They're far from toys too. I actually can't believe this one wasn't fatal:

For the record, the driver was injured but made a full recovery.
    Oh and it was his brother who pitted him.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza will recreate the modern and Historic layouts, to fully simulate the lamest races in F1 past and present

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Talking about lame races, if we get Indianapolis in the Racin' USA Pack 3, can we limit the max grid size for the F-V10 Gen2 to 6 cars? Just to keep it realistic.
    2005 United States Grand Prix - Wikipedia

• Funny Funny x 7
  14. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

The random overheating bug might take care of that ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Yes, in offline races you can set number of opponents to custom and then 5 opponents. The real question is will we get an option to select specific AI opponents to recreate the proper grid?

16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I still think that Reiza should do their magic and release a bike pack for AMS2 lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Maser V6

:)I know!:), some humor in these parts is reqed esp end of month. Shoot that was some crash! in yr vid
    We did to get the V8's here uk on cable in the 80's first time I saw the Bath track, was so impressed.
    note AMS2 car still has no brake lights EDIT confirmed normal!
    Somewhere there's a comparison thread, cant find it and search is not up to scratch. so.

greg vr would do it better. Who the hell drives in bumper view, was weird but different to try, could not see the ai up my Chuff

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  19. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

ohg, this will be a gentle request: tomorrow 1. April (no fool joke) but is there a Dev-sign in sight? Don t smack me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My perception of how things went with licenses is slightly different: I believe originally Reiza was aiming at licenses with more affordable costs since they were coming from a smaller audience and logically as small business owner they did not want to make a longer step than they could afford. Reiza has said several times that AMS2 is selling quite more than AMS1 which probably they used as a basis for their business plan. So later in the development, on socials and here on forums Le Mans and Ferrari were not anymore taboos.
    So in other words I believe over time their targets of licenses seem to have changed for the good.
    Also, here on forums and on socials, Reiza has clarified that some of those high value targets will be chased once the sim is mature enough (the conversation on socials was about Le Mans).
    To me that seems to say: we will get a license for Le Mans (which is expensive) when the sim is ready for longer MP races which today is not the case.
    So I think people who understandably are hoping for some of those expensive licenses need to understand the global scenario of the sim, considering as well that some of the licenses already collected or very close to are still to be exploited (see the teased AMG GT4, Aston Martin etc.).
    I think we just need to trust the process of growth of Reiza as a sim developer together with the sim. One cannot outrun the other, so it may not be lightning fast as we all would dream but from what Reiza has teased and commented I believe there is room to be excited for the content that now seems at achievable range and spread some positivity in our communities to inform other members that maybe gave up earlier about the improvements.
    Reiza at the same time will hopefully keep coming with more improvements and finally the big master plan that today we struggle to see will make sense

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2