1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

It only open in a default position at the start of a NEW race but once the ICM had been accessed, it will remember where you left off which defeat the purpose for macro (of course there is a way to resolve this, but I rather have the old ICM back if this isn't resolving the out of the order strategy created). For those that don't use macro, I doubt this will help much because when you're driving, you don't have time to move left, right up down to get where you want....lol. Macro and control binding is the only way to resolve this issue. If they let us assign a button to the strategy we created, that'll solve the problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. After1yfe

After1yfe New Member

Just managed to do a few laps on road America which I have been loving since it come out last time,

Love seeing it populated, looks more like I'm at race day.

I cant say ive watched a race their before (im downunder) but looks like there is room for more in the pits and crews there.

Good work Reiza only been playing this year but its my goto atm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can make your own macros. It's not very complicated once key the sequence is nailed down. I think CC website has an explanation (video IIRC) if you run into trouble;)

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Helas, not possible at the moment. Something must be changed in the new ICM to make macro's work again

5. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a simple solution to that. Go back to default position as a part of your macro logic so it always ends in the same place and picks up from the same place too.

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

that simple solution could work for strategy selection (at least "next strategy" / "previous strategy") but the menu could easily get out of sync with CC. The macro would attempt to put the menu back to the top of page 1 or whatever, but if some later manual interaction puts the menu somewhere else that macro would make unpredictable changes. Other items in the ICM have an unpredictable sequence of presses to reach because the cursor skips disabled items. TBH, I strongly advise against using macros with the current menu implementation due to the risk of them doing unexpected things and making unwanted changes

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gotcha, I knew I must have been missing something given so many smart brains here.

I prefer the new UI and behaviour when using it but I get it may pose more issues when macros are combined with manual interactions.

Sounds like a function to reset position and prevent skipping disabled items would be useful then. So if a macro could trigger the reset we'd have best of both worlds.

8. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

So damned impressed with this update. The sim has never felt better.

I habitually drive in bonnet-cam, and I've never before noticed the dynamic weight shifts of the other cars like this before. Now I see BMWs leaning into corner exits, realistically dipping under breaking, shifting their weight and nodding over bumps. You just don't see this as convincingly portrayed in the other big sims. It's pretty damned amazing, and tells me a huge amount about the advances that are being made with the sim's physics.

I took time out from AMS2 for a couple of months, by spending time on Raceroom (I highly recommend trying that excellent sim), rFactor2 (a beloved old friend) and ACC (meh). Now, coming back to AMS2, it's almost shocking at how much more engaging, intuitive and tactile it is.

My only comments would be:

a) for those of us who drive wheel and pad, I'd say it's time to take a look at the Porsche GT3 and E steering degree settings for pad users. Anything under 16 degrees seems to have no effect on either cars steering sensitivity, leaving them feeling over-twitchy. Both cars feel great with a wheel, however.

b) C'mon, let's get those GTE, GT3 and GT4 classes fleshed out next!

Other than that...Love it. What a dev team.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

It's crazy how much I agree with you, but then you always have people coming in saying that the cars feel "weird" and "not realistic" when compared to other sims. I truly believe we all experience a different AMS2 lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

For ACC - have you tried Real Head Motion?

I didn't dislike ACC before, but with RHM I can sense the pitch and roll of the car soo much more - and now it's even better :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it correct, that F USA Gen1 Lola T95 Merc liveries 14 and 33 show a Ford sticker an livery 31 shows a Honda sticker?

12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The answers "yes" and "no" equally apply here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

That'll work...but not for items that endlessly scroll to the right or left. Not to mention user strategies created being out of order as well.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

I think "work" and "work reliability enough to be depended upon during a race" are quite different here. The suggested workaround of trying to put the menu back to a known state before closing it is (imo) a non starter because it's so easy to get out of sync with all this wrapping that the cursor does

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, that's not a bad idea. Fiddling with menus in changing conditions can be distracting. Putting a "cycle strategy" hotkey would make it where the menu wouldn't even be needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

with VR and my motion system i move my head myself ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ICM adjustments are very welcomed. Very nice improvement.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Well said. I don't own any of the other sims you mention and it's interesting hearing your perspective, I have tried raceroom years ago but it didn't "click", neither did PCars or PC2.

Tried AMS2 just after launch and got hooked, over a few months, I saw the effort put in by Reiza, Monthly content updates, weekly BIG updates and routine additions/fixes within 24/48 hours was the pattern those days.

What we got as time went by just confirmed my suspicions about AMS 2 being more than enough for my racing needs, the 1300+ hours I've played makes the cost about 3 pence per hour and falling.
    It convinced me to upgrade from my perfectly adequate T300 to a CSL DD and V3 pedal set.
    Haven't regretted buying AMS2 from day 1. Nor paying for the Season pass before any of it launched.
    Despite the delays, extensions, trials and tribulations AMS 2 has been my goto racer let alone sim racer cause it just gets better every time things finally DO arrive.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we move the position of the ICM? Unfotunately it sits right behind the smartphone I use as dashboard.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There are some difficulties to it, because it's not a "HUD element" like all the other widgets by definition, if i understand correctly. There is a discussion about it already and thoughts how to maybe solve that, but we can't promise anything at this point.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1