1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is awesome to hear Crimson.

2. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is still the beta release remember.

3. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

It would be helpful if the release notes had a section on bug fixes as at the moment you have to load up the sim and found out for yourself. This bug was a pretty major issue as any lobbies with mechanical damage on were pointless joining as it is was like playing Russian Roulette if the engine exploded. And this also happened on TT.

A thread with the outstanding bugs with their priority and status would help enormously as atm when a bug is reported there is very little feedback. Also if the list was public it would give people an insight into the scale of the work involved and then when the bugs were resolved this would be updated and show the progress encouraging reporting of bugs as there is tangible feedback.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 9
  4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Forgot to reply to this. If this is about the engine overheating randomly then yes I don't believe there was a single case of that in closed beta for almost a month since a fix was added. It was somewhat mysterious so it needed some time in field testing to be sure.

Note that if you do run into overheating, take note of the car, your radiator setting and ambient temperature. It is now likely to mix bug with actual overheating due to suboptimal radiator opening - or revving or even idling a high end race car standstill for too long. Having said that default radiator setting is so generous that you'd have to race at tire melting temperatures to overheat just by driving hard. Donuts for minutes is a different case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Random heat build up and blowing of the engine should be addressed after tidying up the whole system.

No MP-Test after this process contained of any further issue in that department and we ran quite a few since then. I was affected by this personally, also more than once when it was existing and it never happened again after tackling it so consider this to be no issue anymore! :)

EDIT: Ninja'd

• Like Like x 2
  6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, having the option to set button to increase/decrease fuel usage would be good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It will be there for the public release.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Beta has problems with pitstop presets - only allow to view/choose a few while driving (but they show up ok in setup menu).
    Back to previous version.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, by the time I get to Lesmo 1, ERS is fully depleted!

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Honestly is so well made it doesn't even seem a beta car. The only things that make me say it's still a beta are the reflection on the halo, but other than that it's great.

I wish we had the new Albert Park, F1 got me hyped :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Beta version
    2022 Stockcar
    Track: interlogos

When doing a pitstop and the ai takes over in the stall, I'm experiencing graphical flickers on screen causing several tears across the screen

12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Been having a blast the F-Ultimate. Few points of feedback:
    • Both cars feel great. The Gen1 now feels much more natural to drive.
    • The differences in the classes seems to mimic reality. E.g. Gen1 is much more planted out of slow corners than Gen2, which is what we have seen at Bahrein in real life.
    • The AI for both classes are definitely running around in ERS 'build' mode.
    • Slipstream seems overpowered, especially in the Gen2 compared to real life.
    • The AI mistakes are cool - I've seen a couple now that are much more realistic than the F1 game. -
    • The Gen1 cars need the Pirelli marking on the tyres. Would look perfect then!
    • The AI take an interesting approach to T1 at Suzuka. -

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Anyone got tips for making the Gen2 drive better? The car has very sensitive brakes especially on the rear which makes trail-braking (or really braking in general honestly) difficult without spinning out on default setup. So far I simply tweaked the setup to 31 front wing, 34 rear wing and changed the brake bias to 57-43 and that's helped but I'd appreciate some advice off of more setup-experienced people

14. CrimsonEminence

Reduce rear slow damper rebound and otherwise brake earlier. They aren't like the Gen1 Ultimates, that you can thrash into corners extremely late. They're still quick, but not as planted anymore. Also heat your brakes for a while and then start pushing harder first.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Just wondering if trail braking is a technique that's used with current F1 cars ?
    Maybe it's not the way to go .

16. CrimsonEminence

It's used, but it's also not easy at every track of course. But you can also harvest a tad more energy for ERS by extending your braking.

17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Shouldn't there be a seperate lobby list for people using the release candidate and people using the normal game, because i think now you can get a mixed lobby with people running cars that are affected by the latest update and cars that are not, which could give unfair advantages to the one or the other.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm so over the moon with these Gen 2 cars, they feel really good, tricky at times, but playing with the cars for hours and then switching to Melbourne Free practise yesterday really gave off the same vibe of cornering, the micro adjustments, the slow corners being a bit more ''floaty'' in a sense.

The drag pull feels so natural now, so much like Max dragging to Leclerc in bahrain or the jeddah straight overtakes. Really fun with the ERS deployment systems to play tactics around the whole thing.

In a perfect world I would love to see this generic model have a little bit higher nose as none of the real cars have a nose this low and quite a lot of air in the front. But i get that this is still within official FIA Regulations, And it might look too much like the real thing. But its one of those striking things irl that I would love to have a ''generic'' model for

I love the deg on the soft tyre and FFB giving good feedback when you lock up btw but I still think the Softs can go a bit on to long in a good pace to get fun tyre strategy tactics in.

At this moment in time with this pre release candidate I encountered:
    - Tyre choice not sticking, always reverting to automatic by weather
    - DRS State not visible in multiplayer (Pretty important and to my knowledge Gen 1 had it in full build?)
    - Medium tyre have white Pirelli branding
    - Build wise it seems that when someone joins the lobby not having the pre release built the whole loading screen freezes or after the end of a session you cant click continue as the host. Would be nice to have an error in place when the build mismatches, or if you want the mainstream players with the full build to have a fully streamlined experience have seperate online browsers

The feeling actually clicked this much with me, that im all out streaming this class with open online lobbies and really have a blast with such an authentic feel to it, Keep it up reiza!

And lets hope one day, Multiplayer will get full priority, Collisions and netcode can get very extra wonky in this one and the more features the better! (But im loving the freedom of just create a server and go, which is quite rare in all the simracing games and it fits my livestream style)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cant allow this for the f-ultimate gen2. Remember that ‘party modes’ are banned in f1

20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Apparently, the faster and more agile the car, the worse performs the prediction algorithm. I decided to call this issue 'the dirty air of sim racing': we can't follow closely the guy ahead because of this wonky behaviour, so we need to keep somewhat of a safe distance.

• Like Like x 1