1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

During the first two races this year Martin Brundle mentioned that according to his info the new cars can't be trail braked and drivers are forced to have more a v-shaped line in an attempt to brake in a straight line to avoid the very easy locking we see some times. So I would not expect Gen 2 to be a car that can be heavily trail braked.
    It makes sense with the fact that the car is far stiffer than it used to be and loses a lot more efficiency at slow speeds

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

All I'm saying is that the option should be there for the cars that have it.
    I do know party modes have been banned in F1 since last year, but the F-Ultimate gen2 is not an official F1 car, that's probably why it has the option to change engine modes in AMS2.

3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe ERS modes are still allowed, just not all of the ICE modes they used to use. Essentially they'd run the ICE as hot as possible in quali and then back it down in the race for reliability. ERS harvesting and deployment is separate from this, and there's still strategy around it. Everything you need to know about F1's party mode ban - The Race

Hamilton's "spicy engine" in Brazil last year was just them running the engine harder for fewer races, basically a whole race of "party mode." Think of it like how the insane 1300hp turbo cars were in the 80's. The quali pace of an engine that would last 1 lap isn't completely representative of the same engine tuned to last 2 hrs in the race.

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone got a good theory on why this only happens on wet compounds?

5. FS7

Again, I already know all of that.
    All I'm saying is that for cars that allow switching between lean/normal/rich fuel mix (F-Reiza,F-V10, F-Ultimate G1, GT3, Stock Car, etc) it would be nice to have the option to set up button to increase/decrease fuel mixture, opening up ICM and fiddling with it mid-race isn't always the most practical thing to do.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True, forgot about the fuel mixture.

7. FS7

Here's a couple of videos of me testing ERS quali mode with the Formula Ultimate Gen 1.
    At Monza GP I can do around 1.5 laps with rich fuel mix and ERS on Quali before running out of ERS:

At Nurburgring GP I can do around 4 laps with rich fuel mix and ERS on Quali before running out of ERS:

At Silverstone GP I can do around 1.5 laps with rich fuel mix and ERS on Quali before running out of ERS:

For anyone wondering I used the F-U Gen 1 and not the F-U Gen 2 for this test here's why:

In my experience F-U Gen 2 can be too sensitive and spin out way too easily on high speed turns. In the video above I'm using default setup but the same happened in other occasions with maximum wings and lower steering lock. Maybe I'm simply not good enough to drive this car, I'd be interested in hearing from other people if they've had issues with the F-U Gen2 spinning out in high speed turns.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You have DRS open, it's fairly sensitive in that config so steer as little as possible.

9. FS7

I'm moving the analog stick around 1mm and looking at the video I see the in-game wheel moving very little, not sure what else I could have done.
    In the video with the F-U Gen1 I'm doing the exact same thing (default setup, DRS open, rich fuel mix, ERS on quali, moving the analog stick around the same amount) and the car feels more stable on high speed turns than the F-U Gen2.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah okay so you are on controller. I guess best bet is to reduce steering lock in setup and increasing rear wing for that track.

You can also add more speed sensitive steering value in the controls. The car unfortunately doesn't fit an analogue stick steering very well, when DRS is open.

11. FS7

I tested the F-U G2 both with default setup and with maximum wings and steering lock reduced to 14 degrees, generally the same result, car easily spins out at turn 12 in Nurburgring GP.
    Meanwhile F-U G1 with default setup can make it through that turn just fine with DRS open. Same goes for other open-wheelers like F-Reiza, F-V10s, F-USA.

Watching the video over a few more times I admit that in the second spinout at 4:32 I made a small correction mid-corner that probably caused the spin, but in the first spin at 1:25 I have no idea why I spun out, looking at the in-game wheel I can see it barely moves. I'm curious if that's a characteristic of this car or if there's anything I can do in the setup to have more grip in high speed turns. This type of spin out at high speeds reminds me of what the F-U Gen 1 was like when I first played the game (June 2021).

Talking about controller I really hope Reiza will someday include the option to completely disable all the built-in controller filters that cannot be turned off and have raw input and super precise responsive controls like in AMS1. The built-in filters that cannot be turned off cause some input delay and can make catching slides nearly impossible in some situations.

12. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I just set a 1:25.5 in default setup with the F-Ult. G1 on Silverstone on my second lap out, that would put me P4 on the boards as they stand... I think the car may be a tiny bit quicker now. :D

What times have you guys been setting? I imagine the pole might easily end up being sub 1:20.

The Ultimates both feel so nice, they sound great and it is nice to have the drs beep/light now, awesome stuff!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Anybody else thinks that both the F-Ultimate Gen 1 and Gen 2 are just too fast? I'm consistently running over 330kph on the default setup, which is strange considering the wings are very high even on default. Gen 1 has an insane amount of downforce (more so than the 2019 cars seemed to have at least) and Gen 2 is definitely very understeery, at least on default. Looking forward to learning more about these, but those are my first impressions so far!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you running the rich fuel map?

I turned mine back to normal and things feel a bit better against the AI.

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Can the DRS beep beep be made quieter? It hurts my ears and will cause a headache if this car is driven a lot. A slider for the user would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Jedi for now try adjusting your menu volume as I believe it uses that channel. At least it was this way in development unless something has changed..

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

It must have changed as i already have the menu volume at 0 because of the clicks i get when mousing over menu elements.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Coanda

I'd say it did because users were reporting (including myself) that it could not be heard at 100% menu volume. I will re-test later today..

19. 2ndLastJedi

At 100? I didnt try 100 because i have it at 0 and it is still very loud.

20. Coanda

This was a week ago that 100% was too soft and now you are finding 0% too loud which leads me to believe it has had a bump..