1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's be fair here...there are GOAT professional drivers that complain towards Bono, that their tires are gone -> fastest lap incoming... (i actually think, that was not mindgames by Mercedes but Hamilton just noticing a development in car balance due to tire state)

A shift in balance due to dire degradation and temp imbalance can even confuse the best drivers to be mislead into believing to have grip loss...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think why @FS7 mentions this, is that it seems to be something of the latest update, i had the same yesterday with the f-V10Gen2 at Watkins, and with the GT1 at kyalami historic, both the frontleft getting red hot, which it didn't do before the update, same story with the Group A dtm cars at donington short, lowering the tyrepressures does help slightly, which can mean 3 things if u ask me, 1 the default setups are a bit off for the current tyre conditions/tyremodel or 2. The hud is bugged, or 3. The tyres are bugged.

As i mentioned already, it wasnt near as bad as this in the past, seems te me that saying people they need to adjust their drivingstyle is a easy way of not having to call it a bug, there are quite a bit of people reporting these same issues, i had people in my lobby yesterday saying it, and if you look on the steam forums there are several topics about this as well.

I think that in some occasions the hud might be displaying it wrong, but in a lot of other cases it's not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

1. Most of your mentioned cars had no changes at all,
    2. I repeat myself here but again:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Have you tried rolling back to the previous game build for comparison ?
    I believe that's now an option with steam now .

• Like Like x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing has changed with those tyres, you just didn't notice it before because the tyre temp indicator on the HUD was bugged and showed green no matter how hot the tyres were. Now it informs you that you're getting close to the limit when they turn yellow.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are some factors at play here:

1.) there is no fuel consumption in time trial mode
    2.) there is no tyre wear in time trial mode
    3.) you can run 0% radiator in time trial mode for extra speed
    4.) The track grip in time trial mode is always optimal, whilst irl it is inconsistent
    5.) in time trial mode you dont have to warm up the tyres on an outlap, which some f1 teams are struggling with due to the new 18inch pirelli tyre design
    6.) Real f1 teams don’t have @steelreserv default setups ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

7.) Real drivers don't get endless laps to try and perfect every little corner beacuse running a real car costs money and drivers get tired.
    8.) The fear factor is a real life thing that doesn't play into time trials in a game

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

In every other Sim including AMS2 most times are matching real times. I think the cars are new and have a little OP-Grip and speed in some corners and the cuttings in some corners are not getting punished like irl or let´s say ACC (at least at some tracks) so i think it´s more a refinement problem. So pls add per class irl offtrack punishment. No way you can do 1:11:00 also under perfect conditions. I have to study the ghost and write back later. cheers

OK I try to check to leading ghosts at Imola, but you can´t add them. Hmmmm (?)
    If anyone can add and study them pls write back what the 1:11:xxx ish guys are doing.

HERE HAMs RL lap with 2021 specs:

I also saw that the time meassuring point is earlier in this lap so that means the 1:11:xxx are even faster (ca.1.5-2 secs) and that is not close to reality (F1 2022 should be slower a bit. that means 6-7 secs faster at imola is not possible in an accurate simulated f1 22 car, no michael, no that´s so not right.

If i should guess, currently our F1 2022 cars don´t have to respect lateral mid corner forces as irl, that means they are to stiff or forgiving or they have magic tires.

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

You can save yourself the trouble because the tyres and the grip will be overworked in the next update anyway.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

ah that´s cool! AMS2 = Service Monster

But what do you say about the time measuring point (finish line, there are 2 lines and AMS2 uses the 2nd imo ;))? Makes it even more unrealistic imo. thnx

11. Dady Cairo

I am not so much in formula 1 but keep in mind it's all work in progress.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Just to be clear, I'm not bashing the game, or complaining about the overall handling of the cars and tyres, or saying it's bug. All I'm saying is that after the recent updates I get the impression that in some tracks tyres seem to overheat more quickly which in turn causes some loss of grip (eg: Silverstone left tyres, Interlagos right tyres).
    If nobody else is experiencing something similar and that's just my impression then fine, I'll deal with it by either adjusting car setup or driving style or driving something else.

Agreed.

13. CrimsonEminence

Silverstone Left tires "overheat" is perfectly normal too.

The tire HUD is a tad too sensititve for some compounds now, but overall you are reporting completely normal stuff, so no worries.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

The timing line is a bit different in AMS2 indeed. The lap distance stays the same as all DRS distances do though.

The 1:11 times are very likely also possible, because Imola has very lenient track limits in TT. It was already quite exploitable in AMS1 actually and producing miracle-times with some cars.

The F-Ultimate Gen2 is pretty quick, yes cars in TT are generally quicker than real life, but you are jumping to quick conclusions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One would guess after 2 years of development the tire widget might be fully developed and reliable. For me using tripple 1440p screens this widget seems like its resolution is 30 dpi. The same as starting lights.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Psst reiza backers. Does the next update happen to have tyre carcass revisions on a certain series whose name rhymes with FART?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

There is no meaning to compare simulation with reality based on laptimes. What really matter is the car dynamics and track references/surface. I think that the G2 aced what I was expecting about the 2022 F1's cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Is there something up with them? They feel great to me personally (aside from the softs on the Gen 2/3 having degredation that would make Pirelli blush), I dunno though, more polish is always good I suppose :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

I absolutely love them right now (the first dlc was the first time I ever heard of CART and have never looked back since) but this new carcass has elevated the game for me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dady Cairo

sorry to say,po!
    You have one guess for free...:)

• Funny Funny x 2