1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

The impact of tire heat on overall grip is very different for the player vs. AI right now--so one of them is off. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well the modders have beaten Reiza to it

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I applaud modders, but I would rather wait till Reiza's 'done' with AMS 2, and then approve all the modders to do whatever with AMS 2: Cars, tracks, liveries, etc etc etc. Also out of respect for the devs and vice versa <3

• Agree Agree x 10
  4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Something I've always wondered too is, is there something about Madness that seemingly makes it tougher to mod than say, gMotor or AC's engine? (Assuming that's the reason that Madness games get hardly any mods compared to AC1 or the rF series/GTR2/etc)

5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i wonder if modders can also add new models to the same class. For example, adding the current Ferrari F1-75 to the Formula Ultimate Gen 2 roster, with the very same physics to keep it balanced

6. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

The "street" 992 was already available on projectcarsmodding, but I'm looking forward to this! This gem sits quite high on my wishlist, nestled among the likes of a Tatuus F4 and other wet dreams like Sebring. ("Already present in other sims?!" I know, but my eyes can only take so much of rF2, R3E's VR situation gives me a bad case of the 'roids, and AC's content manager keeps needing input of some sort and also forgets keybindings and such, all the time!)

• Like Like x 1
  7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I've heard that mod tracks are not possible, something related to LiveTrack3.0 but I'm not sure about the details.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same as it was not possible to create night and day in AC. Except SOL.

If livetrack could be disabled, then it could work, right?

• Like Like x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of AC, SOL, and CSP...

AMS2 could use some more flexible camera controls. As convenient as the basic camera options are currently, there's no room for users to make interesting content of their own outstide of photomode. While photomode can have some great results, it's absolutely nowhere as close to the more realistic options of the CSP camera.

Screenshot_oneweek_porsche_912_r_ss_cabanette_free_version_1.1_4-3-122-23-33-32.jpg
    At least some sort of freecam/drone cam option in the race replay would be nice. The current options of onboard and trackside cams are pretty limiting.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Plus there's a strange bug I've noticed for a while where in practice mode (not sure about races) sometimes if you turn replay mode on without ending a session it suddenly launches you into the End Of Session screen despite the session having not ended

11. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's been 5 years and nobody's released any PC2 track mods yet. As far as mods in sims go, unless assets from AC are compatible with AC2, AC will stay on top.

12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a free cam. You need to go in the chase view, enter photo mode, and then you can move the camera around with the keyboard. It's how you get screenshots like this:
    ss200939.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

With more tubers trying to promote from seeing how good it has become and as a main advert for the sim It would help a lot.

In Replay mode Worse still they dont stick to the selected cam at most (all )tracks and go into random. Drone cam is good but speed control of zooming as its too fast, would help + focus is out on the zooming in/out. selecting the drone cam you want seems random and could be better, ie selecting the drone that is from distance and tracks car from distant side view (helecam) is a good view but switching to find it is a pain and random.
    @azaris yes the screenshot photo mode is good inc now with filters #801 which has some nice effects.
    Its just the replay cams for me that need a look, optimisation(getting them working correct at all tracks) and then could be improved further after optimisation

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats not what I mean. What I meant
    is thats the engine developers choice to leave these options out.

15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I meant a free cam that works in video mode. I know there's a free cam for photo mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. David Vickery

David Vickery Member AMS2 Club Member

Completely understand the WIP status. I had a feeling that the colours were changing at different temps in the latest release? I could be wrong, but I don't think they went yellow at 80C in earlier versions.
    This could be giving the impression that tyres are heating up more, when it's just a change to HUD

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Check out the procedure to put mods in the game, like for instance the 992 mentioned above. You will have your answer :)

18. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If Reiza wants to release the 992 cup, I will of course delete my mod! I absolutely don't want to interfere with the devs work. For now I'm having fun and I share my work for free with those who are interested

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

`Honda Brands.jpg Not exactly a free cam, but in the replay screen if you choose the trackside camera, the +/- keys on the keypad will scroll through a range of cameras not available in the standard replay. Some are revolving cameras that move around the car. It's how you get screens like this.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

These Fly-by shots cameras are amazing!