1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Personally, I hope that Reiza staff do not spend a second of their precious time either sorting out existing street cars (okay, quickly fix any glaring issues) or adding new ones to AMS2. For heaven’s sake, don’t waste your resources buying licenses for any more street cars. Please just focus on the racing.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

For street cars i do use Assetto Corsa. No need for AMS2 to have them too... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Theres a whole supercars dlc supposed to be coming out for ams2

4. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'm normally not that into modern cars, but the Evo Convertible is rather easy on the eyes.

Ultima Sports

5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Karts are still suffering from massive engine overheating, and there is no setup or handling that can fix it.

It is really ruining karting races :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

An Ultima Spyder would be a worthy addition, imo. A track-day or full race version would be great.

7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair enough guys and I can see you're point about the race cars but im afraid im gunna have to respectfully disagree.

See theres alot of cars that are top notch (in terms of developement) in the sim, I'd love for them all to be top notch (and I know thats what Reiza are working towards bit by bit, car class by car class etc), and the street cars are already in sim so of course they should eventually reach the same standards of realisim as all the rest (if they are last to be developed then so be it, but in the end, who would'nt want all cars to be top notch).

Also this is a simulator and one day I hope to drive a real race car before I die but, it may never happen and the closest im gunna get is a street car, and even that won't be a monster street car like we have in the sim, probably some little hatch back.

Anyway point is Its useful for me to try out driving the street car on street tires, i mean just out of pure interest its interesting to see the difference race tires make by driving a car with streets, also the race setup and so forth.

But it is fun sometimes to race street cars aswell, just because of the challenge they present, and also seeing as they dont have special made racing clutches, tires, engines, drive trains and the rest, I think it would be very interesting to see just how many laps one of them would last at say my local track here in Norfolk (Snetterton) before the engine starts to die, tires wear out or clutch gives up.

Seeing as Reiza seem very good on simulating all of these things, and also very good at fine tuning the rate at which this happens specific to different vehciles, I'd love to see how long the Ultima Street car lasts compared to the Race version, and of course the assumably massive difference in lap times.

I agree with you that racing and race cars is number one priority, but I'd love all this to in the future. I'd even like drift versions of the cars with drift steering angles and drift kits, as I love to drift from time to time aswell. I guess I can only dream!

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unpopular opinion: given the unfortunate P2P nature of AMS2 MP, I'm not sure if this is feasible, but I would like to see something like dropping people with poor connection (along the lines of iRacing - notify the person the reason why he's being dropped). At the minute we are all hostages to one guy having bad connection in a lobby of 20 people. I understand there are many many things to solve in MP though.

Mate, sorry if I sound rude, not my intention, but it would be much nicer if you would use some paragraphs in your posts.

Regarding the street cars, I've zero interest in them but I can see where you are coming from. However, I'd put dirt racing/rallying ahead of street cars in this supposed list of priorities.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For clarification, the Ultima Race was updated because it rides on updated racing slicks. The street Ultima was not.

However, it is a short term goal of ours to re-visit every tire in game, including street radials. Once that occurs, those cars will be updated as well.

Priorities aside, every car in the game deserves attention and its our goal to develop what we offer here until its the best representation that it possibly can be. That includes street cars.

• Winner x 11
    • Like x 9
    • Informative x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Not at all mate I totally agree, also I usually do, but i've been in a real hurry today as plans have changed about three times throughout the day and im now not sure about the difference between my arse and my elbow. Anyway, i've just gone and edited it to make it easier on the eye!

Oh and er,,, yeah im with you on the dirt racing cars and tracks, I'd love to see what Reiza can do with those! My only worry is it won't be good for offline as the A.I. just don't do sideways driving (if AMS1 is anything to go by) they seem to be set up for whats requiered of track driving on tarmac, but don't have the ability to really use sliding for dirt.... Mind you, I bet Reiza will surprise us!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Thought that might be the case! The new tires are lovely on all the cars i've driven so far, and of course it will be wonderful when all cars are updated, I know its being done as quickly as possible, but yeah, its alot of cars to get through!
    Love that quote!!!!!:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. Talking of tires and stuff. I get the feeling the Madness is no where near its limits (i could be wrong, but its a feeling), and so far Reiza have taken it further than its ever gone before. Do you know if it has the potential to give us punctures in the future?
    Also can it do undercarrage damage and stuff like that? You know, hit a sausage kerb at high enough speed in and F3 to get airbourne and damage the suspension either on impact or landing?

• Like Like x 2
  13. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Camaro is pretty fun for drifting! Not AC levels of easy to control while sideways, but not too bad.

As for the McLaren, the version we have is the much more draggy LM. It had more aero than the normal 240mph one and can't quite hit that top speed.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. steelreserv

Thank you. And yeah, its a lot of cars, but we've turned a rather significant page here and its a big opportunity. We recognize that. FYI, ive always had a love/want-to-love-more relationship with the M1 Procar, so hopefully the next time you feature it on a video it will be sorted as well. Its exciting to know it has the potential to be better.

I'm sure we'll explore these and other possibilities, but I can't offer any guarantees or timetables. These types of things, you'll have to wait to hear from Renato.

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Around 5 laps before the brakes go out based on numerous episodes of Best Motoring taking street cars to Tsukuba Circuit.

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Thanks mate that is all very promising news, very promising indeed!

Btw, I very much agree about the Procar, I actually featured it in my last video which went up just yesterday, and I know it was'nt on the list of updated cars but, I gotta say, about halfway through the video I was remarking on just how good it felt! Maybe thats purely down to the new way FFB is working i this build, but I swaer it feels different to last time I drove it!

17. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

....... drop the 1.3.6.0 Version plz

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tarmac Terrorist

Mate love drifting the Camaro! Skip to 14:20 in this video for a drift lap, trackside cam footage at end. Hockenhiem Short is a great drift circuit for it 'n' all!

• Like Like x 1
  19. steelreserv

Yep, thats why I mentioned it.

BTW, you had a pretty bad exit and the car behind had a really good run. You were concentrating on what you were saying, but if you had defended the inside earlier, he (hopefully) wouldn't have shot for the gap.

It was a combination of him going for the gap and you heading for he apex at the same time.

No foul play IMO.

20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Likewise to you, as we can see from your vid that it was correct , and when Posted as an observation in bug thread January a year later its higher.
    Indeed !! ultima road is a beast and reqs much care
    Well said, most folk realise this, a few do not it would seem or at least forget for a while.