1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm a bit confused here. Is this an update to the main branch or a RC update? Are we supposed to manually select out of RC and back into the main branch? I got a 60.6MB update a few minutes ago, game ran fine afterwards but in the Steam client it shows "Automobilista 2 release candidate" and in-game it shows as V1.3.6.0.1995.AVX.

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

In this case, I don't think inaccuracy is a bad thing. Dirty air and aerodynamic turbulencies have ruined racing in F1 for several decades - if they could've gotten rid of these, they would have in heartbeat, and it was especially excessive in the last years.

There is, imo, a balance to be found there, because total realism (especially in the case of the F-Ultimate Gen1, but probably also the FV10 Gen2) is just going to take a large portion of fun out of competing in these cars.

Of course you don't want to pretend like there's no dirty air and just simulate slipstreaming, because that would give the guy behind an advantage, but still, I think it's quite hard to follow other cars in this sim as it is, and I'm not fond of the idea to have to rely on mistakes of the guy ahead because overtaking becomes impossible.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AI for GT1 is calibrated okay-ish, but there will be differences for the cars performance at altitudes, which is of course normal due to atmospheric pressure model but there are also some outliers that are subject of investigation, already with some findings on that but no short term promises!

AI struggles with overtaking is a general behavioural issue and not directly related to GT1. This is under investigation aswell.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

Please test the changes first before we get anxiety about any changes. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. CrimsonEminence

RC should is also on the most current 1.3.6.1, but also has the wrong version indication. This will be sorted, apologies for the confusion.

To always be on the absolutely safe side, opt into the non-RC branch when the major update release is announced. You will probably get a 1.0 MB update in this current case.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a list of cars that have finished setups and tires?

Right now for anyone coming into the game new, it's a crap shoot. Sorting through hundreds of pages of forum posts isn't productive and produces mixed results. A list of "finished" cars would be very helpful.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dicra

I assumed the release notes were correct in saying that driving behind another car is more difficult than before, which I found the wrong direction to go in, as I already thought it was on the verge of being too difficult in order for racing to happen before.

I'll test it, maybe it's just an incremental change. But what I wanted to express is not a concern about the change as it has been implemented, but about the general direction, the concept behind the change.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, absolutely, even for regular players it can get hard to remember which have the new setups/tires

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. CrimsonEminence

You can find the revised cars in this forums news and announcement section in the opening posts changelogs under the Physics point for 1.3.6.1 and 1.3.5.1 updated to 1.3.5.2 when the first new tire carcasses were introduced.

Currently there are:
    Stock 2019-2022 / GTE / GT3 / GT4 / GT1 / DPi / P1 / F-Ultimate Gen1 / Gen2 / SuperV8 / Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercup / Porsche Cups / Sigma P1 / Ultima Race / Copa Montana

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Havner

Havner Member

Yet the onboard roll bars adjustments show a message when they are unavailable. So not sure what you're aiming at here.

Also it would be great to finally clarify what ABS and TC: Low and High options do, how they differ and how they relate to onboard settings. And how they differ for cars that don't have TC/ABS at all (when using assists).

Or just get rid of them completely and make ABS/TC: ON/OFF.

This is a very welcome change. Please also make it possible to make it changeable when on track. This would be grand :)

Thanks for the update!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Dicra

Excellent idea.

To be honest, the revised cars basically feel like "premium cars" at the moment, the true final (?) form of what this game can achieve and deserve as much exposure as possible to those who don't traverse these forums as regularly.

13. CrimsonEminence

Authenticity is still important and there is a reason for the more affected cars to have DRS for example. You still have the tools at hand to provide racing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Which cars you referring to, by finding it hard to follow other cars? Only openwheelers? I had several very close battles for like 30min or more in GT3 and Stockcar 2022 without problems. (non release candidate version)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dicra

Well I get the reasoning behind that stance, even though I don't share it.

Is there any chance that you maybe some time in the future would consider to introduce a "dirty air on/off/scaling" option? After all, such a thing already exists with damage and tire wear, why not also this aspect of the physics?

Modern Formula Cars, especially V10 Gen2 (which doesn't have DRS and which I raced pretty regularly).

16. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting. I see that the Sigma P1 is referenced in the changelog, but not under tire carcass changes. I wasn't aware that it in fact had received such changes.

17. CrimsonEminence

Sigma P1 is a P2, that utilizes tires of the P1 class.

I've also added Ultima Race and Copa Montana to the list btw. @dryheat94

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

(Meant for @Roy Niessink )

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

Version number fix is up now!