1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 is now live - this is a complementary update to latest release with some further fixes & improvements.

V1.3.6.2 CHANGELOG

PHYSICS
    • Ginetta G55 (both models): Adjusted front splitter height sensitivity & reduced rear wing efficiency (both models)
    • McLaren 720S GT3: further adjustments to default setup to reduce low speed cornering instability, particularly when tires are overheating; increased 6th gear length; adjusted default traction control & engine braking (setup reset required)
    • Porsche Cup (both models): Revised tire model to more closely simulate Michelin N2 Hard slicks; Slightly raised rear roll center by adjusting rear upper suspension arm angle; minor adjustments to stiffness distribution and low speed damping; minor differential adjustment (setup reset required)
    • Ultima GTR Race: Minor FFB adjustments

AI
    • Improved AI paths for Oulton Park (all layouts)
    • Cadillac DPi: Adjusted AI suspension rate multipliers causing poor AI performance on updated physics

AUDIO
    • Porsche 911 Cup (both models): Fixed engine pitch discrepancy between external / chase cam view sound and cockpit audio

TRACKS
    • Oulton Park: Minor optimization to garage building interior; Minor track cut limit adjustments
    • Rebuilt bollard physics export to fix excessive damage to player car at Oulton & Cadwell Park

VEHICLES
    • Metalmoro MRX P3 / P4: New & updated liveries
    • Stock Car Pro 2022: Updated Bruno Baptista Toyota Corolla livery
    • Added dirt maps to F-V10 Gen2, F-V12, Ginetta G40 (both models), Sigma P1 & Opala (all models)
    • Revised functionality of analogue gauges in F-Vintage, F-Retro Gen1 & Lotus 23
    • F-Retro V8, V12, Lotus 72, McLaren M23: Updated gauges texture F-Retro V8, V12, Lotus 72, McLaren M23: Corrected oil and water gauges
    • Brabham BT26: Fixed gauges issue F-Vintage G1/2 M1/2: Fixed gauges issue Lotus 23: Fixed oil and water gauge issue
    • Ultima GTR Street: fixed graphical height offset causing car body to sit high over the wheels

• Like Like x 37
    • Winner Winner x 17
  2. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza: Great thank you. Sorry if I spoiled it abit

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lindo, thanks!

4. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

15 laps at Interlagos in the Porsche cup. REIZA managed to make the car drive even better! And the AI is spot on for this class and gt4. Really fun times to be had!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-5-14_9-58-16.png
    upload_2022-5-14_10-7-41.png
    When? :p

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

UPDATE: So after driving all of the updated cars, I felt this same feeling in the Ultima Race car in addition to the 911R. Sure enough, the 1.3.6.2 update mentioned updated FFB for the Ultima and it feels great now.

I totally forgot about per-car FFB adjustments! For a quick test, I bumped it to 110% and the 911R's too light (to me at least) steering went away. Not sure if anyone else notices this (Default+ on a CSL DD) but just wanted to point it out. Maybe this information will improve somebody else's enjoyment of this car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Same affair here with the 911. FFB gain set @ 65 with most cars 100 per car gain.
    So far it's just that particular Porsche that needs an extra 10-15% at least, to get some real feel with it.
    I'm on the same wheelbase.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

So, different flavours appeal to different people for different reasons. Hence why an official FFB Guide, although promised and useful, will not be some holy grail of how to set settings. I will link my "unofficial" guide here, again: Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

The devs have been "cleaning-up" and "tuning" the base Default and Default+ FFB almost continuously (sort of like the physics updates). It is true that with all settings (except Gain) at 0, the Default+ FFB is acceptable, especially if you are used to billiard table-smooth tracks and less dynamic road vehicles from a sim like AC.

Race cars don't drive or feel the same as road cars--they are much harsher with more dynamic and direct feedback through the wheel (and every other part of the car, too). There is no requirement to make them comfortable for an all-day road trip...but there is a desire to have the car communicate every nuance of the road surface and grip level as well as what the car/chassis itself is doing.

When I zero the settings, I feel like I am driving a Lotus road car on an artificially-smoothed track in AC. When I use some modest amounts of LFB, Damping and FX, the experience transforms and my wheel becomes much livelier and more communicative. So, I prefer that type of feedback, but anyone who wants something more sedate, especially if it helps you drive better or works better on your hardware, should feel free to use (some or all) zeroed settings.

But remember the power of these personal preferences when a FFB guide eventually sees the light of day because there will not be a possibility to incorporate them into any guide. Wheel manufacturer recommendations are also not definitive.

Ask yourself whether the 5 minutes required to adjust the settings on the fly (as outlined in my post linked above) is too great a sacrifice. Or, would you rather wait around, sometimes grumbling, for a mythical guide while continuing to use less than optimal FFB in the meantime?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Until the mythical guide arrives, could that information be stickied (unless the devs disagree with the wording)? I think it would help a lot of people.

I'm normally a set-it-and-forget-it type of guy...but when you upgrade hardware it's good to re-tune your settings.

10. Havner

Havner Member

I can assume you have Fanatec CSW wheel (per your signature).
    With my SC2 Pro I don't need LFB nor FX. I can feel those little things anyway. For me it seems that those sliders are actually multiplying those effects, not adding them. And this is actually recommended for weak wheels. But a good DD wheel can still convey them nicely at lower forces. Damping I also set to 0, but only in game. I can have 20-40 damping in the driver and I prefer this.
    Long story short all 0 but gain is neither uncommon, nor really detrimental as you said earlier. Depends on the wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Let’s GO!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Its just a tough class to balance. They are endurance racers after all, so outright speed may favor the quick ones in MP, but the others have fuel efficiency or other soft strengths that just don’t translate to sprint races. Go through several pit stop cycles, for fuel and tires though and they are probably more competitive.
    Single car races are always MP friendly though.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I agree on my CSWv2 base, LFB is not required and creates a notch around centre and feels bad , FX can go up to 50 on my base just fine but even 0 isn't flat smooth like a billiard table. I use 69 gain (plus per car to 85 in some cars), 0 LFB, 25 FX, 0 dampening.

14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my opinion different cars in one class should be more balanced, especially for multiplayer, i shouldn't have to do a study on which car is the fastest in a class to be competitive, and when i do find out which one it is, and after that also need to consider the track altitude, its nice that those things get simulated, dont get me wrong, but for multiplayer it would be nice to have something like an "equal performance" option, that way the host/player can determine himself what he wants to run

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Apex

Apex Active Member

Thanks for the update - good stuff! :cool: It's really nice to see some of the original content getting some TLC. I must confess I hadn't noticed there were issues with the gauges though - I guess I've been too busy just staying on the track. :confused::D

Could you please take a look at the F-Vintage G2M1 rear wing? It pops in and out of vision quite abruptly and it looks very strange when you drive behind these cars. o_O Oddly it does not happen in replay, so I guess it must be a LOD-issue in cockpit view only. :)

16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Why everyone wants balance? It makes things borings. It gives me a kick when I pick the Merc at Kyalami, and the rest picks Macca/Porsche and I trash them hard. Well ok, maybe they are a bit too low skilled for me, but still fun, haha.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Daniel Goulart

Daniel Goulart New Member AMS2 Club Member

IMO the only thing that is a bit frustrating is power loss at altitude.
    Classes like GT3, GTE and GT4 are pretty balanced in my opinion, except when you are at high altitude tracks, like Kayalmi, Brasilia, Bathurst... In these tracks are just impossible to compete against turbo cars with NA cars. Off course this taking into account people with mostly same skill level...
    One way to equilibrate NA cars with turbo cars in altitude (like in real life are done) would be nice!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Apex

Apex Active Member

Maybe the introduction of a 'homologation button' could sort this for those who want it. One that basically evens out the power to weight ratio of the cars in a class. Of course there are many other factors that make cars different, but it might work.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Homologation has nothing to do with BOP. In fact BOP is a rather new invention and the main reason why BOREDOM has come to Motorsports. It was once an engineering race. This is not about an fair and even e-sport game, but a simulation. A ,ot of teams particularly in endurance series sacrificed power and grip for that, londer endurance, and won because the cars made it to the finish line. Unfortunately this reliability factor is not a factor in ASM2,. no matter it you set 6 laps or 4 hours.

The issue is not to much simulation, but not enough simulation.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  20. Apex

Apex Active Member

Fair enough, but read my post more carefully and you can see I suggested an option, not a set-in-stone feature dictating how everyone should play the game. I'd probably rarely use it myself, and in many ways I agree with you.

I'm a live-and-let-live kinda person and if certain features bring joy to others, attract and retain players, even when these features do not cater to my preferences, I'm indeed very, very cool with that because it helps generating the revenue that Reiza need in order to develop the stuff I indulge in.