1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The way things are I expect at least 3 ovals in Part 3. BUT, we have Daytona in Part 1. So that's 4 ovals minimum. Many US ovals actually have road courses in them. iRacing has really embraced that. Some of those road courses are really interesting. Honestly the Daytona Road Course is one of the more bland ones. The cynic in me says Daytona's rise to fame was its location in Florida where they could race in the winter. Same as Sebring. Two of the most famous endurance races in the world are in Florida. Epic tracks or just convenient geographic location!?

Here is a past example (now demolished unfortunately). There racing seems really interesting:

[​IMG]

Also, I want to say, Indianapolis is coming one moment in time as an oval and Road Course, right? Perhaps also, incl. the 2007 Road Course!?

[​IMG]

In addition to the current one:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I used to drive by that place all the time. It's just sad and kind of eerie knowing this massive complex will most likely never see a race again. A sad relic of the "cookie-cutter" NASCAR track formula during its peak.

3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, that's a good point about "rovals." They can provide some really interesting racing given the opportunities the long straights or banking give for sticking in the tow. I remember a good iRacing MX5 Cup endurance event I was part of where the top 3 clung on each other lap after lap. One person may have been faster in the road course section, but the draft would benefit the chasing cars, similar to Spa in a way.

That said, I'm still hoping we get something similar to iRacing's "small town" fictional ovals. They're a great way to get comfortable with short tracks I can just imagine how fun they'd be with a pack of Fuscas. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I find it very hard to be hyped about any content any more as it all appears to have fallen into a black hole.

5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No one knows... Secretely hoping LMDH (or GTP as they want to call them now) is on the menu... After all 2023 is IMSA's revolution year... BMW. Porka and Cadillac incoming... Plus Peugeot and Fefe for some races...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i really hope it will be a thing. Reiza already have porsche, bmw and cadillac licences and i cant see why more cant come as well. We would want at least one LMH though.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Both...:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Daytona's rise to fame was that Daytona Beach was the corporate headquarters of both NASCAR and IMSA. Because it was the corporate headquarters, NASCAR and IMSA both put on their richest (and therefore most important) races there.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  9. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Can we get an official update on when Spa Historic is likely to be released now?

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There is one already:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Not meaning to be facetious (I genuinely don't know) but what's a semester? A quarter/half/third? I don't mind at all, I'm just curious. Googling it refers to school terms of 15-18 weeks and I know it from pregnancy references, where it's ~3 months, so those don't seem to be the same thing...

12. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

In non-academic terms, a semester is half a year. The latin origin (or etymology) means 6 months. Also we don't (technically) speak in terms of semesters for pregnancies, but rather about trimesters (3 months, which corresponds to 1/3rd of pregnancy period).
    upload_2022-5-25_12-12-6.png

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Always thought a semester was like 6 weeks or so cause school here is often 6 - 8 weeks.
    Summer - School - Autumnholidays - school - 2 weeks Christmas - School - Feb/Marchholidays - School - Spring - School - Summer. :D

14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I will sum it up: not soon

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. BazzaLB

Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up then. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here a term is how long a school period goes for between holidays, is generally 9-11 weeks for a 4 term year. In educational a semester essentially means a half year, so two semesters in a year

• Like Like x 1
  17. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A quality off-topic. Must be end of the month :rolleyes:

18. BazzaLB

Some of us want a definitive idea about when the Spa historic will drop so not sure why its Off Topic. But getting anything of decent value is like pulling teeth. I guess I'll ask again next year.

• Like Like x 1
  19. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was referring to elaborate analysis of the term "semester" and touching on its etymology.

I'm waiting for historic Spa as much as anybody else, no need to get stroppy :)

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It means between July and December (2nd half of the year). If I had to bet I would say August when the real GP will be close ;)