1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I made the Dash menu for AMS2 "AUTOMOBILISTA 2 Dash" usable with DashPanel app, I entered a lot of shared memory data, including the new ones for version 12, waiting to be read by the app where the developer DashPanel is making a massive update for AMS2 for to my feedback. I would have a suggestion on Reiza Team if possible to insert in the shared memory the reading of power and torque so as to insert it also in the app is regular changes of the gearbox according to this.

AUTOMOBILISTA 2 Dash mod for Dashpanel

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. BoogieBusiness

BoogieBusiness New Member

Thank you for answering:)
    Guess I just have to wait for SimHub to release an update then.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Torque is already there, and if you want bhp, you can use this formula:
    [EngineTorque] * [Rpms] / 7127

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Part of me is sad because multiplayer has been passed over once more.
    However, many people here were asking for updates without new content but instead a focus on bug fixes and polish. This update is a most emphatic victory in terms of that. I hope those people give credit where it's due.
    I just did a brief testing session with GT3, GTE, GT4, Carrera Cup, GT1 and P1. Everything I drove felt natural and nice. I didn't experience any of the sliding without losing speed behaviour which is my biggest complaint about the current driving. I also had some spectatular crashes which was great because I felt punished by my mistakes. I haven't always felt lke that before. In future once these tyre revisions make their way to other classes that I'm more familar with I can better judge the changes, but so far so good.
    Thanks for the update and keep up the great work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. theF1man

theF1man Member

OMG Thank you so much, looking forward to being able to enjoy the new F1s and the V10s without that static wheel being in the way, love you guys and girls

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

Is anybody else experiencing slight grinding sensation through FFB while wheel is on and just around centre? I'm in CSW 2.5 with FBB+, gain on 65 no FX or centre boost and damping at 25. It has only started after going to the candidate release.

7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yes, maybe... I'm still on a t300(waiting for a DD to ship), default+ and I usually don't run LFB nor damping.
    Kind of "notchy" and "grainy", more than it was before? You may be on to something idk. Nothing horrible or anything, but enough to notice the change from previous build.

Okay, after some intense lapping; maybe I had the FX slider up too much. Turns out smoother tracks yield smoother FFB, who'd have thought?!
    Really enamored with the Carrera Cup that I'm still learning to dance with here. What an absolute home run! Proper driver's car that one can "steer with the rear". I think a common mistake that's made with these rides, as I found our with the RSR '74, is that it requires one to adapt to a different philosophy. Trying to be tidy and rational with 'm doesn't really jive. You need to feel the flow and momentum and use your brake to help steer. I'm just hotlapping every circuit in the roster now. I'm really impressed with the update.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  8. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

I agree. I also tested the Porsche GT3, the McLaren GT1 and the F3. The first two felt fine, especially the GT1, which now feels very much on the tarmac and not as floaty as it was a little bit before the update. I can't say the same with, for example, the F3, which now feels very different in terms of feeling compared to the others. This is due to the fact that there are several cars on which the latest tyre model updates and so on have to be applied, right?

9. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, the F3 is still to receive tire updates.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it will be rolled out in stages, so maybe a couple more updates until they are all done I would assume.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Not on my wheel, at least not generally. Is it all the time, or only in certain cars or in certain situations? I have a grainy feeling on certain cars like the modern Stock Cars and the Classic Mini when driving in a straight line, but that has been there for quite some time and got way better in the current update for me. Cerain tracks like Road America also felt somewhat gariny to me compared to other tracks, which might come down to road mesh. I haven't actually tried RA in the current update.

12. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 New Member

Does anyone else get the feeling of the SuperV8 steering trying to pull away from centre at high speed on a straight? For example up Mountain Straight or down Conrod at Bathurst, it's very difficult to keep the steering centred, as if there is Zero caster. Using default FFB+ on recommended Fanatec DD1 settings.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. EmilG

I've fixed it! I turned my FEI down from 80 to 70 and drift from OFF to -1 in fanatec settings and it's completely gone

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. EmilG

In the car set up, I plus in some toe and reduced the negative camber and raised the steering angle/ratio to 22 and it really helped. I also reduced the front ARB and reduced the front shock rate a little, which also helped on Bathurst and it's long straights

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you guys reset your setup (and also verified, default applies properly) before applying any new changes?

16. EmilG

I deleted my setup folder in My Documents so I think all the setups should have gone to default.

17. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 New Member

How to verify?

18. CrimsonEminence

Reset the setup, click drive, go back into the garage, open advanced setup menu and check if all values are still the same like after the reset. To be on the safest side, reset the setup and save this directly afterwards to a file for a test.

Also an indicator is the display of 1.8 bar cold tire pressures in the garage menu.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

Okay, because it's a bit curious. Your changes to front suspension and steering lock setting should make the car even more twitchy. The removal of negative front toe is the only thing that really is beneficial for straightline stability. EDIT: referring to the post only.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 New Member

I always thought increasing positive caster would also help straightline stability.