1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

/off topic, sort of..

O my...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I was referring to the changes done by Emil.

But generally giving some caster can improve steering feel and give some sort of "active" camber by steering application, so you could indeed say, it also keeps the wheel in place on the straight yeah.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I normally do this after every major physics update like 1.3.6, just to be safe

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also remember this. Assuming you haven't deleted your tuning setups folder, if you have an old setup that you tuned that you didn't rename (just with the default name the game gives you) and you hit "reset to default" if you click out of the setup page, and then return to the setup page, the game will load your old tuned setup, because it has the default name.

5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yes, that is what I meant by "weaving on the straight".

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's why I always delete the setups folder manually. I know it's not great, but these revisions have so many deep changes that the old setups get useless anyways...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Apex

Apex Active Member

I think Reiza made a good call administering some overall TLC, polishing and seemingly small but far from insignificant fixes.

There's a lot of enjoyable content in this game, and I wouldn't mind at all if stuff like this would be the number one priority for the next update or two.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  8. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

thanks, but I meant to include in the shared memory API also the reading of these two parameters of power and torque. This would help anyone to be able to set the shiftled exactly for each racing car, simply by modifying it from the mod created for users to their liking.

9. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not quite sure what you mean. The shared memory structure contains values for engine torque and engine speed. You can calculate the power from those two values.

10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is steering lock not steering ratio. Increasing it to 22 will make the car far more direct. You should lower it if you want the car less nervous

11. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if this has been answered before, but what's the difference between reset car setup back to default in the car setup screen and deleting the car setup folder?
    In these latest updates I always reset setup to see if the new default is better but often I go back to my custom setup. I really don't like the idea of having to constantly delete my setup folder and have to start everything all over again from scratch.

12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The folder deletes all setups you've made since before the deletion, so instead of memorising every car you've set up and resetting them manually you can just delete them all in one big bulk and have a clean slate

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure? My understanding is this increasing the number here relates to the degrees of steering wheel movement required for 1 degree of front wheel movement. So higher number, less direct, lower number more direct.

14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the answer, but what I really want to know is why people often say we have to delete the setup folder? Why not simply reset the setups in the car setup screen while keeping my custom setups in case I want to go back to them?

The setting in the car setup screen is steering lock: how many degrees the front wheels turn, higher number = front wheel turns more. The description at the bottom of screen has been wrong since I got the game and talks about steering ratio, but that has been reported as being incorrect several times here in the forums, the description should talk about steering lock..

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Because just purging all of your setups is easier, I assume

16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because there are bugs that sometimes leave incorrect values in the setup even when you revert to default (you literally see the numbers change back to incorrect ones as you exit out of the garage). To be safe, better delete the outdated setups.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Pink_Stripes

Pink_Stripes New Member

Could anyone confirm whether the updates to GT4 cars include the Ginetta GT4 Supercup class? I know there's a Ginetta in the regular GT4 class so my presumption is yes, but it would be helpful to know for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I mentioned in the last update a grainy feeling at center when the 22 stockcar was released.
    Thrustmaster TX ffb +
    What helped for me, was lowering
    LFB to 5
    FX to 25
    And increasing the steering angle 1-2 clicks.
    I noticed it again on the Camaro yesterday while driving on a straight...kinda feels like an overdone flat spot.

Setup reset multiple times

Be nice to get the FBB recommendation thread updated, as the current suggestions from 2 yrs ago seem way off now.
    :)

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I always revert to default and have only once (with the TT reset) deleted my document folder (still using the first one in Beta)
    It is true sometimes resetting a setup the values revert to wrong values but I always could stop this by reverting to default and immediately save this as "new default"
    Some setups used for cars without a saved setup are also reverterd to default if you don't save the changes to a new file, you can't always trust the auto-save function when leaving setup

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  20. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This... I've had it default to TT setups, reset to default, only to come back to it forcing the first TT setup without my knowledge. Sometimes even deleting the setup in game doesn't fix the issue.