1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. mikek1357

mikek1357 New Member

Reading all these comments I'm excited for the release of the new update :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

me too - but when?

3. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, can you fix a minor/dumb thing on next patch please? Maybe is only 1 minute of work.

If I set -vrnomirror and play only with VR headset, because mouse is disabled, there's not mapped button to change the skins. I press all buttons on my wheel and keyboard and doesn't seems the "change skin button" is assigned to any key :/

Thanks for the awesome phyisics update. Actually best (or top) simracing on the market.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Possibly by the end of the week? You can switch to the release candidate anytime and get all the changes right away if you want.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With v1.3.5 it took a little over 3 days between Release Candidate and the public release, but I suppose we need at least 2 occurrences to see a pattern. And there's probably lots of variables that decide when it's time for a public release, so no guarantees that it will be soon. (But I'd like it to be soon)

• Like Like x 1
  6. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Unknown, but the last official release was pretty close to the Release Candidate, and with some minor adjustments. But if you want to try Release Candidate, just change branches on Steam. It's pretty stable to be honest. Also, when the official update releases you will be automatically changed to the main branch again. My anxiety really makes me switch to the Release candidate branch.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

One issue which has been lingering forever is that 'Auto clutch' doesn't come paired with 'Auto lift' in some older formula cars. For example, Auto lift works in the Formula Retro Gen3 base models (Turbo and regular) but doesn't work in the McLaren MP4/1C. Same with Formula Retro Gen1 but there, none of the cars have 'Auto lift'. Might be some more in there which don't work but I didn't get the time to try all of them.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Automatic selection did put me on softs. Still unless track is very hot (like 61C) rear tires are very very touchy on gas

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Huh, that's interesting. I'm not a hundred percent certain, but from what I remember when I checked the extended telemetry HUD it said I was on hards (at the time I assumed there was only one dry compound so I didn't think twice about it). But then again I was testing multiple cars that day and there is a small chance this was when I was driving one of the stock cars...

Either way, thanks for the input. Next time I'll make sure to pay good attention to the compound. It goes without saying that I eagerly await any further tweaks to this car. :)

(Hopefully I can also get a decent replacement for my dead 42" screen soon. The 32 inch TV I'm currently using is only ~720p and has awful image quality overall :confused:)

10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope when they do touch the F-Reiza they fix the earraping backfire pop in chase/replay cam, as been reported a while ago, would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

DA58A16B-C2D4-458D-AD59-AC3FF1E7908C.jpeg While waiting for 1.3.6.0
    C“mon @reiza grab that licence

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

To be fair, Lamborghinis are in the overrides folder (Huracan ST/GT3 and a Diablo GTR), and that folder has a good history of showing unreleased content :whistle: (for instance the Nissans or the 2002 Turbo)

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If my frienda and I all migrate to the release candidate can we then play all online together?

14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yes, you can even play online now with release candidate users and normal build users in the same lobby/server

• Like Like x 1
  15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

those are pc2 remnants and they have no bearing on future content releases :(

16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those files do not exist in PC2.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

After completing quick races around the Nürburgring (w/ Veedol chicane) in every GT1, GTE, GT3, and GT4 vehicle in V1.3.6.0 RC ... all I can say is: "Wow! Well done, Reiza!"

Every car feels unique while demonstrating those handling idiosyncracies that are hallmarks of each marque's layout and design. I would say more, but I'd rather go start another race!

Note: For the purposes of replication, I was using a Logitech G25 on Default+ FFB with default 75/50/50 settings with a dampening of 10 added (i.e., 75/50/50/10).

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Deleted setups folder. Tried the SV8 in time trial at Nordschleife - it put me on hards using automatic. It was still 2 seconds quicker on my first attempt than my previous best but was a handful. Changed to softs and was a further three seconds faster and still time to be gained - was still a handful, default setup is too stiff for Nords!

• Informative Informative x 4
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This will be the case for most (or at least many) cars on this track. To have a working setup for the Schleife, you could aim for the approach "soft springs - stiff dampers". So softening springs might already help (also for GT3 cars btw.).

Issue for default setups is, that this feels not particularly amazing on "normal" road courses. Mostly Nordschleife configured cars aren't that pleasant at the GP track section for example, but start to come alive at the actual Nordschleife.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Is it possible to set world scale for a specific type of car? For example, for open wheel cars, I like the world scale to be set at 1.35. But for non-open wheeler cars, I like to set it at 1.30. Can't do it!

• Agree Agree x 1