1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. Havner

Havner Member

IMO this shouldn't be done per car setup. Car doesn't care what pedals you have. It should be done in peripherals configuration with some range limiter/sensitivity/whatever so your brake pedal is limited in logical travel to let's say this 90% if you have issues with its softness. AMS2 is the only current sim I know that does it this way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Different tracks, different track/weather conditions as well as different driving styles will change the maximal braking pressure before you severely lock up and as such it makes perfect sense to adjust pressure on the setup. The default 90% allows most cars to be used out of the box on most combos by most hardware pedals.
    If you physically limit your pedal to 90% input not only do you leave 10% of range out of the pedal's input range (for potentiometers at least; different story for load cells as it physically depends on you being able to apply maximal pressure for mid to top level LCs), you do so for all cars instead of a case-by-case.
    Sensitivity should also only play on the area you struggle to finely adjust braking (low or top end).
    Adjusting the brake range in the setup menu is, for all ends, a range limiter.

I do understand Default Setups making brake pressure unchangeable so it would be nice to have this option in the main setup screen along the wheel selection.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Havner

Havner Member

Fine. But if your reasoning is that you need to limit that 10% cause you got too soft pedals (as Crimson said) they will be too soft for all the cars. Not only for some of them depending on the conditions. So either the reasoning is faulty or the solution.
    In either case the current situation is incorrect. If you have too soft pedals give an option to limit them globally. If that is not the issue there is no reason to limit the performance of all the cars globally. Make the default 100% (or some correct value where you can still lock the brakes, although I think AMS2 doesn't have a situation where this will be lower like for instance i rF2) and let people fix that on per car basis.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember when I was still using my basic plasic thrustmaster 2 petal setup, I would have to brake quite literally with my big toe. You couldn't wear socks let alone shoes, because you couldn't feel the petal enough to know when you were pressing down on it

So yeah, as long as petals like this exist, we need some sort of way to adjust brake pressure so we don't end up like the Porsche cup in Iracing, were you look at the brake pedal and you just die. I actually hacked my controller files in iracing a little bit, and made it stop reading from 87% to 100% brake application, effectively increasing the amount of travel I had to not lock up the brakes on every turn.

5. Havner

Havner Member

You do. No one is talking about taking anything away. We're talking about default setups only.

6. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So your concern is that you have to adjust one setup detail at the start of your race and then save it…

7. Havner

Havner Member

Yes, the same as it would be a concern for people having low end pedals in an opposite case. And I thought AMS2 was supposed to aim to be a simulator. Can you explain to me how does sacrificing a car setup to accommodate for people with unrealistic (spring based with potentiometer) brake pedals fit into that?

8. Theodore Schultz

Yeah a bunch of pricks at Reiza is for trying to make their game more accessible and cars easier to drive and giving more adjustability for those that can’t spend hundreds of dollars on high end pedals just to make it so YOU have to make one adjustment out of the numerous setup options. How dare they?!?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Havner

Havner Member

And here I suggested (few posts back) a solution that would work for both. People with weaker and people with better pedals. Yes. How did I dare to do that...

Dude, get a grip and learn to read with understanding.

Besides you're contradicting yourself. Like I said, I'm not suggesting to take anything away. You'd only have to click ONE setting per car setup. The truth is that you probably have to that anyway as for each car you'd have a different point of locking the brakes (85%, 87%, 92%, etc). In the situation as it is now I have to always set that to 100%.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

...but then people will complain that no work is being done!! Bottom line, people will complain not matter you do.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Theodore Schultz

You are just arguing semantics. You are okay with a global slider just not in the car setup when you could just view it as a global slider for each individual car. Those with lower end pedals need to make an adjustment on a car by car bases as and it make it much easier for them to do that then exit the race or practice session to make that adjustment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Havner

Havner Member

Exactly! You have to make those adjustments anyway as the 90% is not a universal correct value for you. So the current situation doesn't fit anyone and sacrifices realism. So I don't see how it's better. EOT from my side. Here I though we're aiming for realism. Silly me.

13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Porsche Cup and Mini 65 are probably the worst now they have ever been.

After some improvement a few updates ago the PCup is back to ploughing like crazy on brakes and having braking distances 2x reality. Just no turn-in whatsoever and in fast corners it's a total pig. There is also none of the oversteer on braking, understeer on exit that these cars are famous for. It's very hard to argue with people who use cars like this as evidence that the weight transfer is fundamentally broken in the game.

The Mini 65 ploughs all over the place with no chance to play with the rear, just awful. It was so good a year ago but was ruined around Christmas (just like the 2002) and was never fixed. Please don't leave these great cars to rot with only superficial fixes.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Summary of multiplayer today:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Picture don't work!

16. Theodore Schultz

Were there any changes to the Porsche cup cars this update or was this from the previous update?

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A slight increase in tire grip, which seems to be missing from the changelog, but no other change to the car and none that would explain any worse braking/turning performance compared to 2 weeks ago.

What the Mini 65 behaviour concerns i agree with the complaints. It also didn't have any revision yet.

18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since the pics are broken, was it positive or negative?

If it is yet another instance of negative MP experience, I strongly suggest you to give it up for 2022. Personally that is what I did. Instead of keeping hopes up and get frustrated every month, I've just set expectations to zero for this year, and resubscribed to iRacing to fill that gap left by AMS2.

Lets not stress about AMS2 MP for now.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

That’s why I almost always limit my driving in AMS2 to cars on the upgraded tire list. Any forays into lesser-developed vehicles comes with a noticeable caveat emptor until they have benefited from the full array of revisions.

20. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

I feel like the Porsche Cup is in great shape after not having played in a while. Most of those changes can be fixed via the default setup. The only flaw I agree with are the brakes. The braking distance feels like it’s double any other modern racing gt. Maybe that’s realistic but doesn’t seem to fit how other sims have represented the Porsche Cup

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1