1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People's mythical sim "completed at launch", 100% featureful, bug free and that caters to all simracers insane expectations, is just not feasible. It's not 1994 anymore. And even at that time, it's not like games could not be buggy and require patches...
    Reiza can work on AMS2 for the next 5 years if they want to. There will always be something to add/improve/fix. Also people forget that a lot of the work being done is the result of wide feedback, which cannot happen if you work in a cave for years before releasing anything.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Microprose Grandprix 2 and 3?
    Indycar 1 and 2
    Grand Prix legends
    Sports car GT
    Sports Car GT 2
    Not counting mods as they are community add ons

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah. Its bad! I can understand it as a simdev, tho. Imagine releasing 1.0. Then a patch or 2 you can download on their website, and then have to wait 2 years for new content, bugfixes, new physics, etc. On the other side releasing patches steady has some disavantages, like running a league. but I like it.

On the other hand I prefer my normie games being completed and then perhaps an expansion a year or two later. Like old good Diablo 2 or Half Life 2, etc etc.

4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

You mean GTR2? I don't think there was ever such a thing as SCGT2 :p

Yeah, in my honest opinion I think that model has kinda ruined the industry as a whole, but at least in the case of games such as AMS2 it seems like a more earnest case of Reiza biting a lot more than they could chew off pre-release and having to slowly sink into it over the course of the next few years rather than just money-grabbing and laziness like with MSG or Ubisoft

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bug report posted!

6. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thank you for your feedback.
    The behavior of this BMW GT4 surprises me: this steering sensitivity, this very significant roll... I can't use it and that's a shame because I find it beautiful. Once again, really surprised by his behavior...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thank you, that was very interesting to read. Do you think that traction control activated as a gameplay aid + the same aid activated in the car setting can lead to illogical behavior?

8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

@Renato Simioni was always honest about AMS2 being a long term development project.

The time for "finished at release" simulators is over for a long time now. Even Polyphony Digital, that arguably have the biggest wallet for a sim racing developer, and a big company keeping their cash flowing in and giving them a huge freedom to do practically whatever Kazunori want, don't release a "finished at launch" Gran Turismo since GT4. Usually we don't know what a GT will be until it's "2.0" release (that takes about one or two years), that is when at least most of release promises are fulfilled.

Soooooo, the issue here is not anyone's job attitude, but your badly managed expectative that want AMS2 to be something completely different from what was proposed since it's announcement.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I personally love the update frequency, makes me far more invested in the sim.

Always something to look forward to, always hope for improvements to be made in the future. This is such a small studio and you can witness them slowly trying (and often succeeding) to carve out a diamond.

And it makes me trust them that, when they declare they are finished with this, it's going to be actually incredible, even if that might be a few years away from now.

• Agree Agree x 9
  10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, it keeps this forum active ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Crimson, I can confirm that the Porsche Cup has too little grip. It can also be felt a little with the normal porsche gt3, but not as extreme as with the cup. And the bmw gt4 also has problems, but it's not the lack of grip. There I feel too much latency in the steering

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Almost every month feels like my birthday :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

How can you confirm this?

14. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, every month a present! For two years now since EA. :cool:. And meanwhile I got used to drive around the problems.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I noticed problems with BMW GT4, yes

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

As I suspected originally...
    upload_2022-6-8_12-17-54.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Nascar 1 and 2
    Race 07

18. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just took the AMS2 and Iracing versions out for a lap around Walkens Glen, and as far as I can tell, they drive idenically execpt the brakes on the AMS 2 car are just a hint better and you can feel the weight transfer a little more on the tires. If you're running with you FFB maxed, the AMS 2 car might feel a little more nervous because of it, but driving dynamic wise I can't tell them apart.

I used the AMS2 baseline setup and the Sprint Fix setup in and didn't touch the TC controls on the Iracing car.

To your question, let me check my settings on AMS 2

I had low TC, Athentic SC, and High ABS. Give that a shot see how it drives?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Meanwhile in assetto corsa (genuinely posted by Ilya earlier)

525A1E7D-9CDD-49E5-BBC1-1C1451ED2014.jpeg
    B5E6E92B-F28B-4E95-8EEA-85B7F8C10E47.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I play at 5760x1080 (so basically 1080p across 3 screens) and come to the realisation it's not AA that bothers me but the shadows, AA even at medium MSAA looks fune but shadows on Ultra look bad. I mitigate this problem by playing in hazey or cloudy conditions and AMS2 looks rather clean. I would love to llay on sunny conditions but until Reiza give us better shadows (maybe RTX shadows) cloudy and hazy it is for me.
    Try it and see if that helps clean up your image.

• Agree Agree x 2