1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Really liking VRC Formula alpha 2022. Making Assetto Corsa come alive again. Really gives the formula ultimate gen 2 a run for its money. Great FFB, pointiness and sound. Not only that but the full 2022 track list. Can you keep up Reiza - I really hope so. Also digging the VRC formula NA 2020 and the full indycar track list.

2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The overhauled physics of the F-V10 G2 are simply amazing. Thanks, Reiza. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RDG

RDG Active Member

I have the same issue with the VRC as with the RSSH21: the FFB just goes completely numb when driving slow speed which makes navigating slow speed corners a pain in the backside. You can dial down the steer assist but that just turns the FFB into mush. Maybe it’s better on a DD wheel, but on a belt wheel the FFB is miles better in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree - it’s the content that goes with it and the ability for user mods and add ons that makes AC so amazing. Great pity that AMS2 does not have the same user involvement. Pretty sure if it did we would have the full F1 and indycar calendar as well as helmets, suits and skins.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gunna test out how the whole multiplayer thing is going with this new build, hav'nt done that, so I'm live if you wanna join me!
    See you on track!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It was fun for a few races, on Donington national in the Mini some blue flags didn't show up or were totally ignored.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Yeh that was a lovely race. Edit I was BigPapa It was good to race with you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes was good evening thanks for joining! Interesting about the blue flags as I had full flag rules on, will double check aswell. Also seems at least one of the drivers experienced the No TC/ABS bug and had to rejoin twice to get it to work. Other than that it all went smoothly, did'nt get and server hangs or fails. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Good to race with all you guys, some really close moments aswell! Pings seemed fine, only one car was odd but think that one had joined from very far away. Thanks for joining, will have to do again!

10. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Yeh really good fun as much as multiplayer needs some touch ups on my end we had like 5 races flawlessly.

11. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I'm switching away from Fanatec for similar reasons (McLaren GT3 V2 will not update; had to RMA). Too many problems too often.

12. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It works "ok" for us until you get over 10 players.

13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

TBH I've raced even with 20 people and disconnects are not happening so often.
    The problems that are recurring more often are mass DQs when doing formation laps with rolling start, desyncing of all kinds leading to bad netcodes, stuck session transitions.
    And missing features like restarting sessions in MP when things go south (which is not a so remote possibility currently).
    Even if there was a cap to 20 players for some time until P2P connection strategy is sharpened the rest of the improvements are necessary as they are game breakers.

• Agree Agree x 9
  14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if there will be a monster effort needed from the networking guys to make P2P a feasible architecture for racing games.

Here is an interesting discussion from 2017: https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/68ou7k/is_p2p_bad_for_online_multiplayer/

15. ATrainedMonkey

ATrainedMonkey New Member

@Apex I kinda have the same feeling now, but just jumped on 1.3.7.1 now, do you think it still feels the same with F-Retro Gen1 as you stated? Compared to previous version it is much more unsteady and with more understeer but maybe I just need to get used to the new physics, but I am much slower with same car/track now.

16. Apex

Apex Active Member

I reset all my Gen1 setups after the update, and I think the cars are perfectly fine again. The daunting corner exit wobble is gone, and I get the same lap times as before.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. ATrainedMonkey

ATrainedMonkey New Member

Ok, thanks @Apex did not try to reset or play with the setup, I will give that a try!

18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 4
  19. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

It also shows that the GTE cars still have no iluminated steering horns.

20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any way to reset the setups all at once by deleting some folder? I actually don't have custom setups. Been just playing with the regular once and always selecting reset setup to default.

I am confused, also, if I run a multiplayer race with default setups - are these the old ones or are they automatically reset for myself and the participants in this case? The reset setup button is disabled in this instance, so there is no way to reset. So am I stuck with old setups or get new ones?