1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

These are really annoying for VR. It sucks that I have to turn on the HUD so I can see these settings. Surely it's a relatively easy fix? (I'd love an in car mirror for the McLaren 720 too... )

I agree with you on the whole though. A lot of refinement and polish required yet.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

All the cars feel good except the V10s to me now, The whole FFB just doesnt make sense on the CSL DD. And those were my favourite, dont know how to get the good Force Feedback back. :(

3. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

seems u copy ACC content list. Go there and have fun with that synthetic sim

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
  4. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no idea what is behind the scenes but, if we want to be fair, we have to remember some time after lauch they did a race with professional stock car real drivers in AMS2. It was not ok, at all. I remember well because I was excited with the idea to compete in a AMS2 e-stock car series since lauch as it seemed to be the obvious path for the game. After that race I just got rid of the idea. Let's remember that improve the offline side of the game seems to be the main target so I can't blame them.

Edit: spell

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was there.... Default+ was quite good on my belt wheel, but once I went DD it was awful... Just a confusing mess, very dynamic but the communication wasn't there.
    Really try some of the newer custom files, they did wonders for me. Just mostly recommended fanatec settings and a custom file, and chances are you won't look back.
    I think it's quite a chore for Reiza to keep a "working" default FFB with so many ongoing physics changes.

7. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Over the last three updates, we now have ~50 cars with updated dry tire physics out of ~150 cars in total. If we assume the same development tempo for the remaining cars, that puts us into somewhere around October 2022 until all cars have been updated. Then there's all the other compounds such as wets, intermediates, and so forth that remain to be updated. Therefore, if you're now waiting for your favorite car to get all its tire compounds updated, there is a risk that you may have to wait for a while.

It's a bit of a dilemma, especially since while I love driving on the new tires, I feel like I've been spoiled and that now it's difficult to enjoy cars with the old tyre physics in comparison. However, I'll try to enjoy what's already been improved. I guess for me that means racing a lot of Championships with GT and Formula cars in the dry the next few months.

Oh, and for the record: Ignoring the fact that new content does not necessarily take away time from physics improvements, still I'll happily take improved tyre physics over new content given the state of AMS2 at the moment.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All the sims can learn from each other since they all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I could add to the list above the immersive audio experience of raceroom, or multiplayer of iracing or other features, but i only put in the list stuff which isnt working right and would improve the polish of ams2
    Nope, i'm not a fan of the 27.5 psi law ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

There's some legit stuff on your list, but this one gave me a laugh.
    While they're at it, Reiza can also 'fix' the 'broken' cloth physics on the high-viz overalls from wind generated when the cars pass the marshalling points. :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its one of those things that adds immersion and makes you feel that you are being watched as you drive, rather than speeding past motionless sprites. The high vis works in rfactor 2, and going back to ams2 night driving after rf2, and yeah, it feels like ams2 is lacking in this small detail

• Like Like x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-6-1_21-19-14.png

All this in the space of minutes. That is why AMS2 is absolutely unreliable for MP racing, hence why it would be madness to choose AMS2 over iRacing for "serious" races such as eStock...

Would be fine if this was a rare occurency, but no.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Have anyone noticed how bad the shadows are now since the last 2 updates? It is just black everywhere so weird.

13. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Do you have a amd card by any chance?

• Like Like x 1
  14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it doesn't really look like we're getting any new content this year. Makes the announcement of Racing USA Part 4 look even sillier in comparison than it already was.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I still have trust in them there's a reason no new content is being released at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

The reason is the physics updates, which keep the physics guys busy.

The bright side of things is that in about five months, they are actually going to have a solid base from which to work, as opposed to the last two years. That, to me, feels like a desirable goal Reiza should continue to work towards, as opposed to just keep releasing content that doesn't actually lives up to the standard it could.

• Agree Agree x 11
  17. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Well the grip difference between anywhere from 27.0 to 27.9 is very minor as Aris (Car physics developer at Kunos) pointed out a few months ago

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

And... as every car driver knows and can experience, 3psi difference are enough to even make a significant difference in out daily drive road cars. (TC, ABS reaction and vibrations throug steering wheel)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To be fair, ACC is the benchmark right now in a lot of ways.
    I think the guys was giving feedback as to what could be quickly taken as ideas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not, but some believe it is true, Perhaps it is wise to be more agnostic in this "The Best" area.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1