1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, since both RC and regular builds can race together in a online lobby, apart from new tracks in the RC ofcourse, i dont think there will be an issue, hopefully they will seperate that at some stage, especially for leagues where you cant check what version someone is running, or at least give an option to select a same version option

2. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't get your hopes up too high regarding AI overtaking. I'm loving the latest physics updates to a range of cars and the new Argentinian tracks are a very welcome addition but I can't say I've noticed any difference in the AI behaviour - at least, I still see them corner after corner, lap after lap, getting into position to overtake another AI, then not see it through. AI errors have also been as rare as hen's teeth for me, other than an occasional squiggle on the throttle. It possibly varies from car class to class but the ones I've driven (a range of tin tops), I'm not seeing any clear improvement.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also the mentioned "improvements" to sound reflections off walls only appears to have resulted in no sound reflections being present anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It doesn’t anymore - RC and default just share the same build after official release, saves those who want to check RC (usually a constant month to month) from having to keep switching back and forth.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 7
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wings efficiency reduced

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good to know that the marbles are dynamic. Would be interesting to get more info about the rubber buildup

7. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

Yep I’ve noticed at Kansai (Suzuka) the sound reflections have disappeared going under the bridge (tunnel) in between turns 9 and 10. They were present yesterday whilst driving the Mercedes GT3, I updated to 1.3.8.1 today and they have disappeared. I can’t comment on any other car/track only the ones I’ve mentioned above.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What happens if there is like a v1.3.8.2? Will it download if in RC mode?

9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Seeing as the recent dev update seems to have sparked some good diuscussion on damage, I think this may be of interest to some folks here.
    I've just found out that my 2nd ever article has been published on Racedepartment. I wrote it before the Dev update or release candidate so I was very happy to see it focused on in the dev update.
    Anyway the article does use AMS2 as an example (as its got some great damage features!), so I'd love to hear what you folks think in the discussion either on RD, here or both, especially on the subject of sausage kerbs but also in general. Cheers! Damage! Pros, Cons & Paradoxes

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats on the recent developments reiza! :)
    Cars I tried so far, feel more natural. Like they settle on their tyres more trustfully then before.
    • Tested the Stockcar 2022 ProSeries after our rpm! league race on thursday just prior the update.
    • Tested the SuperV8 also in TT Jerez Moto, which is super impressive, how controllable it is now, without loosing its spool-diff-character. :cool:
    • Tested the M1 Procar there, which also has the confidence boost now.
    Thnx for everything

• Like Like x 2
  11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Ultimate V2, the AI jump the curb before the start at Silverstone and roll the car 50% of the time.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Porsche cups are by far my favourite now.

Unfortunately there is a bug in single race. You can't start lower than 10th position. So far only Porsche cup has this weird issue.

Already made a bug report

13. Apex

Apex Active Member

It seems my own custom AI files don't work anymore with the classes that now have default custom grids. Did I miss something, or do I need to change anything? I did after all spend a good deal of time making and fine-tuning them, so I'd be kinda sad if I can't use them.

Also, I like to play with a gamepad when I'm in the casual mood or traveling, and it seems TC and ABS don't work for cars that don't have it IRL.

14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I can start in last against 21 AI drivers with the Porsche Cup if I enable qualifying and skip to end without doing a quali lap.

15. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Fantastic improvements to the physics of the cars. But I still don't like the BMW M1 procar perfectly. In fast corners with loss of grip, it can be caught again very well with quick counter-steering. But in many consecutive corners he is too sluggish. As if he weighed 2000kg, not fast and agile, not a master of curves. Maybe the vertical axis?

16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Most still work without issue; a few series (e.g., Formula Vintage Gen1 & Gen2, Formula Retro Gen3, & Mini JCW UK) have new livery names based on new fictional team names that will require modders to tweak their custom files.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  17. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Really like the Argentinian tracks but Cordoba confuses me with the last corner... if I go a bit on the left side of the track, but still on the track itself, not even touching the white line, my lap gets invalidated immediately. Is it supposed to be like this? It's as if the track narrows itself to the right "lane" only on that corner.

As far as physics go I'm enjoying it more and more, really great work on these last updates, but it's still not fully "there" for me, although it might just be a matter of personal preference at this point.

The one thing that still bothers me about the physics on some cars is how power oversteer feels pretty much the same in all or most cars, and it's always this gentle sidestepping that never feels dangerous or exciting and can be saved 100% of the time even at high speeds and extreme angles. It feels a bit "gamey". For example. we've seen this season that the 2022 F1 cars can sometimes oversteer on throttle and spin beyond control even for professional drivers, but on AMS2 it feels so tame and easy, even easier than the new and supposedly arcade Codemasters game. Yes, the car has on power/throttle oversteer, but even at high speeds this oversteer never feels unsafe or uncontrollable, it's as if the tires are just scrubbing rather than actually loosing traction.

This is an "issue" I have with other cars as well, like the M1 Pro Car, which feels otherwise so good and fun to drive, except for the rather tame and safe on-power oversteer.

But I really have no comparisson except F1 videos and in the case of the M1, other sims, so this is just my opinion and preference. If I'm driving high powered cars with no assists then I like to feel a certain sense of danger, it keeps me engaged, and that's why AMS2 is still and it might never become my main sim, but the improvements are notorious and Reiza's work ethic will always deserve my respect.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

The gist of your post is interesting and informative and you are not alone in this respect. I have similar thoughts about the actual transition moment from slip to failure of grip in certain cars, more driving required this end before elaborate comment at the moment.
    In meantime.
    Love this moment of Max (once again) repeating a great save in wet.

Grats to Jamie Chadwick on another win today and Carlos for his first Pole.

19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

hello, I just raced with the AI in formula ultimate gen1. The braking is different, I lock the wheels very easily. I specify that I play with activated ABS in aids. Something changed with this update?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Durdre

Durdre New Member

I am having the same issue, which is frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 1