1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

People have different expectations, different needs and different satisfaction levels. I don't think there's anything malicious or hateful posted here and while I often have different view to those it's important to accept that we're not all liking the same things in the same way.

Chill people, otherwise those heated conversations would contribute to the global warming ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Hi! Finally we are talking kind of relaxed.
    AMS2 will improve imo in the next years massively, remember RE3 has over a decade of developement and no the engine and it's parts are based of some old stuff but revised and improved till today. Plus thr new physics based FFB is very good. And if it works overall it doesn't matter. Better simpler and effecient sometimes. Here is an very interesting interview wita an R3E physics developer:
    RaceRoom Racing Experience | Insight Into Physics Changes - Blog Post
    Maybe there are some good points in there to use it for AMS2 behaviour.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Cayman doesn't strike me as particularly slidey. Did you try resetting to default setup and saving? Certainly nowhere near as slidey as the same car in AC. And cars in R3E generally don't slide at all, except for an unrecoverable autobin.exe.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

May or may not be something to try again? worth a look.

All worth a read or reread. Its a long post by RS
    MP testing was multiple tests last week for instance.
    +you are not alone with opinion of grip some cars the effect is more obvious others less so. but as RS said in his post 'models can always be improved' .
    Useful detailed feedback helps.
    Try the yet to be updated Caterham 620 for catching slide/grip/realism etc and some fun. Interlagos long Historic. Robot ai 100/100 or similar.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  5. Juan Pelizzari

Juan Pelizzari New Member

Hi Fabian. I am new at forum but I am a first time ams2 player.
    Being a user of several simulators including iR, I can assure you that ams2 is the one that I enjoy the most, and the one that offers the best FFB, but I am a bit concerned about Reiza's development priority. Multiplayer is too important an issue for users, it can't be dead like it is now. Would it cost that much to maintain daily series of ranking races? And I ask because I don't know. I clarify, I'm a fan of the simulator and I just want to see it improve, but I don't understand why they let the MP be dead like it is now, and on the other hand they start developing the wear and heating of the clutch, something (in my opinion) absolutely secondary.

(Sorry for my bad english)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Simmer GP

Simmer GP New Member

Cars can slide much better now in R3E until they added the option to adjust the engine braking. Give it at try to see for yourself. FFB settings are also important in R3E. Linearity has to set between 70-100 imo for belt driven wheels and other types of wheels. Add a little FX (30-30) and maybe some low forces (10-20% if u like).

Engine Braking Reduction:

This is something we always had to tinker with behind the scenes. The real power of this became apparent when we started to look at dialling out some tricky behaviours from some of our cars. Namely the off-throttle any-speed unrecoverable spins, also known as instabins. Some of us rarely had any trouble with such behaviour whereas others were very vocal. It turned out those who had little issue with it were naturally keeping a little bit of throttle applied at corner entry to keep the car stable. Those who regularly spun were completely off the accelerator pedal on entry.

This lead us to realise that some drivers would benefit from a little bit of throttle being applied in order to reduce the engine braking and keep the car stable, even when they were not pressing their actual pedal. We also realised that would not suit everybody as agility is sacrificed. Thus the answer was to make it adjustable and that's when this slider was conceived.

More clicks/higher values here will decrease the engine braking and make the car more stable when not pressing the accelerator pedal.

It's worth mentioning that the name engine braking reduction was decided on as the normal English idle adjustment doesn't translate well to other languages, as it intrinsically linked to when the engine is at tickover revs and thus easily confused.

Engine maps, throttle maps, turbo updates and more

8. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I would like to know how are the replay reliable? ( Curiosité)

I was reviewing a race from this weekend when I was heavely smached from the rear ( misteake happends this is racing ... But a sorry would have been welcome at least)... But anyway reviewing the replay I saw two other cars reacting to a contact that visually didn t happend ( around at least 30cm between the two cars side by Side ) and the next corner car going through the same other car for at least 30 cm whitout any effect ..

During replay what can be consider as accurate ? ( V1.3.8.3)

9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think currently nothing related to MP can trully be trusted. So if you find yourself into crashes, before blaming the other driver, the first one to be pointed as culprit is AMS2 itself.

I believe in one of the leagues I raced there was an incident between two drivers where one blamed the other for it, then both reviewed their own replays and the replays diverged. So both were correct on their own replays, but in the wrong on the replay of the other.

Bottom line is: do not trust anything with the current AMS2 multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There you go.

Wish my game worked as well as yours.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

For my crash this is clear .. the Guy on 4th position try to brake late to overtake the 3rd and kicks 2nd and 1st out of the track ... I think this is pretty obvious.

But what I m talking is later with close racing Line.. but I think you answered with the both review that differ.

Thanks

12. VicThorEme

VicThorEme New Member

I think that this is the best vr simracing game at the actually. Only needs a daily races. Its the obly things! Daily races with IA and users

13. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a well timed comment as Leclerc had his own share of engine braking reduction yesterday, luckily he managed it pretty well :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Usually happens in high downforce cars after a restart
    20220711153012_1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had a couple of races with GT4s around Snetterton last night and found the AI having some absurd behavior and looking a bit broken. 105 skill, 100 aggression and cars were a bit too slow in most braking zones, doing some crazy unrealistic lines (going completely off the into the grass before turning into T1, I'm saying a car and a half into the grass around the outside before turning in and it was not an overtake maneuver). Cars were also either having a weird line around the hairpin before Hamilton corner or going into a defensive position too early (with me being 200-300 meters behind them with no chance of even attempting an overtake).

Seems to me some tweaks were made that maybe need to be applied per class, but it's just a wild guess. Renato has also already alluded to multiple AI improvements coming to 1.4 so I'll wait.

On the other hand, I got myself a Quest 2 and boy did I miss VR... What a game this is in VR. Just crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, state of AI is definitely "quite fluent" right now, we're in the process of some overhaul in this area.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

VR is a blast man, have fun!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

I am confident that AMS2 will continue to improve in every area.I see this from the progress they have made since the beginning.
    I had Project cars2 and, even if starting from the same software, the Reiza imprint gets stronger and stronger.
    So I am confident that over time we will be fully satisfied because Reiza are as passionate as we are.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  19. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Indeed. .. I Have the HP G2 with a gtx1080ti and it looks amazing .. cannot Wait a New graphic card .
    I did notice some cockpits very High detailed with almost a 10/10 instrument reading and some others more so so.

I did also notice today that in VR, my car ( a Fiat Uno) don t have wheel at all .... only the body floating,.. doesn t matter as you Drive inside but I Found this Funny. Other cars were ok.

Some open wheels cars have also some wierd stuff on suspension too..

But as you, this game is incredible on VR compare to the several others racing game I have

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

But there is one problem, the progress, while happening, is taking too long. It is not unusual that players go for a new title after 2 years. I'm not sure if I will still have AMS2 installed when the content I payed for 2 years ago, will finally show up. On the other hand, I have bought games on sale in the past (Corona) that I have, to this day, never installed, because I simply don't have the time and necessary attention span to play them. ACC is among them... I have only squeezed 24h out of that game in the last year, compared to 500h in Dirt Rally 2.0 and 450h in AC.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022