1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

They are not exaggerated if you have your FFB set properly. The bumps may even be a bit too mild compared to real life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Is there an earlier spot where it would be better for the FFB to fade-in? This sounds like a no-brainer if it is still off when you get control of the car.

3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I don't really know what you want to tell me with this explanation. I have no questions about how the weather system works and I'm aware how the weather can be set up. I just think it's not the best way to go as it doesn't allow for short bursts of rain in longer races (which do happen, see Hockenheim 2018) and made a suggestion how it could be done differently and adjusted even closer to what the player wants, making full use of the livetrack model.

The whole thing began because I think the track is drying up too quickly next to the ideal line after a rain shower (at least when using sync to race).

Yes, I was made aware of that; this was a vocabulary mistake of mine. English is not my first language.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Hector

Hector New Member

If I had a problem with the adjustment of the FFB I would have problems in all the circuits and this is not the case, only in those parts that I mentioned before are those sudden jumps noticeable.
    I know the circuit as a spectator since I have been several times, I know drivers who have raced there and those jumps are totally disproportionate.
    Marc Collins, how do you know that those jumps are not disproportionate, have you ever been to the circuit?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After spending some time with these updates I am mostly happy. One of the indicators for the improved physics is the consequence of when you get it wrong. I've experienced tank slappers in a few cars where previously I could miraculously (and probably unrealistically) save the situation. This feels more in inline with track days I've done.
    However last night I spent quite a bit of time in an online lobby with Formula USA at Watkins Glen (not sure what gen sorry) and some of the overly forgiving behaviour was still there. The pattern where I could enter too hot with a snap of oversteer and not only save it but also not lose any appreciable time on my best lap delta was present. In these moments the game just doesn't feel right, but the rest of the time it drives very well.

6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which Gen of FUSA? Gen 3 can be very snappy with default setup.

7. Marc Collins

No, I have not been to the track, but I have been to other race tracks with similar "joined" sections of track that have ridges or bumps. I can also use my imagination.

The issue is that these seams at Buenos Aires are not exaggerated in any way when I traverse them in the game. I am not hearing others having a problem, either. So, that's why I suggested you likely have a FFB adjustment problem.

Unless there are some very specific spots where a violent reaction occurs (which can be a result of a glitch in the digital mesh of the track), then it would be helpful to identify them more precisely. If it's the entire "seam" between the two track sections, then ???

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marc Collins

You already got the answer about the too-quick drying.

Yes, to do what you want (a 5-minute shower within a long session) would require either expanding the number of weather slots to about 20 from 4, which SMS likely decided was completely unwieldy for 99.9% of users (I agree), or, completely redesign the weather system from scratch. I highly doubt the latter will happen any time soon.

Higher on the priority list is to get all the vehicles in the game working plausibly and realistically on the appropriate tires for the entire range of weather that exists in the game. This was not done for the previous Madness-based titles and requires a large amount of work to complete. It will benefit 100% of users versus the handful of us (yes, me, too) who would like a more sophisticated and precisely controllable weather system.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dicra

So the former is possible? I disagree that 20 weather slots would be "unwieldy" because you don't have to adjust twenty weather slots if you don't want to. Currently you can choose between 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 weather slots. If you simply increased the number of maximum available weather slots, that wouldn't change anything about the fact that, if it suits you, you could stick to 4 or 2 or whatever.

You would simply add a tool for those who want to be very precise with their weather, not take anything away from anyone, especially not in terms of the ability to navigate.

EDIT: However, I'm not sure on the following: If the track indeed dries in an accelerated way on "sync to race" (I would have thought that only the weather was accelerated and not the wetness of the track) then of course having 20 one hour weather slots would only increase that issue and not really help.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dicra

If you manage to do that - and the dedication is clearly there - you're going to be responsible for a pretty large number of sim racing addicts. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd have to look up the log if sumhub to know what gen. I'm not complaining that it's snappy, that's perfectly fine. I'm complaining that when it is I don't lose any pace.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Marc Collins

That's always been Reiza's unwritten purpose to exist ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry i didnt see this reply. I guess just before the race start, or make the fade in an option?

Also about the weather. Has anyone tried recreating the weather from the wec race in Sebring?

32419047-1B51-44D3-9511-0802EF1E3C9F.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The weather at the Sebring track in Automobilista 2 looks exactly like on your screenshot. :D;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like Hawkins Indiana to me... The Mind Flayer 'bout to pop up on the horizon. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

you can get beautiful weather in AMS2, which might be somewhat comparable, something like a sunset after rain when the track dries.

17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We need one weather condition called "Armageddon" for that :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Well you got me firing up the game in the small chance i missed it and Reiza did something amazing....dreams crushed.

19. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I normally only drive formula cars as I find the GT series too much of “been here before in lots of games’ and found the other cars too slow and uninteresting. Last night I did an online race with a Sprint car and it was brilliant. Close racing, challenging especially when on the edge of grip. Whatever Reiza has done with the new tyre model it is fantastic. These things used to handle like pigs but now - great. Keep up the great work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Hector

Hector New Member

Using the imagination is not convenient in a simulator, real and accurate information should be used.
    The Buenos Aires circuit is well recreated, except for a very sharp jump in the Ascari corner that has nothing to do with reality.
    I hope they can correct it in the next patch.