1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Haven't played the game in a long time and figured I would give it another shot after the updates, and I am glad I did. The FUG2 is my new favorite car in any sim, it feels incredible! Has there been any mention of adding to the E/KERS system? Like the MGU-H setting? Adding a clear or removed halo pillar for us flatscreen folks?

Also, did my first dry to wet race with the FUG2 today. I noticed that when I switched to the rain tires, the car seemed to "bounce" a ridiculous amount compared to dry track/slicks, is this something to do with the rain tire?

Thanks

2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are ERS modes, you need to map a couple buttons to cycle through them. There isn't an "overtake" button at the moment though.

3. Elcid43

I know about that, thanks :) Just wondering if they had mentioned any plans on expanding the system in the future.

4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

By that do you mean "energy harvesting settings?" There been no official word about it, but Reiza could surprise us. It would be a nice strategy element, but I doubt how deep they'll dive into the harvesting/deployment options.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Elcid43

Yes, exactly. Basically giving us the full system used in F1. Hopefully someday.

6. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

I haven't played the sim in a while, so I thought I'd hop on and rag some GTEs about.

Yeah, the new tires are much, much better

The AI is better, the weird unnatural twitching when you get near has been reduced. Although in multiclass faster cars can still be hesitant in overtaking.

Looking forward to further improvements

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im seeing (when racing the A.I.) cars litterally driving though each other whilst battling on track, right infront of me! Not because they are pitting or anything like that, just driving through each other, its really not good. This is happening reasonably often. Anyone else finding this?

8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Depends on car track combo. It seems like the stuff not yet optimized per class has actually gotten considerably more stupid.

9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The rain tyres have very soft tyre carcasses relative to slicks, so you get a lot of porpoising with the wet tyres. I would've thought that there would be more porpoising with the slicks (and less with the wets/inters) based off Hamilton's radio messages, but the default setup is already quite low to the ground. I guess the f-ult gen2 is more similiar to the Red Bull than the Mercedes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I cannot find any sharp bump in the Ascari corner on any layout in the game that includes that corner. The bump(s) there are as-expected for a "real" (not a modern F1 billiard table) race track and in line with the bumps on the rest of the track.

Can you provide the specific layout and maybe a screen shot showing where the excessive bump is, please? As mentioned, a mesh error at a very specific spot could cause a violent reaction, but I cannot find it to drive over/test.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Just tried a time trial with Porsche cup car after training. I noticed a huge difference in FFB despite using default setup's in both. The FFB in time trial is very light, especially when you are standing still. I did use custom FFB. Will try later the default FFB.