1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

May have had more the 1st time when I was on there personally earlier, but pretty sure it was under that when it booted going from fp to quali the last time.

Just finishing a race session atm, so will bring player numbers down once I'm back at the pc.

2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, i usually set it at 25, which also gives you the option of some more tracks to race on, that usually works quite well

• Like Like x 1
  3. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

Are sparks still rendering strange in VR for anyone else? I presume they are just rendering in one eye.

4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, have the same strange feeling with sparks in VR…
    They either render in one eye only and/or are only a flat 2D effect in a virtual 3D world I assume…

5. Mike1304

[
    so you mean I only have a bad start and then I can’t close up anymore because as single car I get no slipstream from the pack. Any tips for better start (rolling start), which gear, which revs when lights go green?

6. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for looking into it for me mate. It looks like another little patch dropped this arvo, and the livery problem went away after that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

@Mike1304

In Nascar on Daytona Oval, the peloton actually moves faster than a single car. When refueling takes place, it is in groups because a single car will never catch up with the peloton (in the event of a green flag).

• Like Like x 1
  8. munkyboo

munkyboo Member

wouldnt the handling issues you mentioned be car specific (Group A?) and how certain cars need to be driven in certain ways? Surely not all cars are like what you described. Though i did notice a lot of cars default brake bias can be shifted rearwards to help with corner entry. And default setups usually understeer rather than oversteer so maybe some of it is intended
    And with some cars being just more difficult to drive on the limit. Do you mean the people going faster are drifting through corners? But then again that wrecks tires during a race and isn't feasible for a lot of cars.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Might also be worth checking that you are not losing speed in top gear. I drove default set up F-USA Gen 1 Honda on Daytona oval (as best I recall) yesterday, and using sixth gear was quite a bit slower than staying in fifth.

10. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

Could be ai calibration issue I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RDG

RDG Active Member

Going back and forth in VR between iRacing, rF2, ACC, AC and AMS2 I noticed something weird in the way the Formula U2 handles in AMS2. It’s almost like the car doesn’t rotate on the front tyres but on a point offset to the front axel, difficult to explain. Drive the W12 and the RSS hybrid and the point where you start steering is identical, but in AMS2 it’s off, almost like the wheelbase is offset or something. Very weird. Could be that the steering angle is quite a bit off compared to the other sims, but that could explain the lack of road connection that a lot of people complain about when they try AMS2.

Is the visual model the same model used for the physics or is there a discrepancy there?

12. Br1am

Br1am Member AMS2 Club Member

No they are not car specific, all cars suffer from the exact same underlying issues across all tracks. The nuance is, that not every car/track combo shows this problem to the same extent.

Like I already said, setup changes help to improve default setups for drivability, but they don’t improve pace as much as just overdriving the corners does. So yes, I mean you are faster through corners by overdriving and drifting through them. I agree it shouldn’t be feasible for a lot of cars, yet at the moment with the state of the sim as it is now, it unfortunately is for almost all cars. This is why I commented about it on the first place. The problem is not setup or ‘cars being difficult to drive on the limit’. It’s that people are actually consistently winning races drifting every corner as hard as they can, leaving behind drivers who drive with a more controlled style.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I tried one of the f-classic cars in a random track just to check the "newly added sparks".

Are 'nt sparks very "light" (in terms of visibility) or is it my idea?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, I can second that, CTD and a bugsplat.

15. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, think they need to be much brighter.

16. Mike1304

Thank you for your tip. Can you also please give me a hint how to get the best rolling start (F-USA gen3 @ Daytona oval, starting from last place)? In which gear should I be when the lights go green to not fall behind the pack too much (second or first gear?)?

17. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Pet peeve could It be possible to mix both metric and imperial units together as I'm English I use degrees Celsius and mph.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, no accommodation for countries that can't decide which way to go ;)

J/K...I use metric for everything, but instead of bar we use kPa for tire pressures (or even still psi) here in Canada. Someday when all the big stuff is handled, we might get an option to display some of these units in formats that the user can choose. But not high on my personal wish list at this point.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Come here to say yesterday I had one of the best experiences in AMS2, in multiplayer mode with FCY, it was brilliant, with 2 full charges in my quest 2, maybe I slap the USB cable and play all night!
    Caterham superlight is nice, Indy oval is an awesome experience, and F-Ultimate Gen2 at SPA made me smile!

I think something can be adjusted on the spark's brightness, they seem too dim even in the daylight, don't know if it's a VR perception issue.

The P4 engine sound is messed up.

20. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Hehe we have superior measurements. Thanks for response though nice to know that it's at least in the book. Go and get yourself and nice rest.