1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I agree and we have the best trio of car brands in the world. Koenigsegg, Volvo and Saab

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Imagine going to buy a coffee in another country and being told you have to pay more than the price after exchange rate because you come from 'x' country and therefore can afford it.

3. Racinglegend1234

I agree that it sounds a bit weird. If companies can earn extra money, they will

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bizarre Formula

Absolutely, it happens all over the world, but people generally have the decency to pretend they aren't doing it as opposed to having a chart that shows just how badly each nationality gets screwed. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am in the US and I am not upset by this chart. Someone who lives and works in Mexico or India should not be charged the same amount as I am because while I am by no means considered wealthy in this country, I would very very well off in many other countries around the world. Yes things generally cost more here but I get paid a hell of a lot more too. It makes sense from a business side as well. Sure you could charge the actual currency exchange rate in other countries but how many people in those countries could actually afford a luxury like a sim racing game if the price wasn't adjusted down. Some sales at lower price is better than no sales.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is quite common in South East Asia and Middle East for tourist sites. You will see ticket prices for locals and "foreigners".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Are Italy, Germany, Japan, England and USA countries in Mars? :whistle:

PS: But, yeah... in this case, a sixty place is not bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Loads up VPN

6wfcyd.jpg

Edit: I was just joking and didn't intend to start a discussion on socioeconomics. Please be civil in discussions.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 9
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I know, it's a joke and i hate to be that guy, but of course please don't do that folks. :)

Regional pricing can be influenced by abuse and one of the outcomes could be adjustments to higher pricing in regions where currency isn't strong, which makes games actually less affordable and obviously this isn't desirable for the gaming community as a whole to be in a disadvantage. But again, of course i know it's a joke

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Bizarre Formula

You've gone straight to the opposite end, charging less to be able to sell your product in poorer countries is different than charging someone more for a product based on the faulty assumption that being from a certain country can tell you a person's economic situation with certainty.

I've lived and worked all over the world and know people in some of the poorest countries who could buy everything you own 10 times over and not blink, I know people in Europe and the USA who are working two jobs and still struggling to keep a roof over their heads and feed their kids.

I would rather not have this turn into the obvious 'it can be worse' discussion when, as you pointed out, we are not talking about a necessary purchase.

Hypothetically If I make bread that costs me 1, perhaps I choose to sell it for 3.

A boy turns up at my bakery who is hungry and doesn't have 3 so I choose to sell it for 2, not because I am benevolent but because a sale is better than no sale, as you said. I still made a profit, though.

If an Amercian then turns up and I charge him 6 because I assumed as an American he or she couldn't possibly be struggling for cash then that is what I would suggest is not a particularly decent policy to have, not that I am naive enough to not realise that this happens all the time.

As far as I am concerned it makes no difference on principle; if Elon Musk himself turned up and I charged him 1,000,000,000 I would be a %&"!.

11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

12. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Obviously there are poor people in America and there are rich people in poor countries but I am talking about averages here. Cost is always relative to where it is sold and who the consumer is. Not sure if you heard but ethics aren't really a thing when it comes to making money.

Edit: The value of something is only what someone is willing to pay for it. Many examples of this such as "rare" pokemon cards. You can 't eat them, they cost nearly nothing to produce but some are very "valuable" because people are willing to spend their money on them. Same is true for just about everything. AMS2 is worth less in other countries because people are not willing or able to pay more for it. It costs more in other countries because we are willing and able to pay more for it. It didn't cost more or less to make for one country than others but that is the reality of the world we live in.

13. Justdave

Justdave Member

Well, this thread went off in a weird direction. We are all hurting these days with the state of the world as it is. That being said, to keep things "On Track" as it were..when is the dev blog, announcement of the announcement of the development of this game? ANY CLUE? ANYONE?

• Like Like x 5
  14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So in economics this is called 3rd degree price discrimination, and involves charging the profit-maximising price in each region so the overall profit is maximised. Obviously ‘wealthier countries’ have more disposable income so can afford to pay more for ams2. This is very normal thing, it is why peak-time trains are more expensive than off-peak.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

They are working on improvements to multiplayer and single-player racing, new cars and new tracks, as well as completing some of the physics changes that weren't released with the original 1.4 release. Not enough has been completed and tested yet to have a release. But there will be one once there is, which is almost certainly in the not-too-distant future (within the next month or so).

Is there really much else that can be said until something actually is released?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Not really, We just need to be a little patient, until we get some form of communication from Renato

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

I hope we could talk to the sun god very soon

18. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Steam is the only thing with differencial price in Argentina. (Plus 100% tax fee). All the price are usd equivalent. I prefer Ams2 at international price, and food at regional relative.
    Strange thinking from "first world" folk lamenting diferencial price, when the latter is living on paying two buck to the rest of the world for producing stuff.
    We pay food, cars, electronic , medicine with regional salary and usd price.

Mac menu/salary. 1500 /70.000

RTX 3060 TUF-RTX3060 12GB/

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Can we please stop talking about world economics and start to talk about cars again? PLEASE LMP1 AND LMP2!

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. Bizarre Formula

Yeah, sorry about that, opened Pandora's box with my coffee analogy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1