1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The regular trainer is a bit too drifty, but I suspect it's mostly due to (semi-slick track day road car) tires that are overheating much too easily. This issue will affect grip all throughout the range.

The trainers in AMS 2 are modelled to be lower and wider than a traditional Formula Ford or F-Vee. That should result in a less sharp loss of grip, which are the trademarks of the traditional trainers. I think the idea is to help you learn how to drive a tail-heavy race car, but without killing you at every second corner.

Any/all of these trainers have wildly different characteristics depending on which tire they are equipped with. The range is anywhere from an ultra high-performance all-season road car tire to a multiple grades of full slicks. The semi-slick on the F-Trainer in the game should be pretty decent, but we don't know the quality of the rubber. Reiza likes to simulate popular (meaning accessible for many and poorer people, not global TV ratings) racing where lower-quality parts and equipment are used.* If relatively hard (long lasting) tires were put on this wide-model trainer--the kind racing schools typically use because they want them to last for weeks or months--I suspect the driftiness would not be too far off what it is in the game now, if the overheating was eliminated. A long way of saying that it may not be too far off once that issue is addressed :)

I am going to go try the Advanced Trainer now to compare.

[EDIT]: Yes, it also has rear (esp.) tires that are overheating too easily. Not sure if this is partly a set-up issue or 100% tires?

* my favourite is the "poor-man's Porsche Cup" series -- Copa Fusca ;) Probably the same amount of fun/challenge/enjoyment, but at 1/20th of the cost. You don't have to be a rich celebrity to be able to participate.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There seems to be some oddness with the fast rolling start hammering the brakes as you take over control. Maybe try a manual rolling start, that seems to alleviate the issue.

3. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah, I felt something was off in vr with the sparks too. Someone here mentioned it could be that it’s only being rendered in one eye. played just a minute ago and it does feel that way.

4. Thiago Oliveira

Thiago Oliveira New Member AMS2 Club Member

Since a couple of releases ago, I have been experiencing problems with audio with some cars. Trying the McLaren GT3/Oulton Park or the P1 Gineta 58/Jerez the car engine is really muffled. Even when setting oponents' car audio to 10 or something below their sound still overpower the player's car engine. This makes the game really hard to play as it breaks the whole experience. I've already reinstalled the game/delete all game profiles and the problem still persists. Some cars like the stock cars don't have the same problem so I believe it is a fault withing the game itself. Anyone else having the same problem?

5. Marc Collins

For each car, does the problem only happen at the one track you mentioned, or is it universal for that car?

6. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Set-up ur speakers to be stereo in Windows settings the exact same thing happened to me.

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And aero balance which usually is towards the back and tries to straighten the car

8. Marc Collins

This! If cars with engines in the rear are the main problem (at any track), then most likely Windows thinks you have more speakers than you actually do. The game trusts Windows when it decides whether to play stereo or surround sounds. Rear engine sounds will get sent to non-existent rear speakers if the settings in Windows are incorrect. Happened to me, too, twice in the past because Windows updates sometimes change this setting without any notice to us the users.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think so. Have a look at the time trials and word records. They are not like that. I myself have had a few of those and many more been in the top 10 and don't drive drifting the car.
    I'm not sure what those guys meant and what you felt/understood but it is not really like that for me. Usually I can gain about 1.5/2s by adjusting the setup to my liking so I'm not sure why you feel like you are not gaining time.
    In general I feel there is a lot players that feel like they are exceeding grip limits and drifting as soon as they feel some tire scrub as that is usually how other sims render exceeding the peak grip even when they are not really drifting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am obviously missing something, how to adjust the mirrors?

Thank you

11. MCI Goated

Get into a car click pause then options then cockpit configuration.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

that pretty much summarizes my own experience as well(the bold section in particular)
    What I have done this afternoon with the 3 classes of cars I mentioned in my earlier post today (Street,GT3 and open wheeler) was to increase the In Game damping to some high level (>60%) that, to my feeling behind the wheel, increase the sensation of tire friction with the road.
    this has somehow improved my ability to recover the car at the limit (countersteer) in order to reduce the numbers of spinout I was experiencing especially with High power cars.
    But I am still not completely confident to push the cars to the limit as the floaty feeling you described is still there even in perfect weather, track and then tire conditions.
    The understeer that also came as a result of my experience in the Game is, imho, still far too pronounced when you compare the same cars in others Sims I am using as reference such as RF2, AC (with v10 tire and CM extended physics model) and yes you named it, glorious AMS1 (thanks Reiza)

I might be biased, as I saw this sort of comments between people on this thread, due to my experience with these other Sims but as much as I would like to put AMS2 at the pinacle of Physics/FFB best match, sorry again but , to me, its not there yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you have custom paints installed? If you did and those cars were removed that's why you'd had red cars. The game doesn't know where to get the livery because the car itself has been removed.

14. Torsten Krämer

Torsten Krämer New Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula USA Gen 2 used on Gateway short oval setup. The real CART 1998 Indycars drove with speedway configuration.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Gen 3 should use speedway wings as well, once it's fixed, but Gen 1 possibly should use short oval since they did in 1997 the first year at Gateway

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I had the same issue and Spa 22 and other users on other tracks. I verified my files and it seems to have fixed the issue.

17. Thiago Oliveira

Thiago Oliveira New Member AMS2 Club Member

That was a life saver! Thanks man!

18. MCI Goated

All good. Happy to help.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

Weren't the leaderboards in time trial supposed to be wiped ?

20. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

LOL I thought I was the only one seeing it. Somebody sees Hungaroring as a tank-like missile launcher throwing things also?

• Creative Creative x 1