1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You can choose between Dx 11 and 12, but optimisation is more important than bringing new features (for graphics)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

People will complain less on performance if Reiza could implement dlss and fsr. If these features were brought in, the game will perform a lot better. REIZA PLEASE

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

But what is the settings in AMS2 which takes the biggest performance hit?

4. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

From what I read the TC2000 championship is in trouble with mass pull-out of manufacturers, which might be why the licensing issues if it was the series in question. The next gen cars are an attempt to bring back manufacturer interest by silhouetting SUVs like the Renault Capture, VW Nivus or Toyota Corolla Cross which are all the rage for some reasons.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Racinglegend1234

We have to see what, happens

• Like Like x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I would always start reducing shadows, particles (+ their density) and maybe actually reflections/environment map aswell. The first 2 might actually free some bigger amounts of performance.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

If the cars which rely on mechanical grip still need improvements, wouldn't that mean that the tyre model is flawed? I mean, reiza have confirmed that they are still working on some cars and every single one of them relies on mechanical grip while all the cars with good physics have lots of aero. That leaves me to the conclusion that while these cars feel good, maybe you just don't notice that the tyres feel weird because of the aerodynamic grip. I really hope that this is the case, because, like i said, there are still some cars they are working on and if they improve the physics for them, maybe the other cars will get even better because of universal tyre model improvements. On the other hand they stated that they need to finetune every car for it to feel good. If that is the only reason why some of the cars don't feel as good as others, my reasoning would of course be completely wrong. Either way, hopefully they wont only release new cars but will also improve the ones already in game. I would always pick a car physics revision over a new one. (I'm not tryn'a bash the physics, many cars in the sim feel really good)

8. CrimsonEminence

No and it's a coincidence.

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Can actually confirm this. I even did this in PC2 in case of important league races. If the race goes through the night, I reduced to low shadow detail, which almost completely eliminated the impact of headlights in the sense, that I went below 60 fps - flat screen with an AMD RX580 (so rather low spec) at this time. At least in PC2, the switch from medium to low looks like the shadows are replaced by a more static texture / occlusion representation in comparison to a sharp bounded, more raytraced, representation.

10. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Environmental map set to low made a big difference on my mid/low end system on regular single monitor.

11. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are really only two cars that they have identified that need work and it seems to be more of a “bug” than anything else. Where are you getting your information? After 1.4 the tire model and physics are complete but only those two cars need some tweaking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And by the way tire models are different in different classes so any "across the board" conclusion would be quite misleading...

13. CrimsonEminence

All classes are using the Seta Tire model. The way the tires are built is the question. We've already identified issues and sorted them.

After all, the tire model isn't flawed, but certain tires are. Like often mentioned -> we've control over the things that happening now, so solving the issues with cars like F-Trainers are more a matter of time than the "if". :)

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

There are a few classes that need some work, like the Caterhams and the Opala old stock (and of course the formula trainers), which coincidentally are all cars that don't have spoilers and co. I was just wondering if that was more than a coincidence. And i did say that that probably isn't the case. AC still feels a tiny bit better, but Reiza are always improving the sim so that prob wont be for long. On a different note, i think that an Alpha Romeo license would be a really cool addition to the historic content (The GTAM would be so cool).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

And more old Mercedes race cars

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

IMO there's something to be tweaked regarding the diffs also. (Or maybe is all about tire model).

If you take the BMW GT3, for example at Suzuka, in the long curves like the left hander after the Ss, you can make all the corner just drifting.
    The last corner entering the finish line.. same.. just having a massive wheels spin in 3rd gear.
    GT3 cars aren't likely behaving like that.
    What I do always is to increase diff preload around 150NM and reducing the diff bearings value.
    At some pont I try to soften rear suspension too.
    With that agressive setup you can mostly mitigate that massive power-oversteer.
    Many cars are afected by this issue (GT4s, Ginneta Open, V8supercars, stockcars all years).
    The feeling is that is too easy to break the max grip point of the tire. Or the torque of the engine is delivered the way too abrupt when giving gas.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Motorsport's rich history in Argentina was always mainly about manufacturers rivalry. TC 2000 born like that, but for the last several years they raced the same chassis and engine for all drivers, and silhouettes representing several manufacturer's cars like Ford Focus, Chevy Cruze, etc.

People don't want fakes here. People want the real Focus and the real Cruze, with their original chassis and engine tuned as a proper racecar, just like almost every other series.

Personally I don't like the idea of having SUVs in the TC 2000, but it might work because people here loves SUVs. I don't know if it's only the silhoulette or if they built a proper racecar with the original car tough. If it's only the silhouette with spec chassis and engine, I think it will not work in the long term past the novelty.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also tend to reduce clutches to 4, as the default seems to be 6 for many cars and 4 feels better for me under power.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Racinglegend1234

Does AMS2 have descriptions for what the different things do? I haven’t tried to change things in the setup for a little while

20. CrimsonEminence

On the bottom of the setup menu