1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The simple answer is half the content i just don't know enough about to use properly...

I'm not a huge formula 1 fan, and I basically know very little about schedules, race distances, rules packages ect. Its very annoying, because I have to spend a couple hours building the schedule in custom season and then reading history to find out if I'm allowed to refuel or not because that information is not readily available.

Same could be said for the 60's and 70's touring cars, and pretty much all the Brazilian series. I also have no interest what so ever in modern GT expect for doing stupid stuff. (Multi class oval racing in the rain anyone?) It also doesn't help that almost every car class has the same decotomy. Power vs handling.

So the TLDR version of my argument, I just don't know enough to properly use the content we have apart from CART, Group C, Vintage GT, and GT1 which I'm interested in and know things about. Everything else it a complete enigma or GT3/4.

• Like Like x 3
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You don't need to be an expert in a car class to use it!
    I've never been a fan of Formula cars in sims and in AMS2 I ignored them for a while (1.5 years actually).
    Then I tried some of them. And now I'm hooked !
    Don't feel afraid to challenge yourself a bit trying things outside of your comfort zone.
    That goes for race settings. Try starting a race a 4am in winter with time acceleration and variable weather and be amazed at experiencing sunset. There are so many surprises that awaits in AMS2 just experimenting with settings. AMS2 is an incredible sandbox but it does not hold your hand and sometimes you have to put some effort to find good stuff you might enjoy.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think I read on one of Renato's post that after the 1.4 update they would take longer to release updates and stop doing release candidates. I think good meaty updates every 2-3 months is fine as long they fix any major bug that appears after with hotfixes, much like they did in 1.4. So I dont see any issue with them not communicating anything before the update, sometimes that can just create false expectations and disappointment.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

So next update is v1.5 maybe?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've never understood people who buy an expensive game and then ignore 95% of the content. Like people driving ONLY GT3s and GTEs. Try something else for a change. If you never try anything for the first time, you'll never do anything.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Why does someone need to have mastered every car or track to want new ones? There is content I enjoy and content I don't enjoy, I personally don't enjoy Indy cars at all and for the most part I don't enjoy tracks that I never heard of and have zero connection to through any real-life racing I have ever seen, now I have to go and master all of it before I can wish for new content I actually like?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The funny thing about people asking for more content (which is fine) is that even though Reiza adds more and more content we mostly see the very same combos being used online over and over again.

It is like people ask for more, play with it for a little, then throw it in the bin forever just to go back to the same content they've had for ages.

Obviously what I just reported is related to online only, since I cannot see/measure how every individual offline player play the game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is a shame because some of my favorite tracks on AMS2 are ones I had never heard of but wanted to give them a try. Many of the Brazilian tracks are amazing with really great flow. Often much better than the more well know tracks.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont do that offline. However, some friends who spend much less time with the sim just are good at a few tracks. So if I want to have a race where I don't run away 3 seconds per lap from them, I have to select the usual tracks every so often.

10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There have been updates in Beta recently with some good QOL fixes. The note from Renato was not on updates in general being delivered every 3 months but rather on physics changes being bundled to be released every quarter rather than every update.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That may be, but we are currently months from any kind of update, hotfix or otherwise. And besides QoL fixes (which are of course welcome), we're due several DLCs before the end of the year...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

You cannot know that the people on here asking for content are the ones who play exclusively the GT3 combo you don't like and moan about; I can't remember the last time I ran a GT3 server and have run the server with just about EVERY car in the game.

I genuinely suggest you start a thread in general discussion to find people here for you to play with. Say what kind of racing you like to do and try to find people who are likeminded, add them on discord and steam, then go host and race whatever car you like.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thin
    Its about what people want to drive. If all you do is drive f1 cars, then you’d want more f1 tracks. Likewise if you want to race imsa in ams2, you’d ask for more american tracks. Reiza cannot satisfy everyone at once, hence the wishlists which don't seem to end

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure I read somewhere Renato say there would be less communication no more monthly updates, but larger quarterly updates? So maybe we can expect some pretty great stuff coming very soon? Or was I just dreaming...

Still though would be cool to have a little nugget of info to tie us all over/get us salivating :whistle:

Contrary to all the car and track requests... Now it feels like they have hit a nice spot simulating physics for cars, I'd love to see Reiza start to spend some time simulating the different regulations for the all the different series' and time periods represented.

It has always been a blast but in a sandbox kind of way for me. Going to feel like that because of the nature of how they are developing it so I totally get it but 1.4 sounded like they got to a turning point. Some more structure, like properly implemented race rules,(which I know has been worked on in 1.4 with full course yellows etc), safety cars, seasons, more championships etc etc would be nice

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think that was the case. Like I said, the note mentioned physics not being updated every month, not monthly updates becoming quarterly updates.
    For content we are bound to silence as to whatever is happening in Beta...
    However I think Renato already said enough recently.

17. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah! Someting as simple as adding more scoring systems or letting us edit them like in AMS1, many might think it's silly but it really bothers me that with all the great classic cars, you cant run a classic points system, specially F1, as flawed as it was. So heres hoping they start adding stuff like this now that the physics have matured like they said.

• Like Like x 1
  18. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Good for you, good for everyone else who does enjoy them, good for everyone who enjoys Indycars and everything else, seriously!

But I personally just don't, it is not a conscious choice but just how I feel what I like and don't like to race in a sim and nobody needs to tell me I have to master everything first before I can hope for more of the content that I personally enjoy.
    There are things I like and things I don't care about and of course I would like to see more of the things I like, though I never complained about the Indycars or argentinian tracks or even the new F1 car or whatever other content comes to the game that I don't enjoy myself, as it helps bringing more people to the game.

19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm going to be real with yall, the only games I play online are Iracing and Call of Duty.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

After watching today's Stock Car race at Goiania I wonder if Reiza will update LiveTrack to simulate dust clouds when cars go offtrack. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1