1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Firstly Reiza have to improve plenty of things before adding new content, for example the F1 V12 physics, several car sounds that are not mixed properly, etc. I want some of the announced cars as R390 GT1 but I prefer improves in the basic things.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can I ask why you are not happy with the formula v12? Just curious, not doubting your opinion…

(There are still cars with broken sounds like both vintage corvettes which have no chase cam sound)

• Like Like x 1
  3. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

F1 V12 for example I think that it could have very much better sounds, there are a very good archive on YouTube for it... :p Other cars as Sprint Race needs fix in the on board and external sample mixing, and the same with other cars. About the physics, F1 V12 slides very false on accelerations and when upshiftings, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I tried the F-Ultimate G2 a few times but I didn't like how it handles. After playing F1 22 for around 10hrs in the Steam free weekend the F-U G2 doesn't seem so bad. It's hard to believe how terrible the handling of the F1 cars is in F1 22. Thank you Reiza for making a decent version of the current F1 car.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Apparently, the FV12 is a F1 from 1994 or 1995... but it resembles the critics that Prost did for his 1991 Ferrari (the 643)... the "drives like a truck" thing lol

6. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 Member

Interesting. For me, it is raceroom only. In general, i am more the single player guy.

7. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Scheduled ranked races or at the very least decent online competition systems aren’t important to a sim’s popularity, change my mind!
    Notice how many people came over on the V1.4 hype train and look how many have all ready migrated back to RF2, ACC and R3E.
    You could also argue that having decent GT3 cars with a healthy choice of GT3 cars to pick from have an influence too.

For those that missed it, I’ve brought the steam stats in to show that folks came to AMS2 via v1.4, then migrated back very quickly to other sims and my rationale being that there is no competitive online and a poor gt3 line up in ams2 compared to the other three sims.
    Then a notable mention is the surge in RF2 popularity from out of nowhere, unless you account for the LFM beta facility and my rationale is that decent online facilities equals popularity and higher player counts as outlined in the photos.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have not seen that anywhere or heard anyone discuss that on the forums. One of Reizas strengths in the earlier days used to be their communication, that has certainly changed over time though. Not that I would expect regular monologues but when there is silence like there has been over the last few months just an odd line dropped here and there to keep us briefly informed on what is going on would be nice. Only needs to be something that takes a minute to put in a post.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It should be like this

• Like Like x 1
  10. MJP10

MJP10 The Basin of Jatemans AMS2 Club Member

Yeah my bad sorry dont want to misinform, probably a combination of desperate optimism and very bad memory.

I agree.

Re-read the last monthly update though and wonder if this is where I badly conjured that idea from...

Are we only going to get big milestone updates now maybe? Would be cool to find out, others here are much more informed than me, so I've had a look through the forum to get up to speed but the last info I have seen was the august development update so maybe I'm missing some info somewhere? Obviously roadmaps change so I hesitate to use much older info as whats being planned now as its likely different. Seems like a few of us are just curious to how/where its going, as 1.4 seemed like a kind of launch pad, then it fell a bit quiet..

Personally I'm still wondering if this will happen in 1.4 iteration or in a later build?

To be honest though what I really think has happened is Reiza has had a nice big summer holiday where they all met in Aruba and ate loads of food, played beach tennis, water polo and ****head, snorkeled, got sunburnt, painted a giraffe together, oil on canvas of course, and are only just now back to the office. If thats the case I'd totally understand. But at least give us an update when the giraffe painting will be available?

Happy Sunday all

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Exactly, take a look at 1:00 or 1:20. The car behaves with nervous slides and not with long slides when upshiftings or direction changes.
    Compare with the game (1:07 for example):

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

I was wondering, would it be feasible to make an equivalent of the ranking system but to play offline, a bit like on ACC. One problem I see is a difference between ai from one category to another. But I am not a developer and there is surely more than one problem. :)

13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep nice car.
    but I would call it lively rather than nervous, the car (F-V12) has improved tremendously over time and is now one of my favorites. good road behavior and brake and throttle response

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

The game in general and cars specifically had improved, obviously, but some physics and other things still need to be revised. Really don't you see the differences of behaviours between the real video and the game?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

I agree with you, I often have the feeling that some cars are too nice to us. Sometimes I think "Isn't it harder to drive the fastest cars in the world?!" On the other hand, I'm at 1009 hours on steam and 7 days and 23 hours in the game statistics. make it easier to create the race you want, its graphics and despite everything for its challenge. I still found myself with my F1 V12 completely destroyed in the wall of Road America, surprised by a loss of the rear on the go-around too optimistic. My favorite simulation because the best compromise in my eyes. But I agree with you for this little side "too nice to us". I hope to be clear with google translation :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Couple of points. I absolutely agree that not all cars are where they could be regarding their driving behaviour and I'm not saying the V12 is where it should be, but I thnk the comparison is lacking.
    • The AMS2 video is from June, so still on v1.3 instead of v1.4
    • One is Jean Alesi driving, who I know is very good. The other is some guy who's skills I do not know so I can't say if the car in game behaves differently because of wonky physics or wonky driving
    • It's a different track and slightly different weather conditions
    • Possible (probable) setup differences for the different track

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

This is something that I stopped to ask because people usually get offended (and it's not my intention with the question). Are people driving as the pro driver?

About this car... it feel disconnected from track COMPARED with other AMS2 formula cars. It's a complete abstract description of it, but it's what I can give lol

• Like Like x 3
  18. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Okay I'll try on my own, maybe I was wrong and I took an old physics video, sorry for it. Anyway, the sounds could be much better and others need to be fixed. :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. If you wanted a nervous car, wouldn't you make setup changes to reach that behavior?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The formula v12 was known to have a small issue that made it too easy to overpower the tires in certain situations. That's supposedly to be fixed in the next patch last I heard.

• Like Like x 3