1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The Main problem is when the release date of the next Patch is

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

When it's ready.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Racinglegend1234

fair point. I Will be quiet from now on about the update

4. Racinglegend1234

Wonder if AMS2 will add brake migration. Reiza said they have added the third brake pedal in an old McLaren (don’t know if you should see it in setup because I can’t). Would be fun to make the formula cars become more realistic with setup features to compete with Iracing.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The fiddle brake/brake steer of the MP4/12 is mapped by the "Extra Brake" control mapping.

It will always be automatically adjusted to brake the inside rear wheel of the track direction (so clockwise tracks brake the righthand wheel, counter-clockwise tracks brake the lefthand wheel, at figure eight case of Kansai it's set to brake the righthand wheel, the track has more RH corners and some of them are potentially more worth to be attacked with the system).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Racinglegend1234

Will you be adding brake migration?

7. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If I map that to my clutch, will it override my clutch (making it not functional on other cars) or will it only be active on that car?

8. CrimsonEminence

I can't tell you at this point.

9. CrimsonEminence

When you have mapped your clutch pedal to "extra brake" it will not work as a clutch.

10. Racinglegend1234

How do I use the extra brake to gain performance?

11. CrimsonEminence

You can get away with a more understeery car (reducing front downforce for example) and use the fiddle brake to gain turn-in for corners (especially fast ones, both acceleration but also deceleration) - given that you use it in the correct turns because it just works on one side depending on track direction, like mentioned.

Be aware that F-V10 gen1 cars have an aero quirk right now that makes its front lifting over crests, this will be addressed for the next update.

• Like Like x 3
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It brakes the inside rear wheel, which eliminates understeer. Use it to tighten the line if you push wide.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On the hybrid formula era, the drivers have to press the overtake button manually also with the deployment maps.

I map and use the boost/push to pass buttons but doesn't do anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

There is no "boost/push" button in FUltimate cars. You are probably wanting to config the DRS button or the power unity mode... both inputs are configurable in AMS2. The boost/push may work on some 80s F1 and other categories (as Stock Car Brasil, but there is a rule to use it only in a few situations and with a limited activations). The DRS will only work at a limited zones on F1 used tracks (there is trackside boards signaling where you can use it).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can watch current F1 onboards and see drivers (tbh I only paid attention once and it was Alonso, never bothered to check others) keeping a button pressed during some overtakes.

That is not DRS activation, but likely some engine boost, or some other mapping that increases power over a short period of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

You are right about the real cars. That is the "Attack Mode" (or "Overtake Mode"... don't remember how it's called ingame) of the MGU. In AMS2 you have to select it as a MGU setting, but in real cars there is a button to activate it (and, when released, automatically go back to the previous used mode). In RL F1, there is also a limit to how many activations drivers can do.

Maybe Reiza can give the option to activate it while the boost button is pressed, could help during races. Just don't create a new input, because my wheel had run out of available buttons lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know why ppl disagree with this, it's true ..If AMS2 had the 'up to snuff' MP system to work with LFM it would be off the chain right now as it had the popular vote to be the 2nd sim. but they could not incorporate it into their online system being peer-to-peer & lack of server controls. So rF2 got the spot & now rF2 numbers are through the roof :eek: .. I have been racing on 40 car servers for the last 2 weeks over there and that's with 3 splits every day! it's prob going to save MSG's ass:rolleyes: The 2nd & 3rd splits are not as full but still average 20+ & the ranking system is just like iracings or even better if you ask me. I so wanted AMS2 to make the cut over there but o_O..... I also enjoy rf2 as well and its taking off like mad so it's a win for simracing IMO.. ;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

A lot of people in here only live in the safe space echo chamber bubble that is this forum and believe that the most important part of a sim is to be able to hot lap as many cars as possible, in as many different weather slots as possible and that’s the key to success for any sim.
    They then question why this game is not popular, why can’t it hold its player base for more than a handful of weeks after an update, why are other sims consistently more popular, why does no one stream this game on you tube or twitch. How many times do you need to question this?
    The LFM discord poll, AMS2 was the most popular game by a landslide to get the LFM love that RF2 is now getting. But as you said AMS2 sadly couldn’t deliver, I would also add so many ridiculous bugs, especially corrupted pit stop save files and again the game hits another wall, whilst the others thrive and it’s beyond annoying, especially when you want AMS2 to truly succeed.
    I like to encourage discourse, but unfortunately when you bring in data for discussion that is not in line with this forums views, there is no conversation and the only response you get is I’ll press the red X button and that will do it.
    Why has RF2’s popularity spiked? No new DLC or update since the summer, the only big thing that happened to them is LFM, loads of promotion from you tubers like Dave Cam, Michi Hoyer and a ton of twitch streamers. Could it be that sim racers are competitive people, who want to practise offline and then take these practise sessions into a competitive online platform to earn safety ratings, performance ratings and have a sense of achievement and progression?
    Why is I racing so popular, that sim basically has no offline and you have to pay monthly, ACC again very popular and offers LFM scheduled races and Raceroom offers daily servers. There’s a trend here and I just can’t quite put my finger on it haha
    I want AMS2 to be a top dog, I have said this many many times, I want as many sims as possible to succeed, I support AMS2 by buying all their DLC, I have messaged praise on here and on discords when AMS2 has made great improvements and encouraged others to give it another try. I care about this sim and I want it to succeed! Ultimately that will not happen with no competitive online, sub par AI, absolutely no sense of progression or achievement both offline and online and I still maintain having a poor GT3 line up doesn’t help either.
    The steam charts go a long way to back up the criticisms and trends of this game. Unless someone can do more than a red X, to open my mind to look at other reasons why the popularity is plummeting again? I welcome the conversation.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well,maybe people disagree because he is saying that scheduled ranked races or a decent online competition system are not important, while you said yourself that they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

I am aware that there is still a lot of work to be done on AMS2 offline and online but keep in mind that all other sims have many more years of development.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1