1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Br1am

Br1am Member AMS2 Club Member

Unsure which of the rapidfire hotfixes exactly did the trick, but overall levels of grip on track have returned to normal again. There are still a couple of cars with poor handling, mentioned by others in this thread already, but those will probably be fixed on an individual level whenever the team has had a few good nights of sleep. Most cars are excellent to drive now, thanks Reiza!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I think that the probability exists that the devs are having difficulty running to ground some of the issues that have been mentioned.

I have been reading the various issues reported since v1.4 was released and then testing the same car and track combinations associated with many of them that have been mentioned, sometimes by multiple people.

There are several that I have tried that I am unable to reproduce on my own system, with my own wheel and pedals and VR headset. Everything seems fine and the cars drive very well, despite being described as nearly undrivable.

I've also seen a few complaints that, from the descriptions given, sound like car set up issues that can be easily changed in the set up screen for the particular car.

I uninstalled the game completely and deleted the settings folder in My Documents, then did a fresh install when v1.4 was released, rather than simply updating my existing install. Could this be why I'm unable to reproduce some of these issues?

I'm also wondering if perhaps some of the reported problems are encountered only with specific PC and peripheral combinations, and do not happen on other systems.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

No one should have to uninstall and reinstall, that’s unacceptable. I didn’t and I’m not getting the underivable cars. It’s weird as some are getting different experiences

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, its also unacceptable to blow your top over a theory that most likely even isnt true

5. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

True or not, I have found that several of the cars that have been reported as having problems do not have problems on my system and in fact drive remarkably well.

I agree that no one should have to reinstall, I mention that only because I wonder if that is a factor. Hopefully, it is not.

As Don Hunter said above, it's rather mystifying that people are having very different experiences.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

You’re funny. You must have a crystal ball, if you do it’s not working right. The post wasn’t to you anyway. Put the Kool aid down

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Doesn't matter. The system with v1.4 has created a different folder for settings so whether you deleted any setup folder or not it doesn't matter anymore. If all goes to plan and no bugs, v1.4 already implement the functionality for the developers to reset your setups when physics are changed with the update so you don't have to do it manually.

• Informative Informative x 4
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I use a Logitech Driving Force GT and ain't experiencing any FFB issue, but you can diminish each vehicle FFB gain in race menu. Maybe this can help.

I really believe that Reiza should release a fictional Copa Truck kit with aero package and gear ratio for oval tracks. This is asking to happen... this is begging to happen... just let it happen, Reiza!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

LOL, I can hardly recall a PC game or sim that I devoted a significant amount of time in that I haven't had to--okay, chosen to--uninstall in preparation for and then reinstall in response to a major update (e.g., AMS2 V1.4). Anyone remember the early days of Falcon 4.0?

Besides, clean install = clear conscience = clear(er) criticism!;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Ok great, many thanks for the response

11. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Agree. Tried the McLaren F1 LM and it's even less drivable than before. I find it almost impossible to brake even at low speeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Given the increased level of complexity inherent in AMS2 (e.g., dynamic weather & track conditions, a wide array of car classes, modern vs. historic vehicles, and so on) as well as the number of possible PC spec & peripheral combinations available (along with custom FFB settings, etc.), it's safe to say there will always be a level of variability that ensures lively debate--and a lingering, inescapable amount of discontent.

• Like Like x 4
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Regarding the FFB of trucks and SC2, the output signal is quite strong, and I dialed the per-car ffb to its lowest level (50%) but, it was still too much for me. I then created a new AMS2 ffb profile in True Drive with reduced servo output (Strength / Power setting). That way, all I have to do is choose that profile in TD, and I'm all set.

Regarding the oscillation issue, that happens when you don't use enough Damping or Friction, in your FFB. AMS2 ffb works more dynamically (per car characteristics) when you use the in-game ffb Damping setting (I use about 40% in AMS2 / 0% in TD / 15-17% Friction). You can apply the Damping in TD alone but, it won't be as dynamic as the in-game Damping.

Friction (TD) adds a more linear layer of weightiness to the steering, and is totally user preference. Damping affects steering response "Speed" and stability. If the oversteer effect (back end) seems to be lagging behind, you know the Damping is a bit too high. If the wheel reacts too quickly (to slides), Damping is too low. If oscillation occurs, Damping is way too low.

You should be able to let go of the wheel on straights and have zero issues with oscillation. I have mine set so that I can throw the wheel to one side, and it will return to center and stabilize without my input, even in the big trucks.

• Useful Useful x 2
  15. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

Hi, has anyone else also the problem that Sim Commander 4 / Simvibe is not working anymore? I can not get it to work anymore in any way. I also installed today the FSR mod but Iid not tested SC before.

16. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

They put soft, medium and hard tires on cars that only had one type of slick tire, but I noticed that in the FORMULA REIZA they removed the wet tire, leaving only the inter and extreme tire (useless tire, for riding in mud and snow)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

18. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Thanks. That's about right what I use to test.
    I also use shakers that increase a lot of perception missing in FFB.

But don't get me wrong, AMS2 also has amazing things others don't have :)

19. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

There seems to be an issue with Copa Trucks that means spectating other players doesn't work properly online, it shows the sky or the void below the track. I've had it happen on two different systems now, has anyone else seen this?

20. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use SC4, used it earlier today and no problem here. Maybe the FSR mod is interfering with it. Could it be a shared memory issue?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1