1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

Hello, thank you for the tip. I reinstlled AMS2 for the update and, yes, one has to enabel shared memory for it to work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

Thanks for your reply. It was the shared memory option I did not activate after reinstalling the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you think this is exclusive to streamers or the mainstream audience in general?

While I agree with your overall point, I think this is probably how the vast majority of users also behave. In some ways, you can't really blame them. Should someone have to come to the forums to work our whether a car in the game is WIP and therefore lower their expectations of it?

I do think some more pointers in the game would be useful. E.g. "The current rubber state of the track is low. You will notice much less grip and should drive within 90% of the maximum."

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do agree that the initial track state (green/light/medium/heavy rubber) should be mentioned in the garage screen, just like the track temperatures are. Especially in MP lobbies it's not obvious what was selected by the host.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I don't think is hardware/sitting position (in my case, cannot speak for others), because other sims feel right, even though they're very different from each other (form, intensity, etc.).
    I have TR160 rig and followed the applicable norms getting the right seat postion (for instance,
    ).

As you say, there is a strong component of subjectivity and, by definition, that cannot be translated into objective parameters.
    This year I've been racing AMS2 almost exclusivelly, and that should say a lot about my feelings towards this sim.
    Recently bought RR, and 30-60m later (yes, at my age nothing is fast anymore :) ) I already felt the car in a way I related to rF2 kind of feeling. My brain got used to AMS2 but I don't get the visual and FFB sensations others offer. And boy, Madness engine is light years ahead.
    RR's and rF'2 AI are also in another level, but Reiza already said their not happy with present implementation. So, I'm good. They will get there because they acknowledge the problems.
    My feelings towards Reiza are in an high level! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think AMS2 UI could be more informative of certain aspects of grip.
    I think the community at large obviously cannot always be fully knowledgeable of everything and that is absolutely understandable.
    A bit less understandable is when a streamer/influencer instead pretends to do a review and talk about what "should be" or what is right or wrong.
    There is where our community expectations should be for the highest standards not a comedian who can't setup a car or his hardware in a reasonable way and with very little knowledge of how a car should behave and then through that dictate what direction developers should take leveraging on the force of their (often pretty toxic) audience.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

something like this? 2015-peterbilt-389-trucks-in-tulsa-ok.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To play devil's advocate, these popular streamers have large audiences (relative to the size of sim racing) so maybe they do represent the majority of people's knowledge / views / way they play the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Joaquim Pereira

BTW, yesterday I took Porsche GT1 for a spin at Spa '22 and I need to put AI at 120% to have a fight (kind of). I'm not alien, but relatively fast in AMS2. I must relate something to AMS2 physics/cars :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Are you talking of running the oval in rain. I was running 50% radiator but Ai and high aggression. They’re suppose to fix the Ai in a patch I thought

12. Joaquim Pereira

I don't think they represent in that sense, they just have their own oppinions.
    I don't agree with GM's comments about GT3/other cars comparision, don't agree with FFB comments, but that's fine - I tend to stay away from confirmation biases, where we just want to listen to people who agree with us (confirming our points of view) - that doesn't lead to my personal progress. I like to hear divergent opinions and the rational behind it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Ettore

I am

14. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

YouTubers, content creators, influencers opinions should be treated with a pinch of salt at least. Just because they're popular doesn't mean they know what they're talking about (some of them do of course) and they shouldn't be treated as oracles where their opinions are listened by thousands if not millions.

We have different opinions here, on this forum after having hours of experience and we're often arguing about various aspects. Don't expect agreement with any YouTuber like you wouldn't here. Do what brings the fun for you instead of ending up in a nitpicking competition that ruins the fun. Life's too short for that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Ettore

They just represent people who like comedy. The vast majority of users don't follow streamers. And even those who do look at people like GM are there for the comedy more than the racing which often is a filler between half hours of show.
    I mean no disrespect to the audience, but often people who follow YTers like GM aren't there because he is knowledgeable. They just like the comedy he puts up.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ettore

It's AI calibration matter. Has little to do with physics.

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

oops, wrong forum, sry

18. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

That’s a very good point.

There are a few streamers I follow who play sims that I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole though. The best popular streamers tend to be fairly neutral and constructive (well, maybe not JB in AMS2 terms!!). They generally try to avoid binary opinions (e.g. Super_GT and our own very excellent Tarmac Terrorist).

Guys like GM and Hamsandwich (ugh!), rely on a presentation form based on massive ego and preening vanity (it’s quite deliberate). Don’t be fooled by the self-deprecation they constantly wave around: these guys think the world of themselves!

Anyway, subscribing to a streamer doesn’t mean subscribing to their opinions by any means. It is a major problem for optics though, when the current top AMS2 search result on YouTube is a hit piece so at odds with many others objective experience.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I love SRB's approach when it comes to simracing. He can be quite fast with some cars, but he does not take it too seriously and obviously just wants to have fun. He can still laugh when making a silly mistake and does not go berserk.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Dafuq? Is that a real thing?