1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

It's just a sore loser's excuse to not do any useful setup changes, by implying (even if in a provocative way) that setup changes are akin to cheating.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. It comes from sims with bad aerodynamics modelling where running zero rear wing is always 1-2 seconds faster no matter which circuit or car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I’ve never really watched any of the GM videos but I just watched his latest one on ams2. The first 20 minutes he lived it. I think with a lot of the YouTubers, they jump right in the car and never look at the setup. He liked the gt3 a lot and most gt3 cars are pretty good, a lot of grip, tires don’t spin up etc…As he said the other cars need a lot of work, to some point he’s right the default setup is lacking. I prefer the GTE cars, I think they feel the best to me, better then iracing(I hate IRacing’s slow lazy no return spin)and I’ve been there since the last beta. I came to ams2 in December for the CART cars and those setups out of the box are pretty good( take off the group qualifying in ovals)I think most “sims” make the default setup pretty tight so the avg user doesn’t die in every corner. I’m pretty sure GM never made any tweaks to any of the cars he ran.

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There is a german kid called "Mabix", who tested AMS 2 after update 1.3 after some time he had not touched the game and was complaining about the strange behaviour of the cars he tried.
    But he even was too lazy to read the patch notes stating that you had to delete your entire tuningsetups - folder to reset all setups to original settings in order to avoid a broken driving experience.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please name a specific car that you fell behaves this way.

If you think it is every car, then either you are having FFB issues and I would strongly recommend the one I posted and use 90/25/75/0 (I run a very similar wheel) or AMS2 may not be the sim for you. RaceRoom cars are very "sticky" imo and maybe better to your liking.

6. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Ditto.

7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thinknhe reflects the average prrson who does not read patch notes. Whilst I go through all of them line by line at least twice, I also think the majority of people dont care about exact details and might never get the message about setup deletion. This is why its good that AMS2 has a new solution for this.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes that is GM word for describing those that go faster through aero adjustments.
    I mean really, how can we take seriously someone with those ideas or someone who says that changing setups from baseline is equivalent to cheating... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The biggest problem he has is that he is driving AMS2 smashing on the brakes and thinking that the more he brakes the more the front of the car should become oversteering because that is how it works in AC and iracing (although for two very different reasons).
    So when he doesn't get the suped duper aggressive turn in he likes, the next thing he does is moving BB 5% backward and then he ends up in the wall.
    I've seen that for 2-3 streams, always the same, while making comedy.
    That is not a serious simracing stream, it's a comedy. His feedbacks can't be taken seriously cause he doesn't have the first clue.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Thankfully Hammy has moved on to being another GT guy with a few sprinklings of BeamNG, meaning the more hardcore sim fans aren't as weighed down by his presence :whistle: What's the deal with his thumbnails too? Half of them have THIS IS NOT REAL on them like surely we get the point by now

Eitherway I have better things to do than s***talk YouTubers, the best solution is to just not watch them and ignore their opinions mostly

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You are right, most ppl do not care about update notes.

But at least when having troubles with a recently updated sim, a guy who claims to be "THE" experienced simracer (as many youtubers do) should be smart enough to read those notes in Steam or the official forum before making fun about the devs in public.

Example: After latest update, some of my Custom AI files did not work anymore when trying oval tracks. But instead of producing a video for YT, I came to the forum and asked for a clue. A few minutes later, I got the information that you need additional files on ovals for cars which have specific low downforce aeros.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

They’re just that, opinions. You’ll get a lot of them, they’re like a**holes, everyone has them
    I like my car to feel a certain way and why I’m
    No fan of “fixed” races. Some will say, it evens the field and the best driver wins, adapts. That’s fine but I want to enjoy the experience and driving a Dump truck isn’t fun. To each his own

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

After perusing the most recent batch of AMS2 V1.4 reaction videos on YouTube, I had to thrash the BMW M1 around Osterreichring '77 to attempt to unwind the time I had lost from my life. If I ever make that mistake again, I'll need Doc Brown's Delorean to redress the loss.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

The biggest problem I have found is trying to find the time to enjoy all the sims out there.

I'm currently loving rF2 and the new BTCC cars, along with the GTE's on the new tyre model, then there's ACC where I got my LFM license only to not having the time to play it due to v1.4 coming out.

Damn this job and wife and kids! Don't they know I have sims to play!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Speaking of the M1, seeing the treatment all of the historic cars have gotten (save for the currently broken ones of course) really makes me think historic cars are Reiza's strong suit, I'd pay good money for them to make a proper historic sim in the vein of GPL or GTL
    ...When the historic cars aren't doing their historic car thing and breaking down randomly right in front of you of course :whistle:

• Like Like x 5
  17. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

It's magic?! I think most of us had written off the pedestrian TSI already.
    I've no clue what they did to it, was it ever mentioned in the notes even?
    I remember it to be quite terrible, and it feels amazing now. Exactly what I'd expect from it in terms of handling.
    I could lap Nords like that for days, it has Touristenfahrten written all over it.

Thanks for pointing out this gem of a combo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A wasted YT drama fuel ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Good news! Touristenfahrten AMS for tintops with real weather and current date and TF KOW for optimal Kart and Open Wheeler challenge exists (both now with Max damage and AMDM on) ;)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  20. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Is there anyway to fix the problem with real weather and the windows clock it really annoying to have to keep re syncing it.

• Agree Agree x 1