1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I played with a mixed of sunlight and rain and I notice AIs tend to slow down a bit when rain start and i bypass all 31 cars to take over #1 position. The odd thing is...it doesn't show I'm #1...it shows I'm 32 or something...which I thought was odd.

2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't focus on the negative, focus on the positive:

Always room for improvement of course and this video does a good job of describing how good the game is currently and how much better it could be after just a few tweaks.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

running in oval at 200+ mph in the rain is sac religious

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Someone forgot to tell NASCAR:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

^^^ The lol circus

6. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nascar on ice !

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I must be a cheater. I use Test Day a lot, and spend a lot of time adjusting set ups and doing test laps, then adjusting again, and so on. :p

From what I've observed over the years, there are a lot of, "sim racers" out there who seem to think that unless a, "racing sim" drives like a rhinoceros on roller skates, it isn't, "realistic". If that was true, funerals in the real life racing community would be a far more common occurrence. And a lot fewer people would choose to go racing.

Real race cars represent the cutting edge of automotive technology. They're so capable that you'd be startled at the difference between a race car and even an expensive, high performance street car.

Speaking about the driving physics and nothing else, Automobilista 2 in its current state is the first title that I've encountered to which I've considered applying the title, "Racing Simulator" with any serious intent. The rest I consider racing games.

The ambitious crew at Reiza Studios continues forward, and I have no doubt that when they've ironed out all the wrinkles, we'll have a full-fledged racing simulator. We are definitely on our way.

I've done some direct comparisons with the other popular titles, and the difference is night and day. I wouldn't pay much attention to critics who have never raced in real life.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I agree with it... but don't expect to be fun when it's not.

If you want a good experience, try the Classic G1M1... I put 430Km/h at Monza Oval at some updates ago... maybe it can be done again.

After I posted it I spent some time with the car and now believe that you are right.

Initially, I liked the behavior because it seamed to be setup related. The power ramp is, by default, too low (40... usually it's over 70) and could explain the behavior. Them I changed it to 80 and my laps became faster... but the front tyres were getting too much load and being wasted much more than it should (at Spa, just before two laps my front tyres were considerably wasted... around 1/6 of the HUD indicator) while the rear tyres were practically new... when you change the differential as I did, it was supposed to occur the exactly opposite. With the default setup the front still waste faster than the rear, but not even close to that much.

I believe that there is a issue with the ground effect because at very low speeds (under 80km/h) the car behaves as supposed.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's what GM claims about everyone faster than him, even if it's fixed setups. I had an old playlist of times I joined his stream and he'd claim I was cheating, but he removed those old streams. :whistle:

Credit due, he did spot the diff issue that most of us (other than Crimson) couldn't identify. That said, I do have to disagree with him about the FFB, I prefer the FFB in AMS2 to most other sims (AC included).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I enjoy the Daytona and Fontana ovals so far especially Daytona. I thought it will boring but man...I can't wait to get back into it. It is competitive and that's what makes it fun. Now, I'm wishing for more oval tracks.

11. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder how you know
    How they live in Tokyo
    If you see me
    then you meanie
    Then you know you have to go...
    FAST AND FURIOUS...

I already posted this elsewhere, so its a known problem. But 200mph drifting needs to be a thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes this definitely looks like what I have been experiencing, it seems like car does not lose downforce with yaw, and coupled with tyres being able to hold high slip angles, you end up being able to save the car from insane angles that should have been an instawreck.

This is why I couldn't understand the people who claimed that CARTs cannot be controlled on an oval. On my end, it's exactly the opposite.

I wish Reiza could give a long look to how aero is behaving on open wheelers and prototypes. To me, it's the main physics flaw remaining to be solved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does the AMS2 demo get updated with changes to the applicable parts of the main game? If not, then it might be worth it for Reiza to do an update as long as it's relatively trivial to do. Sounds like the content in the demo would be a better representation of the game if it was in its 1.4 form.

In case Reiza runs out of stuff to do. :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Just tried in Fontana with the three FUsa.I too experienced oversteer, despite having set the steering wheel to 21 as degrees of steering in the in-game setup (default is 18).And I also feel very strong the FFB despite having lowered it to 50%.for these cars I usually keep it at 60% on road tracks, but here also 50% feels really heavy.
    :)

15. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I did not experience oversteer at Fontana. I mean, I do the first couple of laps, but just need to be gentle with the throttle. It doesn't seem unrealistic at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I’ve only ran the Gen2 98 cars but not a bit of oversteer. It would push badly so I tweaked the setup. The weight jacker works, not as much as it should but I’ve felt the difference. I know there was a hot fix at 8:00est yesterday so I’ll need to see if there’s and difference. Hopefully they fixed the Ai from being freaky (too fast). And the debris that’s being left on track from crashes. Also, cars with problems park on the grass before pit entrance smoking lol

17. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I'll tell you the opposite... Formula Ultimate Gen2 feels good (and some other high performance formulas also felt good in the past, but haven't drive them recently).

Perhaps the harder the suspension, the better it feels (for instance, I like GT1 class - after driving the Porsche in a similar system, I bought AMS2 :)).

In proper thread, I suggested a menu dial for oscilacitions amplitude (and more damping in car visual oscillations) - could those do the trick? ;)

18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It was similar issue with aero sensitivity to yaw when the road version of Indy came out. It was adjusted in the following week or two after release. Pretty sure Reiza is already aware and probably will fine tune it in the short term future

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Crimson said they need a little more time in the oven and would be inclined to agree. Especially comparing the cars from launch which drove perfectly to now.
    Look at the speeds, I'm loosing traction at 220 when I should be able to run flat out on new tires and a low fuel load. It will be sorted, hopefully today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. RDG

RDG Active Member

Are there any plans to improve the audio side of the sim?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1