1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Are you reading my mind? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Free your mind and your ass will follow!:)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

physics on the CART cars are good, I like the feel of the tires and it has good yaw. The first few times it started heading south I panicked (thought I was on iracing, little yaw there, tiny weenie lol) and backed out.

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

We all had done that before! And we are not telling "Fake news" to make that clear.
    If you read my posts carefuly you should know what we said.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

What does "AMDM" mean?

6. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Advanced Mechanical Damage Modelling, it's the new damage system

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please read the opening post. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

People have been talking like it’s on all cars. Even I read this

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

The physics feel really good now, i really hope they will improve the curbs next as they are a big immersionbreaker for me. They look jagged and low poly (not all of them, of course). On some cirquits, they even come with incorrect geometry, namely on the Nurburgring and Kyalami. I could be wrong though.

10. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Hi Paul. I deleted everything except the downloaded skins in my Vehicles folder. I need to test things further, but like I said, everything felt ‘tighter’. I always delete the document folder after every update, but this is the first complete reinstall for a year and a half.

11. CatAstrophe05

Are you guys sure it isn't a placebo effect? Crimson has already said I think twice now that fresh installs won't change much (I say, making a fresh install as I type this but do as I say, not as I do and all that :whistle:)

12. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

It is definitely a placebo as verifying and deleting documents will fix everything that could be caused by files.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Today? (After update)

Perhaps you can give the worst case scenario your having. track/car weather/temps etc giving the problems you mention. It can then be tested compared by people and possibly with same wheel / ffb settings etc. or at least a simple comparison /illustration may be obtained.
    Update this end in short test today has solved addressed some issues in short test with troubled cars.

14. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

F-Retro Gen2 now turns in well, but the rear tires overheat insanely quick and it becomes undrivable very quickly. Not sure whether tire pressures help there; feels a little excessive if nothing else.

(Tested car: Brabham)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

That’s running the default setup?

16. CatAstrophe05

Yeah I tested the Lotus at Brands and the rear tires are pinned at 90-100 while the fronts keep at about 70-80

The Formula Classic G3 tires seem to overheat a bit quickly too but it's not as bad as the Retro

17. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a way to globally adjust the horizon "line"? The center of my monitor is above my eye line and in another sim I race online I make this adjustment which effects all cars. This is not the same as simply moving the seat up or down or pitching the view for every individual car.

18. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

they need a redline on screen to make that and have it per car

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Of course. I then tried to counter it by adding rear downforce, but it didn't help.

20. Matt The Sim Racers Arms

Matt The Sim Racers Arms Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was so excited for V1.4 to drop and I really want to enjoy all of the cars not just a select few. I'm a fan, anyone who has seen my posts or YouTube channel will know I am.
    The Indy cars are good, the F1 Gen 2's are good, the JCW Mini's are great, some GT3's have taken a step back but the Ginetta G55 GT3 feels great. Also, the way some cars go up on two wheels over some of the curbs is far more realistic than V1.3.

My very humble opinion is...
    Tire 'feel' has been reduced/lost since V1.3 on most existing cars especially front end tire detail, a similar thing happened around 18 months ago.

Worst experience so far Formula Trainer's (both), any track, like driving on ice (try Oulton Park), zero tire feel, still plenty of bumps/suspension feel, rear tires overheated within 3 or 4 laps even with careful throttle. I've driven a 2006 Formula Ford which is almost identical and these cars - it's light, nimble, balanced with just the right balance of power to grip. Not like the hovercraft we have again now.

MetalMoro MRX Duratec P4 in V1.3 was the best it ever felt, V1.4.2 now has no front end 'bite' and is also way too much tire slip and again no tire detail as in V1.3.

BMW 2002 not great but fun in V1.3, now so much tire slip it's more like a rally car on ice & back tires last just 3 laps.

As for the Caterham's, they don't feel right either (even after spending hours adjusting FFB & back again) it just doesn't feel right, also WAY to much slip! Take a look at an onboard real life video of the Caterham Academy cars at Oulton Park in the dry or wet & watch how much slip there is, then drive one in AMS2 - no comparison. I own a Westfield 7 (Caterham Superlight) and there is so much more immediacy, detail, feel, balance and grip UNTIL you push really hard. In V1.3.8 Caterham's/F Trainers were OK but the whole feel feel of the cars needs to be somewhere half way between AMS2 V1.4.2 and RF2 (which is also not perfect).

Again, just my humble opinion (& 980+ hours in AMS2 :D)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3