1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Justdave

Justdave Member

Then I guess this game isn't for me. Been sim racing since Race 07 hit steam and all of SIMBIN's finest. Weekly races with RaceDepartment. Whatever. Did a few years on iRacing...it's cool.

2. Justdave

Justdave Member

And to be clear all this started because I was responding to this:

Sorry I did.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

If you can't set up a car worth beans, how did you convict the people who can of lying?

Bah! You wouldn't want a tutorial written by me. It would just be hogwash and Bull**** mostly.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The F-Trainer(s) was identified as a car not yet stabilized on the new physics/tires. It is not worth fiddling with set-up options until it is "fixed." The OldStock is another one.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Justdave

Justdave Member

Who the f**k said anyone was lying? Dude. This right here. THIS RIGHT HERE.. the hell is wrong with you?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I think that you are the one missing the point. If you think that there is any magic with setup that can make all the cars behave as a docile popular street car or the Blue Falcon, it simply doesn't exists. Some cars simply aren't supposed to be friendly.

It could be easy if you point the car you are struggling and hope to get some driving tips.

How can't you setup a car them? This is the kind of knowledge that you carry from one sim to another and even between simulation and RL.

BTW... most of default setups on Race 07 and other Simbin games are considerably harder to drive than most of AMS2 cars. Hell... even a WTCC BMW in RACE07 is trickier to drive than most of the high end open wheelers in AMS2. And I'm not even getting into the sht tire model in iRacing, that made even pro F1 drivers gone mad during pandemic's lives.

There are, today, only a small number of broken cars in AMS2... anything else is pretty drivable with default setups. Can you record you driving, preferably with the "throttle/brake indicator" on HUD and visible game steering wheels? Maybe them we can understand what are you talking about.

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I definitely agree about the Old Stock, but I like the F-Trainer Advanced.

Oh, lots of things are wrong with me.

So, explain this to me, I'm confused. People who spew hogwash and bull**** are not liars?

Who knew?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The default set-ups in the game are perfectly driveable and many are actually very nice. There are a small number of cars that are not "finished" in terms of the latest 1.4 physics and tires. Set-up fiddling will not save them.

@CrimsonEminence said it was encouraged (not required) to learn the very basics of set-ups. A bunch of other people have said the same thing and explained that no race cars in real life use a single set-up for every track or weather condition. Despite that, you can use the default set-up to have some fun on any track if you are not concerned about being competitive.

AMS and AMS 2 are the ultimate "hop in and drive" simulators if you just enjoy taking a wide variety of cars out for a spin at a wide variety of tracks. May I ask which default set-ups you find problematic?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Justdave

Justdave Member

This is getting out of hand. My comments were made because I disagreed with Crimson's comment way back there.....My comments were taken personally (and I didn't help by commenting more..) and some people say I am wrong. That's cool. I probably am. You know, it's my game, my money spent, my experiance with the game and the few cars I enjoy that has been noted and taken into consideration. Cool. Rock on and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Peace. I apologize. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Jivesauce

Jivesauce Colin Alexander AMS2 Club Member

The thing is, you misinterpreted Crimson's post from the very start. He was just saying everyone can learn to do those things, not that they have to, which is what you keep putting in his mouth. I really don't understand what you're losing your mind about here, it seems that the sim already has what you want. I do very little setup work myself unless I'm running in a competitive league, and every car I have tried has been perfectly drivable with the default setup, so what is it that you're looking for that it doesn't have already? Maybe I have missed your actual request somewhere in the posts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Folks, let's chill out ;)

When it comes to car feel, everyone prefers slightly different things, but one thing should be made abundantly clear no matter what:
    The setups in AMS2 are for the most part compromises, that are at a very competent level of depth in adjustments. When you look at some of the damper histograms many cars have on several tracks, it's a piece of art - i might be biased but you can't say, that they aren't capable.

No one is forced into making adjustments of course. But each racing driver in real life knows, what a stiffer front ARB or more front ride height and rear wing does, that's nothing really time consuming given that some cars even have adjustable onboard ARB to manage balance and tire wear over longer stints. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Yes, Latifi has often been heard over the radio just before he comes off the track saying "I wonder what this ARB button does" :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand anything about car setups generally because everything I do makes "it" (whatever it is) worse. I've spend days working on setups in iracing, only making things worse.

Car is naturally understeery...
    *Add front wing*
    Still understeers
    *lowers rear wing*
    Still understeers
    *soften front suspension*
    Still understeers
    *stiffen rear suspension*
    Still understeers
    *changes tire pressures*
    Still understeers and now 5 seconds a lap slower.
    *changes ride height by a millimeter*
    Car is now completely undriveable with horrific snap oversteer
    *undo all changes minus ride hight*
    BACK TO BLOODY UNDERSTEER UNTIL IT SNAPS LOOSE.

And then you give up and download some esports setup for $7 and the dude has max toe out front, max tow in rear, rear wing maxed, front wing none existent, front end 3 inches higher than the back yet IT DRIVES PERFECTLY and its instantly 0.5 a second faster than you've ever been before.

Car setup is pure voodoo, the only thing I screw with is gear ratios, steering rack, and occasionally rear wing.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

I picked up a penalty for speeding in pits during a quali session

but it didn’t give me the penalty , is it a bug or an option somewhere ?

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The penalty gets applied the 2nd time you overspeed or if you endure speeding actually. Could be indicated more clearly certainly.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But thats the reason if a sim. Learn and become able to setup your car

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. pfoetiman76

pfoetiman76 New Member AMS2 Club Member

In the beginning of my simracing „career“, I started with PCars2, I spent hours and hours in making setups. I bought a book about car setup in RL, read 1000 of posts in different community boards, watched countless YT Videos about setting up a car, bought setups, specific software, and so on. In the end it didn‘t make me faster at all. What really helped was, when a friend, a really fast driver, watched while I was driving and corrected my drivingstyle on the fly. In this time a wanted to be a competative driver.

Now I only want to have fun and have a good time with my friends, sharing what we all like, simracing. So I only use the standard setup and maybe do some small changes, like rear wing and ARB.

There happens enough bullsht on earth, let‘s calm down and have fun together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

There appears to be a problem with TT modes, i get around 140 fps in race with a full grid but just over 60 fps in TT with only my car on track. I really hope Reiza are looking into this because it makes TTOTW unplayable for me dropping down so many frames, the lag is horrendous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

This was my first setup flow guide that I used since GTR2 days and it still work if you do the due adaptations:

http://kuukahvila.com/yardan74/random/SRW/SDEv/GTR2+and+Universal+Set+Up+Giuide.17.pdf

This other text is from the same era (despite in this link being dated from 2022) and is one of the first material I ever got about racing car setup (around the same era from the before mentioned GTR2 guide):

The "ULTIMATE" Racing Car Chassis Setup Guide and Tutorial

@steelreserv (Steelcast27 at YT)also made some videos that I didn't saw entirelly, but used to understand the differential nomenclature used in AMS2 and could verify that that video had good content and may be useful.

PS: About what you said... your car may be understeering because of mechanical sets, as differential, ARB, wheel toe/camber or even suspension... even the steering wheel angle lock influences a lot. Just follow the GTR2 flow and you will be fine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I keep telling myself every night, James try out different cars!
    But I can’t, I’m absolutely addicted to the Chevy Stock Car 2022 and the Porsche GT3 Cup 4.0.
    These two cars are absolute masterpiece’s and two of my favourite sim racing cars of all time!
    Bravo!

• Like Like x 2