1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I lost my FFB today and couldn't figure out what was happening; I thought it was playing with AMS2 settings, but noticed it was all games.

Found this Steam thread, and a post which led to the video on YT, working now! Posting in case anyone else is having issues and can't figure it out (GHub update related).

Also sorry if someone already posted :p

Logitech G29 force feedback disabled :: Automobilista 2 General Discussions

(Edit: wrong thread really, meant to post in FFB :p)

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting, how much is the suggestion to reduce it by?

3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

It depends on the car. I'm two days older than dirt, so I'm used to the old stuff. With a typical old days type, I tend to run caster in the 3.0 to 3.5 range.

But newer cars can run higher caster without inducing the undesirable traits. Most of them won't even allow settings as low as 3.0 to 3.5. You have to do some testing. I still tend to run caster down near minimum, but sometimes they won't go lower than 7.0 or 9.0 or whatever. And you don't always want it as low as it will go.

And different type cars react differently. I'll run higher caster on the GT Classics '74 911 than I would on the same class C-3R.

And, it can also depend on the track and the type of racing that you're doing. Indy Cars, for example, on an oval, you might run different caster on the right than you do on the left. But take the same car to a road course, and that will call for something else.

Play with it until you start getting a feel for what it's doing with the car and track in question. Before long, you'll have a general idea of about where you want to be with the caster for a particular car and track.

• Like Like x 1
  4. F1Aussie

Yeah, sounds like I have a bit of testing to try. Where you one of the ones that did a fresh instal? If so did you notice any difference?

5. Justdave

Justdave Member

Fanatec wheel and pedals. Old stuff. CSR I think? Xbox 360 Forza branded. Love it! Would love to upgrade but $$$ and stuff. Not in the cards anytime soon. :(

6. Justdave

Justdave Member

And again. I want to apologize for...everything. I do love this game, and Reiza is a top notch studio, no doubt. AMS1 is just brilliant, and it will be the same with AMS2. No doubt.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I actually began with a fresh install when v1.4 was released. Uninstalled v1.3xxx or whatever it was, dumped the folder in, "My Documents", eliminated AMS2 from my computer completely, then installed v1.4 from scratch and set everything up fresh and all. So, I've been running on a fresh install since the beginning of the v1.4 era. And every time a hot fix has come, I've dumped the, "My Documents" folder and set up fresh again, including recalibrating my wheel and pedals. I've kept an eye on the version number on the home screen, and even verified file integrity a couple of times.

So I have nothing to compare to. It's been fresh since day one, and meticulously maintained.

What I do notice is that I'm not experiencing any of the commonly reported problems, other than the issues that Reiza has acknowledged and is working on.

But, I don't know to what I can legitimately attribute my relatively problem-free experience. It could be because I installed fresh. Other people have said that their situation improved after reinstalling.

But, I would think that dumping the, "My Documents" folder and verifying file integrity would take care of that. Maybe clearing your Steam cache as well.

The reason that I started fresh was to get rid of old mod residue. Nothing serious, skins custom drivers, an old custom FFB file, etcetera.

So I don't know. If you have fast Internet, you could try it. But I'd dump the settings folder, clear my Steam cache, and verify file integrity first. I just can't see how that would fail to do the trick. But, yes, I'm running AMS2 almost completely trouble-free. I just don't know why.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. F1Aussie

It just taking a fair bit of fiddling to get it the way you like but that is the same as other sims. I am sure if you stick with it you will learn how to get it sorted. The FFB setup can certainly help too.

9. F1Aussie

You have convinced me to give it a go today!

10. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Well, good luck, and I hope that you find that it was worth it. Several people have said that it helped. Let us know if it works for you or not. :)

11. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In Helmet Cam when you “look back” no wing but in cockpit view it’s there. Would be an improvement if added for TrackIR users (maybe VR too, not sure).

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  12. F1Aussie

Sure, will do

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sadly this is an SMS thing as you can't see the tires/wings in any of the PC1/PC2 car mirrors either:eek::(, .. I don't know how easy this would be to add but I don't think it's a simple task:rolleyes: .... AMS1 uses the g-motor rF1 engine that rF2 also uses & they both have excellent mirror renders.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

With so many questions about a complete wipe & reinstalling vs simply deleting the AMS2 folder in my doc's, I started looking around for some info & found some interesting stuff regarding STEAM & STEAM CLOUD. It appears that modern games like AMS2 use the steam cloud & will restore most of what you had to the same state it was as long as you don't wipe everything off the HD including anything left in %APPDATA% & the registry to completely remove all instances as it would if you were reformating windows..
    So if your issues involve something that's being saved in the cloud just deleting a folder & running an integrity check might just give you back the same issues ..
    The steam cloud is on by default and can be turned off manually and might make a difference but IDK....
    Some info I found:

Older games had all in one place (savegames were generally kept with the game files). In these cases, uninstalling them will probably delete any progress.

Modern games usually create a separate directory somewhere under the “documents” folder where progress is kept, thus if you uninstall and reinstall a game on the same PC you keep your progress.

Most recent games have also a “cloud save” feature, where progress is saved on the Steam servers as well as locally, thus progress is always maintained.

Several server-based games have data stored on a remote server rather than locally (i.e. MMO games or games like Diablo III), so you only need to keep your account data (username/password).

Generally, in most cases, you keep your progress. But there are a few cases (mostly older games) where you might lose progress.
    Uninstalling won't delete your save files, unless you choose to do so (GOG games ask you if you want to keep your save files when you uninstall).

In most cases save files are stored under Documents > My Games or some other folder under Documents. And Steam stores your save files in the Steam Cloud if the game supports that.

Your save files will always be there even after you uninstall or reinstall, but they will be gone if your entire computer breaks or you do a Reformat on your Windows.

Im actually more confused now than i was LOL ..Im on a fresh install after windows 10 reinstall & don't have any of the unnoted game issues...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Sega should pay Reiza to have their logo in AMS2. I wouldn't bother, however, if they change Sega's logo for Tec Toy's... just saying

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Kro, you may have solved the mystery! As it happens, when I install a game on Steam, one of the first things that I do is right click on the title, select, "Properties", and manually disable the Steam Cloud and all that crap.

The only thing that I leave on is the Steam Overlay In-Game. The Steam Cloud starts out, and remains disabled.

Could this be the root cause of the reinstall mystery? :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any chance of a Asian DLC in the next season pass featuring Fuji, Montegi and some JGTC cars?

i think it really fits the game with the niche type of content you dont find in other sims

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Justdave

Justdave Member

This is interesting. As I have Steam cloud turned off "globaly" I was without internet today. Had STEAM in offline mode. I booted up AMS2 and it said "CAN'T SYNC WITH STEAM CLOUD" would you like to continue...or some **** to that effect. What is up with that? If I have the cloud disabled, and steam in offline mode..why would it ask?

19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I'm kinda lost on all of those 80 pages... this "reinstall" procedure is intended to fix what exactly?

20. Justdave

Justdave Member

I do the same, but I also turn off STEAM Overlay.. why would it still check for the cloud stuff?? Even with steam in offline mode?