1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I'm trying to get a cult going for Santa Monica Race Course and other tracks of that era, as well as the Stutz Bearcat, Mercer Runabout, Fiat S76, Duesenberg, Delage, Itala, Benz, et al, that we'd need to run them.

The Brass Era is desperately under-represented in racing sims.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

I just buy a new computer for each update. It just works.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Cars started to feel a bit weird, so i did a full reinstall. Without deleting the documents folder. Still weird. Deleted doc folder, verified files in steam and all good. Feels great!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Folks just a general note: please let's get back to topic and let's avoid ridiculing the re-install situation.

Approach it open minded, but gather all the information you have at hand. Check, that the build version is the correct one and that steam has called for all updates, which is still the biggest reason, why a full re-install does something in the first place if steam didn't call for all updates for whatever reason. (Steam download cache deletion is the solution to that and has happened)

We'll have an eye on that one, but it looks like a steam related quirk at this point in time and it can only be sorted by doing the respective steps in steam itself.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If i remember correctly it had something to do with changing things and backing right out of the screen before it finished saving. It doesnt always save correctly. But this was back in PC1 days so it could have changed since then.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I just did quite a few laps at Bathurst in the Super V-8. I pulled out of the pits and drove up the hill with my foot to the floor and no hands on my wheel.

Once up the hill, I sashayed through the turns with a stylish bit of drift, then did the downhill run to the bend, just before you start braking at the bottom, with my foot to the floor and no hands on the wheel.

It handled almost like a GT car, and was very fast and controllable all the way around the track.

Assuming that we're all driving the same version of the Super V-8, I have only done two things that would affect the way the car handles.

1. I tuned my wheel and the in-game FFB settings in accordance with the instructions delineated in @Marc Collins FFB guide. I spent a lot of time dialing in the Default+ FFB until it felt great with my wheel.

2. I ran quite a few laps while tweaking the set up a while back, and I run my own set up, not the default set up.

I do not have the problems described by others with this car. If it is not set up or FFB-related, then the problems would almost have to stem from Steam not passing the updates the way that it should and a need to clear the Steam cache, or Steam Cloud regurgitating old stuff back into the game.

Also, be sure to delete any set ups saved prior to the last update and do a new set up.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

deleting AMS2/ pakfiles/ vehicles/ super_v8.bff,
    then Steam file verification

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was wondering the same, especially about AMS2 come very often, lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

It's amusing that you were compelled make a public announcement that you prefer to talk about your squabble in private. Why does everyone need to know this?
    And you then immediately follow this disingenuous statement with a very public rant about the exact same squabble!

10. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I just did quite a few laps at Granja Viana in the Super V-8. I pulled out of the pits and drove all corners redlighting at sixth gear, no hands on my wheel nor foots on my pedal.

Once up the hill, I commanded the machine with "For the Emperor, DEUS EST MACHINA" and the machine obeyed.

It handled almost like the Fire Stingray, and was very fast and controllable all the way around the track.
    Assuming that we're all driving the same version of the Super V-8, I have only done two things that would affect the way the car handles:

1. Being awesome

2. Driven the car

Serious now: I don't understand all the criticism over this car. It's supposed to be a unfriendly vehicle and it behaves as a deathtrap in any other sim (apparently in real life too, considering the accidents on this category), being it a official content or mod, and AMS2 version were always the most friendly version (don't considering iRacing because, when I tried this game, physics were a mess and I don't know how it improved, but folks say that it did a lot). The AMS2's 1.4 version only requires you to do some basic level throttle control (maybe if people only downgrade the diff clutches it will became way easier), but the chassis, tires and brakes are pretty predictable and easy to manage.

I have a question to any user that want to think about it: I know that a lot of folks want the car to behave as they see in videos (onboards, usually), but do you people handle the car as the real driver? By some relates over this own topic, I don't think so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Being smooth with the throttle with this car is essential. If you just ram it to the floor on turn exit, the Super V-8 will bite you.

You have to work the throttle all the way through a lap, smooth application here, feather it through a turn there, and so on. Working the throttle is a big part of driving the Super V-8 fast.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I only eat holy cheese when I have holy wine. I am banned at churches everywhere. Thank the heavens for the religion of AMS2!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Are you guys here's all week?

Oh, wait...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Possible some folks are having a hard time because their throttle is not very well configured. I use sensibility at 15% in the game configs and it make relatively easy to tame this car (and others as well) even with my old DFGT and it's toy plastic pedals lol

Yeah... we were all this time waiting for you, but you don't show up... we feel not loved enough, so try to change your habits... less family, less work, less puff-puff, less AMS2 and more Reiza's Forum... that is the way!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Re-installing fixed my marriage...

Whoops?! :D I'll see myself out then...
    Better re-install that door first.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

What is causing this? Its a new NVMe drive and a fresh install.
    Screenshot (12).png

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Definitely check the drive health, it can happen for SSDs though. (my "dev drive" shows some nasty errors all 2 months it feels like, despite it being healthy but it's also writing a lot back and forth, so they definitely can produce errors even on normal terms)

In doubt remove this affected file and do a steam file verification and see how the status is with a tool like Crystaldiskinfo.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. John Hart12

John Hart12 New Member

Anyone else tried the Shifter Kart at Ortona for a 10 lap race. All the engines blow on lap 10, AI included. (Reported)
    A race at Interlagos isn't much better, the AI put so much dirt on the track it becomes undrivable (Well not for the AI, very clever AI to use that tactic!!) (Reported)

19. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Has anyone here updated their PC to Window 11 and then had issues running AMS2 afterwards?

20. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No issues with 11 for me.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1