1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I don't think that we'll be getting bikes any sooner than we'll be getting my greatly desired Stutz Bearcats, Mercer Runabouts, etc., as well as Santa Monica Race Course and other applicable circuits, with Vanderbilt Cup racing.

But you could check out GP Bikes from PiBoSo on Steam. Works in VR, and many people feel that it's the best bike sim ever made.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Bikes and Tinder DLCs will be here before Christmas... Dogs DLC will be here before Thanksgiving. All confirmed by Renato himself

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Nah, it isn't just an angle thing, at all angles there are things off with the proportions (I was just trying to roughly recreate the IRL photo since it was the first side view I found and the side is the most noticably different area)
    It's not exactly a big deal, I'm just curious why it's so different to the real cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gillish

Gillish Member

It seems so far AMDM is mostly about powertrain damage (random and/or due to abuse). I'm hoping at some point also underbody-aero damage from abuse of kerbs will be introduced. I feel like the game is a bit too lenient in letting you crash into things like sausage kerbs even on high downforce cars, without any consequence in terms of splitter/floor/wing damage. As long as you don't loose control (which admittedly, sometimes you do, depending on the car), this allows pretty significant corner cutting in many places without any penalty.

Adding floor damage would really add to the immersion for me, and also it fits with the philosophy of having to take good care of your vehicle, instead of just being able to permanent overdrive it.

Otherwise, really love the game!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ive never heard of that game but it has 97% positive reviews on steam. Is it basically the ams2 of bikes?

• Like Like x 1
  6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

There's a demo if you want to check it out. It supports VR too. Just run exe with -vr argument

GP Bikes | About : Overview (gp-bikes.com)

Personally I can never ride bikes on the PC. The way the bike swings around underneath you as you lean into the corners just doesn't feel right but I admit there is probably no better way to represent this on a flat screen.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bike sim rig anyone?

A1CDCDA7-7083-4266-A7A9-1999076254D6.png

(In all seriousness, its probably as bad as karts for lack of immersion due to no g-forces. Whilst the physics might be good, even in vr and with a dd it doesnt feel the same)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marg

Marg Active Member

But GPBikes doesn't have AI! TrackDayR is the best in this aspect. It is still being worked on (early access), highly moddable... although some time has to pass, updates are released once per 3 months.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

And I thought I was bad for having cyclic, collective, and anti-torque pedals for VR helicopter flying!

I want one of those bike sim rigs! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

My guess is that if Reiza works on bikes it will be a separate game and it will be called "Motociclista". :)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Along those lines. It aims for hardcore.

Haven't heard of TrackDayR. But I'll be taking a look at it. Thanks for the tip!

• Like Like x 1
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And boats

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

This...

...or THIS! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Oh, boat lovers...

Unlimited Hydroplane League

And now, back to the subject at hand.

Try the Ginetta G55, the 500+ horsepower model, at Interlagos GP.

15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which means it is as bad as GT3, F1, prototypes, etc, for the very same reason.

As karts are the ones any of us can try irl, yea definitely simulators (all of them) feel pretty bland and ****ty because of the lack of g-forces. Nothing that can be done for now.

Edit: I've never tried motion rigs, but they don't really simulate g-forces. I've heard real professional drivers find them to be absolute garbage, as it feels absolutely wrong and nothing like real life.

16. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that's what I've read as well. The nose of the car diving and lifting under braking/acceleration is the only thing that's accurate (and useful) with motion rigs. Everything else is a bit overrated.

I've found the Omega to be quite ok handling wise tbf. There's maybe a tiny little issue with shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear where it loses traction. It feels to me like power and torque just keep increasing after the upshift. That causes the rear end to step out. Normally power always drops a bit with every upshift and then picks up again and increases throughout the power band.

Could be that the issue is caused by autoclutch idk, I can imagine using a shifter is much better with this car. It could also well be that I'm wrong and it's as intended.

• Like Like x 1
  17. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

You don't need to be a professinal driver to feel like this. Any car with more then 50hp feels more immersive in a corner that those electropneumatic montrosities. Every ride in a Piper Arrow (sustained 3g in a downwards spiral, no aerobatics) is more immersive than any F-15 Simulator, motion rig or not.

18. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

With motion rigs it is just another way to get more information, until they can jack in to your brain, moving at 100mph is not going to feel the same as sitting still.

They've made motion sims using a cage, cables and pulleys in a giant gymnasium, that can do a really good job and create some serious gs but it still can't do everything, for sustained forces you'd need a room the size of multiple football fields.

Does that mean it's not worth it?

Well to any of you who are becoming disillusioned with your motion rig because it isn't like real life, please feel free to give it to me. XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I've trained the dog to jiggle my chair. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

I have a full motion setup
    It’s kind of like ffb once one has it one would not want to be without it

no g-forces ( or very very low only ) but hell of a lot going on in the micro movements to not think about the lack of g’s , when it’s all tuned nice with the ffb it’s sim racing heaven ( not to mention with VR )

• Like Like x 3