1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I find it very hard to see the cars up ahead with it, especially in the rain/fog.

Maybe a clear/tinted and little thinner halo pillar would be a good compromise :)

2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Could be, but for example, in the helmet cam the helmet can be turnet on or off, so probably they could do the same with the halo at some point.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Elcid43

Yeah, hopefully they can do something with the center pillar one way or another :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Turbo adjustment for the F-Classics and F-USAs too, pretty please?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Elcid43

Now we are talkin :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

MORE IN CAR ADJUSTMENTS!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Great feedback. I would also humbly add the fear factor in the equation. It’s much easier to be at the ultimate limit in a safe environment as a sim rig where no harm is done if you get wrong at pouhon vs getting it wrong in real life with real consequences. The more vintage the car track combo the more this is true vs a sim. That why sir Jackie Stewart always said the worst mistake a driver could make at his time was to over drive the car, as this could easily cost the driver’s life.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It doesn't even have to be a constant thing. Just make it a 1/1,000,000 the AI driver will panic and either crash or back out of the move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Squalido

Squalido New Member

I asked about that some time ago in a QA Renato did, and he answered that it might be very difficult to implement. But never say never with Reiza, as they have implemented changes I though were impossible with Madness engine. If they bring mid race saves + larger grids of cars (at least 50 cars) I will never stop playing AMS2.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, if they just wanted to make "Shared pit" (2 cars sharing 1 pit stall) versions of key tracks, I would be 100% down with that. Doubles the grid size and you still have the single pit version to use where appropriate. Spa 1970's would be perfect to experiment on because it's grid size is kinda pathetic for the distance of the circuit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A recent example of this would be the change in Long Beach from 2021 to 2022. The same chassis was doing laps 3 seconds faster just because of some minor resurfacing work. I would guess that the survey/laser scan teams aren't taking grip measurements of every single piece of tarmac on a track.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This for me is the end to the complaints about cars being faster in sims than in real life...

There are reasons why Fangio, Moss, Stewart and other greats from that era are so respected... They got closer to the limit than anyone dared...

If you add in the hard but not impossible to model in sims (as Reiza continue to get closer to it) mechanical sympathy that drivers just had to have in order to reach the end of a race... Or simply avoid costly repairs in the pits over a race weekend... Drivers would routinely be driving well below their limit just to make sure there's no damage to any important components... Not every team had the budget to change an engine after every session...

Every series used to be like Formula E where the ONLY time you saw the max performance of all the mechanicals was in qualifying when they had all night to do an engine swap... Of course the top end of motorsports is where you saw special 1 lap engines for qualy...

The further you go back the more the fear factor and mechanical sympathy play a role in slowing down real world times...

If you are still questioning this reality, just think how much more care you take heading through Monaco when you have damage on than when you have no damage on and are driving a track like Paul Ricard with large run off zones with no cut tracks to slow you down...

Plus as others have stated, even with all the bumps mapped perfectly thanks to laser scanning, there's no way of getting the grain in the surface of the road and how much grip there was with the track technologies of the past... Or for the safety work that goes on between sessions cleaning up the track... Or the red flags for dangerous conditions like oil on track... Or even how much dust was on the surface that year...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 5
  13. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Well summoned sir, I totally agree with you. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  14. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I stopped at g29/Leo bodnar cable LOL. Hope in a DD next year....

• Like Like x 2
  15. RDG

RDG Active Member

Re: car performance, both the Formula Ultimates deperately need a slowdown. The 2022 is a good 5s a lap faster than its real life counterpart around Spa with same(ish) tyre and fuel load.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

MOAR!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They can maybe do that due to them making up their own car, but maybe Mercedes should’ve just copied the AMS2 version :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Can't be done because of how the track conditions simulation works. It's technically impossible to get around, I gather.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some users with access to the Beta have since v1.4.3.3 reported having recurring "Steam Cloud out of date" messages simultaneously on both the Beta and Release version.

To those of you who don't have access to the Beta, is this something that you've also experienced since the v1.4.3.3 release? We're trying to determine if this is just a temporary Steam thing in general, or if it's something related to having the Beta version installed.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not in the beta. I've got a "Steam Cloud Error" on AMS2 as we speak. I think I got it in the [releasecandidate] a couple times as well, although I don't remember if it was the exact same message.

I also have a "Steam Cloud Out of Date" on RimWorld right now, and it's not the only other game I've had these messages with lately.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1