1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

And this also does show how contraproductive and disqualifying it is to have a racing game named a "sim" using some pretty simple algoritms named "AI" implanted in an even more simplified physics for the AI bots.
    iRacing use the heritage from NR2003 where the AI cars use the same physics as the player car.
    That was the reason all the years back where NR2003 still was state of the art and a lot of us users created setups for the AI cars.
    And then watched how the AI bots used this setups.

So if we are talking about a socalled "sim" near us then forget everything about following iRacings machine learning AI training - because this needs the same physics used both in the player car as in the AI cars.:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

You're oversimplifying it. You need to factor in the complexity of the players physics. How many calculations per cycle and how many cycles per second. Do you want the same physics for the entire grid at the expense of worse player physics? Do you want to reduce the grid size? Do you want to alienate lower spec players? As mentioned before, you'd need a thread to perform the physics calcs and another to make the decisions per car. We'd all need to be rockin' Ryzen Threadripper 3990X for a 30 car grid unless the A.i. were zombies. I'm also 'sus' on other sims claiming the same physics. Maybe the same engine, but with far fewer calculations at best. I read that RF2 A.i. is actually running RF1 physics (i.e. simpler) - not sure how true that is.

Goes to show, it doesn't matter what Reiza do, people will moan regardless. Sometimes I think it would be nice if Reiza communicated a little more opening about whats going on and then I think, who could be arsed listening to all the cr4p. Better for their mental health to just communicate sparingly and keep their heads down.

If the team was a little bigger they could afford to pay for a therapist for their marketing/community manager.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

Its pretty obvious that you just want to make a big fuss out of this - with all your exaggeratings and what have we.
    Hehe but I will just repeat the simple fact I mentioned above that NR2003 did use the same physics for the AI cars all the years back in 2003.
    And as I recall it then this iRacing forerunner sim could even deal with more AI cars in a race than the "sim" near us.
    And at least as I understand it then both computers and the internet has become slightly more advanced today than (lets say) 20 years ago.:whistle:

Hehe but that is it for me now.
    Dont want to waste more time on this rather trivial subject.

4. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I apologise if I seemed grumpy, it's an age thing.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Doesn’t matter what people think about Iracing but they have the best AI in the business and of course it is still a sim no matter what. Yes, their business model is questionable and so is their FFB imo. However they managed to have the best AI within two years (or three?) from 0. And that's something I appreciate.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

My point is more, it doesn't matter the means to make the A.i. realistic, as long as they seem realistic to the player. So we shouldn't get lost in the weeds. It's true, regardless of mechanism, iRacing A.i. is great.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

For having F1’s that fly better than paper aeroplanes, I’ll forgive it anything!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

6m14s
    I always knew Mustangs had more downforce than F1.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 4
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You do realize that the player car physics has become exponentially more complex with each new iteration, right? An exponential curve steeper than the corresponding availability of personal computing power...

We also demonstrated above that the AI using player physics is not a determination of AI quality. Exhibit A: AC. Exhibit B: ACC.

iRacing has excellent AI due to many factors that are unique to iRacing. It has little to do with the old AI in NR2003 and probably little to do with the decision to use the same physics as the player car. iRacing doesn't even have rain...yet. One of the many reasons it has taken years for them to finally add rain is the same reason it took years to do AI. They have to implement these things in ways that will work with their online system. Not an easy task.

iRacing on rain: “We want to make sure it's right”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is a bit ironic that the platform that is mainly used for ranked MP racing has the best AI. Then again, you can't race the AI on every track and I doubt they'll ever make AI that works properly in Dirt Road and Dirt Oval (the only iRacing series I genuinely enjoy).

12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let’s hope AMS2 can get on their level on BOTH THINGS

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I know my English is bad, but yes I don't want momentary solutions, and I'm pointing out that the basic game still in some categories are not good, but it seems to commit a crime to say that here, I don't want to sound rude, but at no point do I ask for a configuration, read my messages and you will see, if the point was to ask for a configuration, I would have done it, I came here to say that Reiza still needs to pay attention to some important things that are still not good, but it seems that I cursed mom from someone rssss, I don't like comparison with other Sims, but I've had ACC since early access and I've never had to use anyone's settings, I've followed Reiza since Brand Cups, Stock Car game, F Truck and then AMS1 and I've never used tapas settings holes, I just identify something that I don't think is right, if Renato's group thinks it needs attention ok, if not ok too, if I'm not satisfied give up until I find it convenient to give it another chance, they don't need to per give your hair because of me, it's just a game relax and learn to respect those who think contrary to you, that's how we evolve, questioning things, Abs..

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Rollo

Rollo New Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate.. It's always a hassle to setup your wheel for any sim out there. If anything it's a problem for all sims, but it usually becomes less of an issue because of how well equipped the communities are to deal with sim racing these days. You gotta put a few minutes into it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I dont know if someone who refuses spend 5 minutes to look up in the internet for good settings should be playing sim racing really. Hell, I dont even try any sim in default settings, I go straight to look for settings before trying it then I adjust it to my liking.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

What is it you are trying to prove here?
    That todays player car physics are so extremely advanced that its impossible for a computer game which is titulating itself a "sim" to use the same algoritms for the socalled AI cars as the player car?
    Maybe we should tell the devs behind iRacings AI cars this.

This alone is setting a huge question sign about your completely unqualified postulate that "the player car physics has become exponentially more complex () than the corresponding availability of personal computing power".
    Quite honestly I dont think you can be serious here.:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If i remember correctly Iracing 60hz ffb vs AMS2 600hz ffb. MIght have something to do with it:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What physics concerns, AI in AMS2 shares everything except the driveline and tire model with the player.
    It would be indeed too taxing for performance to run the seta tire model and madness driveline in their full complexity in multiple instances but everything else is running at the same base like player physics.

Everything has disadvantages and advantages after all, this is also true for purely player physics based systems.

FFB frequency has nothing to do with AI. I'd think you refer to physics ticks frequency - it's true that a lower rate can free ressources here, obviously.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats what i was getting at. I remember them discussing that back in pc1 days. Using player physics for the ai along with higher ffb hz would have limited what pcs could run it which they were trying to avoid doing.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A higher FFB refresh also affects overall CPU load indeed. True that it could affect the whole situation aswell yeah.